Certain places and activities which are no-no's.

planemo

List of places and/or activities I would really rather avoid.

Family gatherings. (weddings, birthday parties)

Public toilets.

Any place which requires me standing in a queue. Usually the supermarket, bank etc.

Elevators/lifts.

And of course public speaking.

Anyone have similar feelings towards certain places/activities?

Umm....everywhere!

Just kidding...for me it would be lifts (elevators), shopping centres (malls), and town on a Saturday afternoon, busy busy busy!

lyricalliaisons

I do, definitely.

Family gatherings, like you said, though my avoidance extends to include holidays & everything else

Clubs, bars, etc.

Parties of any & every kind.

Places with loud noises & lots of people. I think I'd die of I ever went to a concert, though I wish I could go to one.

I know I haven't written that much, but this list could go on for another mile lol, so I'll stop now.

Yeah, I forgot to mention clubs. It's kind of places where there's a lot of people and noise and pushing and shoving going on, like a really busy club or a really busy street in town, Galway has lovely narrow streets :rolleyes:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Public speaking, bus, train, subway, crowdy places, places I'm not familiar with, family gatherings, bank, P.O, doctors, making certain phone calls.

Noca

Banned
Family events

Public washrooms

Any place where I might run into someone I know

Escalators (not related to SA, but my fear of escalators)

Any class with presentations in it.

The public buses

Cafeterias

etc etc

Lorraine Manca

Family gatherings-definately number one
elevators
stores that dont have customers in them and you can see the sales people at the door standing ready to greet you. (i wont go into this situation, no matter what)
any store with extra friendly customer service, thats just annoying
haircuts

humansrare

Agreed with the family gatherings, they are dreadful!

I actually am not that afraid to go into clubs and concerts, or places with a lot of people; I am more afraid of places with fewer people where I'm more likely to be noticed. People in crowded rooms don't pay much attention to every other person. So I feel slightly comfortable there :)

Waiting rooms are a big deal for me.