Cant get things out of my head

LockieKermit

Man I sound paranoid, OCD forum im like the last 4 posts.

Anyways, whenver I hear a song and start listening to it in my head, it never leaves. It's like constantly there until another song comes and I can never seem to get songs out of my head.

Another thing is that Mind Chatter normal for OCD? like at night as im trying to fall asleep random words will pop into my head, scenarios, lines, tv/movie scenes/moments etc. It makes it sometimes difficult to go to sleep when it feels like there is a radio or t.v playing inside your head.

Also, last night after worrying about it I got up at about 2 in the morning to do some googleing about it. For like 5-10 seconds I swear I could hear a faint sound, kinda like the news on the t.v. I could barley hear it. I got up and everything was off.

Im now worried im going crazy.

LockieKermit

well I did some mroe googleing and it does seem pretty normal. Thanks Lea, are you like me, you cant get a song out your head?

LockieKermit

haha same. I was watching Doctor who all day and up until I went to bed. All I could hear in my head was the main character talking sentences. Or whatever I was thinking at the time, the Doctor who guy was like the running commenter...I feel crazy typing that.

Lea

Banned
Seems as if the mind works like tape recorder. Everything leaves imprint there. Maybe it would be useful if we recorded on it things we want, shape our mind into how we want it.

LockieKermit

Interesting. I was reading about this, when some people get these racing thoughts they channel it into something good, good images, good words etc...

Lea

Banned
It's basically what positive thinking is.. or rather saying constructive because I hate the term "positive thinking", do things that bring us somewhere instead of looking back.

When speaking about the thoughts before sleeping, I sometimes can see faces or images when I close my eyes. These are constantly changing, usually into some monsters.

getbornagain

Your OCD can make you think and feel all sorts of weird ****. If you find yourself asking "is this normal for OCD" the answer is yes. It's called the doubting disease for the very reason that you continously doubt it's OCD.

206Raider

Your fine, I think everybody has songs that get stuck in their head and thinking about things like movie scenes or anything else is normal while your trying to sleep also. Don't worry, it's not a problem becuase everybody does it.

I hear things when I'm trying to sleep sometimes too but I know it's there I just don't know what it is, every once in awhile I'll hear a loud tick sound in the middle of the night. I just ignore it though.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
That thing with music, it happens to me too. It doesn't bother me too much though, unless I associate that music with something disturbing... in that case, it can be terrifying if it starts replaying over and over again, I can't even get to sleep from the fear.

Last edited:
A lot of people have mind chatter and a lot of people get songs stuck in there head, its basically what you make of it that matters. If you start associating things to it, feelings or start wondering why..thats when things get complicated. Really the best remedy is to ignore it..eventually your mind will get quiet.
But I think if you have OCD it does make it harder then others to just ignore it for your constantly monitering and wondering why..whereas other people would just brush it off.