Bullied out of work

Mazo0483

Well after quitting my job on friday after being completely pushed out by certain staff that i had a confrontation with after being assaulted by one of them on shift (managers cousin) who was drunk and high on cocaine, which all of said members take on shift. They decided to throw a party at work once they heard of my leaving, (i dont do drugs btw) and threatened owner if i ever return they will all walk out, even the owners of business agree i have been forced out. I am extremely quiet and that was first time i argued with them, but after being slapped full force across the face i had to say something. Im now unemployed after working my backside off for them for 3 years for £5 an hour (im 31 btw) iv been completely walked all over. And have no friends whatsoever. Im nothing but nice to everyone and these people are extremely popular, how the hell is this fair

hoddesdon

Is there any unfair dismissal legislation you can use? Perhaps you could report them to the police. Possibly you could put together a team to replace them, since you have experience in that industry, and approach the owner about dismissing all of them and employing your team instead.

Lavinialuna

Well after quitting my job on friday after being completely pushed out by certain staff that i had a confrontation with after being assaulted by one of them on shift (managers cousin) who was drunk and high on cocaine, which all of said members take on shift. They decided to throw a party at work once they heard of my leaving, (i dont do drugs btw) and threatened owner if i ever return they will all walk out, even the owners of business agree i have been forced out. I am extremely quiet and that was first time i argued with them, but after being slapped full force across the face i had to say something. Im now unemployed after working my backside off for them for 3 years for £5 an hour (im 31 btw) iv been completely walked all over. And have no friends whatsoever. Im nothing but nice to everyone and these people are extremely popular, how the hell is this fair
I can see in my mind and heart that this could possibly be the best thing that ever happened to you. You got out of a dead end job and away from toxic people participating in illegal activities. YAY! :thumbup:
I know it's cliche, but this is the first day of the rest of your life, make it a good one! It will be be exciting to see how this plays out :)
Try not to look at this as negative (easier said than done, I know) but you are better than them, don't give them another thought. Start concentrating on your future at somewhere positive where you might meet new people who are good friend material. Less stress is best for people like us. Don't look back, keep your eyes forward!

Whoopdeedoo

Im so sorry ... I was bullied @ work too...you sound like a good person.
Please dont let this get you down... I read some of the other responses and I agree
That youre lucky youre out of there and forge ahead...
Dont look back!
Better days to come

RegalSin

"after being assaulted by one of them on shift"

1. Police workers rights your equal of BBB.

2. The managers cousin and he did nothing about nothing? Sounds like an good time to fight the guy back. But walking out over an drunk is lame. Just go back to your job and the next time he violates your personal SAFETY. You defend yourself; and be sure to keep and recorder safely in your pockets on record all the time.

3. Last I heard in official establishments co-workers do not physically assualt other co-workers. We just call the cops or seperate them. Childishness I say.

Richey

I would have done the same, would have walked out of there straight away, would have told them where to go in no uncertain terms as well, sounds like a pathetic work environment....

Least you keep your self pride that way...

Places like that are not worth our time.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I agree with some things mentioned by others here.

1- its better for you to be out of a toxic work environment.
2- you really should fight back. I would take legal action - at least look at the options.
3- I'd wait for a month or so, then ring the police about the cocaine use. You can do this anonymously if you want to.

I would never take being treated like that, neither should you.

THeCARS1979

well yeah its not fair, and alot of things aren't. Did you think about reporting this to the corporate office? I ts not that they don't like you . well some don't like others. but also don't be to nice.

dannyboy65

I was also bullied at work in the past but by my boss. This sounds terrible, but you can find a better job. Quitting this job is a good thing. You have to work somewhere where you are appreciated.

nicole1

I've experienced something similar, but nothing will violence. It was more catty because most of the people were women. Their form of abuse was verbal. They talked about me until I quit.

What has happened to you, maybe there's some form of legal action you can take against them? The boss as well? Hostile working environments can't be tolerated

Luckylife

The jobs scene these days is a joke. You have run up against the idiot son scenario, I had that at my last job. I had a big bruise on my arm cos I fell off a skateboard. Totally by surprise the bosses son starts yelling about what a stupid thing it was to do and right in front of everyone. The phrase 'unfair dismissal' sprang to mind.
That you don't take drugs is probably a bigger factor than you might at first think. Cocaine is a peculiar one but when 20 or 30 people are on it they develop a gang mentality. Drug abuse within the workplace is rife, especially in Finance when 16hr days are commonplace, stimulants are widely recommended. Modern day job description defies translation into English but what is more common is that promotion within the workplace is increasingly rare. Positions are applied for and that what you do. That you have been forced out of work is not in dispute but they are legally obliged to provide a reference and if I were you, I would write a letter of complaint to head office about the events. I expect they will support their managers and state that a misunderstanding has occurred but they will stand by the decision of your supervisor etc. Keep the letter and be sure to show prospective employers should they ask questions. You are probably best out of there with trouble brewing, cocaine is notoriously addictive.

AtTheGates

Banned
what kind of place exactly is this that you're working at?.....everyone there sounds extremely unprofessional...is it a front business or something?....maybe they dont like you possibly because you're better than them and they're all on drugs/maybe even SELLING drugs....people like that are the WORST...its like a cesspool of illegal activity...I hate trashy people like that.

Last edited:

ryan2022

First of all, I just left a similar, although not quite as serious workplace.

Please don't internalize this. there are better more caring people to work for, and with.

As for the assault and drug use, I would let things cool off, and make an anonymous complaint to either or the police and labour board.

Good luck! Keep us posed.

liblue

I'm still in school so I might not be able to answer to this the best way possible. And I feel it's a very delicate subject, as you are an adult and they are adults. I am from Spain where there is so much unemployment that when people don't feel happy with how their potential is being used in their current job, if they are lucky enough to have one, of course, they just leave and start off somewhere new. A new country, a new life. Maybe you should consider that, if you don't have anything holding you back. As to any psychological effects that the bullying might have had on you, I suggest working through it by keeping yourself busy with other things and surrounding yourself by other people. When I was younger, I moved to another country temporally and I got bullied every day. When I came back to Spain, I found other people to hang out with, other hobbies to try out... and even though the scar from those two horrible years are still there, I have learnt to move on and be happy. I hope everything works out...