Bullies are starting to try to hurt me.

Brit

On friday, Someone replaced my chair with one with the seat and legs separated. The table in my class are right behind on another. Had I sat on it, I would of fallen backwards and banged my head on the sharp edge of a table. I could of been rendered unconcious, or if I was lucky, have a bleeding head.

The worst part of this wasn't them trying to hurt me.

The worst part was that nearly the whole class, save up to 5 people (out of 31), was in on it/wanted me to sit.

And that amount of people just proves that I am one of the least popular people in my school.

Reminds me of someone I should of stuck up for:

There's this girl in my form who everyone hates because she isn't that good looking :eek:h:

Someone put a really popular persons bag on her table, and the person who owned the bag, knowing full well that someone else had put it there, starting ranting at her, saying no one likes her, and the such. She was sat in the wrong place, by accident, and the person who owned the place did the same thing as the person who owned the bag.

The worst thing about that story?

I just sat there and watched. Didn't try to help the girl. Just watched.

I really regret that.

laure15

This is so sad. What kind of school do you go to? Your class sounds terrible. You should find people who are in the same situation, like the girl you mentioned, and try to befriend each other. There is strength in numbers - the more friends you hang out with, the less those bullies will want to attack you or your friends.

I also think you should share this with an adult, not necessarily your teacher but maybe a counselor.

aNOTfox

Speak to someone in authority about this. You need to sort it out as soon as possible. Simply ignoring bullying doesn't work.

AdamE

I'm so sorry to read about that. I agree with the others who have replied - you should speak to someone in authority. You should also speak with your parents, because teachers have a horrible tendency of trying to lay the blame on the one being bullied. And yeah, try to befriend the girl you mentioned. You don't need to have much in common, you don't need to hang out after school, you don't have to stand up for each other (believe me, I know how hard that can be), but just knowing that you're not alone can be a big comfort.

Niceguy23

Im sorry you have to deal with this. dont do anything to get in trouble. When someone messed with my I always defended myself the last time in high school I beat this kid up for punching me in my face and I got in trouble and arrested and hes the one who started. let the school know about this.

MikeyC

This is why I don't miss school. The bullying. It has ruined my life so don't let it ruin yours.

ImNotMyIllness

Hey Brit. Try to hang in there! Don't let the jerks win. Like the others stated, I think talking to someone in authority is the best option. But, if you're uncomfortable with that, try to find someone like yourself in school.
For some reason, I always had an easy time making friends with foreign exchange students or with people whom English was not a first language. They are also having a very hard time fitting in and are eager to find a friend...Try it. :)

seaturtle

You absolutely need to tell an adult or a teacher. It's not your fault- these bullies are immature little kids that need a good whooping from their parents. They will take any opportunity to be a bully to another student, and it's unlikely other students will stand up for fear of not fitting in.

THeCARS1979

On friday, Someone replaced my chair with one with the seat and legs separated. The table in my class are right behind on another. Had I sat on it, I would of fallen backwards and banged my head on the sharp edge of a table. I could of been rendered unconcious, or if I was lucky, have a bleeding head.

The worst part was that nearly the whole class, save up to 5 people (out of 31), was in on it/wanted me to sit.

And that amount of people just proves that I am one of the least popular people in my school.

There's this girl in my form who everyone hates because she isn't that good looking :eek:h:

Someone put a really popular persons bag on her table, and the person who owned the bag, knowing full well that someone else had put it there, starting ranting at her, saying no one likes her, and the such. She was sat in the wrong place, by accident, and the person who owned the place did the same thing as the person who owned the bag.

I really regret that.

It really sucks that since I was in school the amount of bullying with in the last 20 to 30 32 years increased by a lot and it sucks cause school officials are yet to do much and cant be bothered. Did you talk to anyone else besides posting these stories online cause its so little people on the site can do for you from where we are.

OCDd

i am sorry you are going through this, that sounds awful and i wish their was more i could do. i would suggest that you go in and tell your teacher what is going on but make sure no one sees you do it and just tell the teacher to pay more attention so that the kids think its the teacher getting them in trouble when they get caught and also you could try praying to God, ask him for help and keep him close to you and ask for forgiveness, i hope this helps you and God bless

People are shallow, mean creatures. I say talk to an authority figure in the school. I fought my bullies, sometimes i beat them up, sometimes they beat me up. I never went to an authority figure, instead took matters into my own hands and it solved nothing. Don't let idiots get the better of you and don't get violent. I hope and pray things get better for you:)

lonelee1

I really regret that.

:(

this sounds terrible, maybe you should talk to a teacher about this behavior.
have you talked to your parents about this?

this makes me sad to hear, and i'm sorry those jerks tried to hurt you. not sure what to say. i hope you feel better and tell someone about this.

akala

If you can , find yourself some positive people in class... that helped me when I was in school. Don't let her do that to you... if you want just look at them weirdly when they do it
or try a raised eye brow... it worked for me.

Annie13

you need to speak to someone before it gets worse and maybe you regret not sticking up for the girl but maybe you didnt want yourself having any more problems or trouble because if you did stick up for the girl it would of been brought on you aswell i think you just need to speak to someone about it before it gets worse:)

THeCARS1979

I really regret that.

I dont think it has to do with her looks, it has to do with just being introverted because there was a girl who was really cute and she got bullied too. I forget the name right now but its on youtube. Its a real shame what some people do.

drakir

kill em...... ok.. that might not help you out... i was never "bullied", but i was picked on. what do you mean with "bullies"? i mean.. what kind of bullying have they put you through?

(i wouldnt have been sticking up for that girl either, but thats because of my anxiety.. and it would probably have made it worse for both of us)

Last edited:

And that amount of people just proves that I am one of the least popular people in my school
I think it's primarily the "pack instinct", that is initiated by usually just one person (the actual bully). The rest just follow, even if they don't want to, so that they are "in the pack" and not left out.

And i don't think it's that "personal", as if you became confident/etc, then they (the bullies) would likely move on to somebody else (who is "easy picking" for them). For instance, back in my school days, i recalled sitting next to a new boy in class, and he was regularly being poked in the back with a compass needle by a bully who sat behind us. So i swapped places, and what do you know, the bully simply continued poking me!. Perhaps i was equally as "weak" as the new boy, i dunno.

R3K

what use are the knowledge and academic practices of "school" to your life if you're being physically and emotionally terrorized?

I didn't even try in college. told my parents, after 5 years of C's, W's and F's that if they liked college so much, they should F'ing go there.

instead of forcing me into college by holding me financially hostage...

how was I supposed to utilize the patchy educational skill set I sort of learned in highschool if my memory constantly fogged out when trying to remember stuff I learned in those burn-point anxiety cubes called classrooms?

I spoke up to a bully for one hot moment in front of the entire class in highschool once. silenced every1 in the room for a good five seconds. I don't regret it for one second. when I told my parents to fking go to college for me, and that I was dropping out, I didn't regret it.

those were the paths I took... not necessarily telling you to do similar, but if you don't fire back at these bullies you're gonna end up spending a lot of unnecessary energy/time healing emotional wounds you don't need to have.