brain fog ??

johnny 85

kk, ever since last thurs when i started to feel ill ive been experiencing symtoms of brain fog. at the moment im feeling better but the brain fog symtoms are still there and im starting to get really annoyned and anxious about it! this is nt the 1st time ive experienced these symtoms but its only been recently where i found a name for it. i suffer from chest infections and sinus infections and im wondering would they contribute to the brain fog?? or is it over my anxiety that i suffer brain fog ?? to be honest i was highly relieved to find im not the only person who suffers this, as i was begining to think i was goin mad. lol. those anyone else suffer from this horrid condition ?? is there anyway of gettin rid of it?? and what causes it ??

heres a link which explains what its like, im not even gonna try explain it myself , i ll only confuse ye , lol ;)http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/brain_fog.htm

Last edited:

Emily_G

I don't quite understand what you mean by "brain fog". Do you mean you feel like you have trouble thinking, remembering stuff, etc?

philly2bits

I'm usually in a fog when I'm depressed. I have a hard time forming cohesive thoughts, and when I do, I loss my train of thought quickly. It also happens when I'm under a great deal of stress. It's very hard to think of anything else besides what is causing the stress.

Yes, I know this feeling all too well; it likes to descend when I really need my brain. It’s as if your brain regresses twenty years, and you appear slow and unintelligent to others. Even if I try to concentrate, it doesn’t help, it’s somewhat like a pond, and you’re grasping at slippery fish - your memory - and you cannot seem to catch any.

lyricalliaisons

If you're physically ill, that can definitely increase the feeling. But I do know what you mean because I go through huge periods of time like that. My brain is just a muddled mess that just doesn't work & I can't think straight.

If you're physically ill, that can definitely increase the feeling. But I do know what you mean because I go through huge periods of time like that. My brain is just a muddled mess that just doesn't work & I can't think straight.

Sometimes I wonder if we think too fast - hence why our brains are in a muddle. Maybe we need to slow it down, and learn to process our thoughts better.

lyricalliaisons

Sometimes I wonder if we think too fast - hence why our brains are in a muddle. Maybe we need to slow it down, and learn to process our thoughts better.

I don't think fast, my mind almost always works slowly lol, it's just naturally that way.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Ugh, yes... I feel exactly like that now. It doesn't make me anxious or anything, It just gets me in a weird mood when I don't want to do anything. I can't think straight, I am in slow motion, mentally and physically. It sucks because I really want to do things, but I feel like I have to drag my body around in order to do them, even the simplest task turns exhausting.

johnny 85

k, i think i found the cause of my brain fog. after reading a few forums on it, a lot of the people who are experiencing brain fog have problems with their sinuses and quiet a few of them suffer from depression and anxiety!! theres also a lot more causes of brain fog!! im forunate enough to have a sinus infection and suffer from anxiety :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
I think brain fog is a by product of depression,anxiety ocd or whatever disorder someone happens to have.i dont think its a problem of its own..and Im not sure if I believe everything that link said but thats just imo :)

Any mental health issue can cloud your mind,we just dont fuction/think as normal as we should.When we get depressed or whatever its like our brain stagnates if that makes sence.I use to worry about feeling like I had brain fog,but my c.b.t therpaist said it would be suprising if I didnt have it,as depression definatley impedes our thinking process.

I believe have this too... constantly!
Seems to be getting a lot worse lately and its really frustrating when i cant remember simple things, like my name or what age i am. It freaks me out cause people joke sayin its an early sign of alzeimers and im starting to believe them!

ou2saved2

I have been on elavil for 6 years 100mg everynight, I have a lot of good days and less bad days and that is a 100% flip before meds. How I feel is exactly measured by my attitude. You can heal nearly everything, fog brain and all with positive reinforcement but when the brain is without its chemicals it will become depressed. Most of all problems come from this single diagnosis, depression must be treated before the S.A. if you don't feel good how can you be social?

I have been on elavil for 6 years 100mg everynight, I have a lot of good days and less bad days and that is a 100% flip before meds. How I feel is exactly measured by my attitude. You can heal nearly everything, fog brain and all with positive reinforcement but when the brain is without its chemicals it will become depressed. Most of all problems come from this single diagnosis, depression must be treated before the S.A. if you don't feel good how can you be social?

But if you can't be social, how can you feel good?