Can you talk into a voice recorder ?

Bo592

So I wanted to try out a software call dragon the program that write what you say into the computer. I thought maybe this would be a big break maybe I could put together a novel or somthing with this kind of techology . So I decided to try and talk into a voice recorder to help get me started. Then I discover somthing weird I was way to nervous to talk to myself out loud . "that weird" I thought to myself I say thing to myself all the time in my head so why on earth was I not able to talk to myself in a voice recorder loud enough so it would be able to pick it up.

I live in apartment and I figured maybe it was my fear of my neighbors over hearing me and then making fun of me on what I say. One time I over heard one of them repeating the lines that was being said On my t.v . Then anther time one heard me watching a cartoon then started saying out loud to the other in the room "listen to that, that is way to childlish". Then I quickly change the channel as my face turn red. I guess am afraid of other seeing my thoughts when I am not ready for them to know my thoughts. I guess I am afraid because I like the freedom to pick and chose my thoughts. So bumer I wish I could of got the dragon software working for me in that favor. I feel threated in my own home to be myself. So how do all of you feel about talking in a voice recorder can you do it with out feeling anxiety.

Hot_Tamale

I don't know much about you but do you travel to and from work on a regular basis? The voice recorder can go on your passenger seat if you drive to and from work...that is if you don't mind passengers in other cars beside you seeing you talk to yourself every now and then. Talking to myself in the car on the way to work did the trick for me two years ago. I was terrified of giving orders and bossing people around (I was working with children on the job) but after I barked orders and yelled at the steering wheel on the way to work one morning it was so much easier for myself after that and speaking to large groups of children was easy after that.
I know I have a very similar problem typing online as well as speaking in real life in that I find it hard to start but the more I do it the more difficult it is to stop, like a rusted engine that slowly roars to life. I heard myself on my microphone while playing on my PS4 one day and the more I spoke the easier it got (but I thought I sounded like a horse with laryngitis).
My advice though? Like I said, maybe do it in your car? Invite someone over to your house and talk to them with a recorder next to you or do it over the phone? And cartoons? CARTOONS??!! I watch cartoons all the time and I'm almost 30! I love Bugs Bunny, Animaniacs, and Loony Toons...who died and made your neighbors king? Judging isn't fair, try not to give too much control to anyone else over your own life, because I speak from experience that it just makes someone miserable.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I live in apartment and I figured maybe it was my fear of my neighbors over hearing me and then making fun of me on what I say. One time I over heard one of them repeating the lines that was being said On my t.v . Then anther time one heard me watching a cartoon then started saying out loud to the other in the room "listen to that, that is way to childlish". Then I quickly change the channel as my face turn red. I guess am afraid of other seeing my thoughts when I am not ready for them to know my thoughts. I guess I am afraid because I like the freedom to pick and chose my thoughts.

Hey! What's wrong with watching cartoons?

Much like Hot Tamale, I'm almost 30 and I still watch The Simpsons, Animaniacs, Pinky and The Brain and many other TV shows I grew up watching. Hell, I even watch Disney films. Just sayin', don't let other people's judgement of what you like change you.

Bo592

I don't know much about you but do you travel to and from work on a regular basis? The voice recorder can go on your passenger seat if you drive to and from work...that is if you don't mind passengers in other cars beside you seeing you talk to yourself every now and then. Talking to myself in the car on the way to work did the trick for me two years ago. I was terrified of giving orders and bossing people around (I was working with children on the job) but after I barked orders and yelled at the steering wheel on the way to work one morning it was so much easier for myself after that and speaking to large groups of children was easy after that.
I know I have a very similar problem typing online as well as speaking in real life in that I find it hard to start but the more I do it the more difficult it is to stop, like a rusted engine that slowly roars to life. I heard myself on my microphone while playing on my PS4 one day and the more I spoke the easier it got (but I thought I sounded like a horse with laryngitis).
My advice though? Like I said, maybe do it in your car? Invite someone over to your house and talk to them with a recorder next to you or do it over the phone? And cartoons? CARTOONS??!! I watch cartoons all the time and I'm almost 30! I love Bugs Bunny, Animaniacs, and Loony Toons...who died and made your neighbors king? Judging isn't fair, try not to give too much control to anyone else over your own life, because I speak from experience that it just makes someone miserable.

Hello Hot_Tamale, Thank you I like your advice on How I could over come this unforunately I don`t drive but I think your phone idea sound good but I can`t think of anybody that would be willing to do that for me. I wonder if their a way I could just make my phone ring on it own and then pretend I am on the phone with somebody. However would this work on making a novel. I made other ideas up in my head I am thinking about trying out a headphone set and listening music to drown out what my neighbors comment maybe. So then I want be able to hear them at all.

Anther idea was trying to read out loud in a voice recorder to worm up my vocals and then picking a centain part of the day when I know my neighbors are not at home.

Bo592

I love cartoons I always find them incredible artistic, funny and a lot harder to make then using real people. I love how they can show emotions like eye bugging out head or hearts appearing above their head.

Metal_isthe_Answer

Hey! What's wrong with watching cartoons?

Much like Hot Tamale, I'm almost 30 and I still watch The Simpsons, Animaniacs, Pinky and The Brain and many other TV shows I grew up watching. Hell, I even watch Disney films. Just sayin', don't let other people's judgement of what you like change you.
Turn it up louder to drown them out, that's what I say

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Hell, I even watch Disney films. Just sayin', don't let other people's judgement of what you like change you.

Yea I like quite a few of the animated disney films too lol.

And great advice Graeme, don't let others decide what you should like :thumbup: