Blamed for her death

dannyboy65

Today my mom found out that she only has at maximum 5 years left to live. This is bad enough, she then tells me that I am the reason for her stress and why her heart is so messed up. Apparently I am the reason she is dying. I don't know what else to say, when your own mom blames you for her death. Now I have to live with that burden, I'm the reason for it all...

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Yeah if you can give a heart disease to your mother, you have superpowers.

I'm very sorry for your mother if she is sick, but unless you poisoned her, I'm pretty confident that everyone here and everywhere, including her own doctor, will agree that you did not cause this.

This is your mother issue and burden if she thinks you are to blame, don't take this on yourself, it's pointless.

Megaten

Thats a really mean thing to say. Sorry to hear that man. Im sure you know thats not true and all, but no one wants to hear that from their parents.

Sacrament

Does she suffer from mental issues? Seems as though she's been through hell in her life and either wants you to feel the same way, or to blame someone for it.

MollyBeGood

That's a totally wrong thing for an parent to say to their child. That being said though, she did just get a bad diagnosis so she is really upset and when people are upset and in her case facing a very dire situation with her health, they say bad things on occasion that they don't mean. Try to forgive her instead if you can. I know that is a big thing to imagine doing but it will help you in the long run. Try to imagine when you said something bad to someone that you didn't mean and how that made you feel. I guarantee she feels awful about saying that to you.

rockchick46

Today my mom found out that she only has at maximum 5 years left to live. This is bad enough, she then tells me that I am the reason for her stress and why her heart is so messed up. Apparently I am the reason she is dying. I don't know what else to say, when your own mom blames you for her death. Now I have to live with that burden, I'm the reason for it all...
Please do not blame yourself, it is not you that is the reason for your mums bad heart. Your mum is not well and she is most likely not thinking start. Please take care of yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Crankor

if she was actually being serious when she said that then she is a complete idiot. She's just passing the blame on to you rather than herself for being horrible at managing herself