Bi-polar?..

LycraPantiies92

I'm wondering if how i feel could maybe be the start of bi-polar..or just anythin else lol, i really am desperate to know why i feel how i do. I won't put up with it much longer, i know when people read this they'll label me, there's nothing i can do about beeing the way i am..feeling the way i do. I don't actually care what any of you think of me..i'm gona be completely honest. and tell me what yh think.

Yh i looked at the wiki article.

Signs and symptoms of .. Bi-poler
the depressive phase of bipolar

disorder include persistent feelings of sadness,
anxiety,
guilt,
- that i wish i wasnt born? that i feel ive no place in this world. yh.

anger, yep. are others that are supposed to undertand yet dont (to me ) seem to.
blocked someoene on the yahoo msnger thingie last night coz i got pissed off at waiting for a reply. out of order 4 me cos i was so upset i wanted 2 speak to that guy there and then, not in 10 mins from then.

isolation, or hopelessness; - yeah that whole i go out alone i come back alone sayin ive made. and its true. i do everything alone. nobody knows i exist reallly..except close people ie ma mum/family.
-that theres no pint as no1 will ever accept me in this society.

disturbances in sleep and appetite; - em, stayin up all night cryin and over eatin?..then yh i do.
sleepin radum times when i can thru the day, takin wee randum naps. :mad:

fatigue and loss of interest in usually enjoyable activities;

nt bein able 2 get up and losin sight of y i'm in college.

problems concentrating; well yh findin it hard 2 sit thru the whole classes in college, i did used 2 have no probs with this
id cope. and work hard, despite bein sa.

loneliness
extereme loneliness. honestly now, having no real life pals, and very few, like 2 onliine that dont even like me probably makes me sure that am compeltely alone, and it is tbh. it's loneliness and it can't be denied that it wud probably make me feel this sad. after a long time of it, and no sight of it improvin..

self-loathing - yeah the whole nobody will ever want me sxhte, which atm i see is kinda mayb not true. but still usually is, was last night defo.

loss of interest in sexual activity;
Lol! aye i don't exacly get any anyhoo. :D
so cnt be disinterested in it..so i don't know

shyness or social anxiety; irritability,
clearly. all the time. worse when ii feel depressd thoughh.
chronic pain (with or without a known cause); nahh.

lack of motivation; and
morbid suicidal ideation.
well wudnt say it was morbid but i was srsly gona do it and needed 2 talk 2 that lad i did talk to else i wuda done it and tried to get someone in real life 2 stop me, and they wud not have. just 2 know sum1 was there 4 me 2 talk 2 even if not genuine. was a help, but if that guy wasn't around who knwo if i cud have tried, i was that sad. ;(

happy-
hmm elevated mood state..;/

increase in energy and a decreased need for sleep. - yeaah. well i go thru needin less and managin on 2-6am and do oki goin out on that. not when ii feel depressed thoughh :rolleyes: ]:

Judgment may become impaired;
- yh, thinkin i'm the queen bee. thinkin i look sooooo mch better than everyone else. thinkin im a pwincess and makin mysel feel like..kidden myself.

sufferers may go on spending sprees or engage in behavior that is quite abnormal for them

yeah i steal ma mums credit card or ask for it but speand way more than i said i would. ie like £50 when i said i needed sumthing 4 college that was like £20. ::(:

Nope don't do substance abuse.

Their behavior may become aggressive, intolerant or intrusive.= well i've shouted, sworn had hissy fits 2 ma mum and even hit people. kicked ma mum once an brused her leg. ;/
coz i felt rli mad and cudnt stop myself. shuda taken the anger out on the door (agen evn thou ive gt holes in it)

People may feel out of control or unstoppable.
..or other grandiose or delusional ideas.

Sexual drive may increase.

yeah. i em..y'knw..like to use fake things that i wish was a person. ;/ and feel pure sexy for like 1 night .. and think i cud get any man in bed wiv me etc. rli silly tbh =[ kiddin myself.

yeah so those are the ones i can agree with. cuda wrote more but i knw i agree..meh. x

BlackKids

I think everyone feels like that and maybe your over analysising things? I thought bi polar was extreme mood swings but IDK.

Maybe go see a doctor but hes properly just gunna tell you what I am. If you eat better, sleep better and exercise It will make all the difference.

Hope your well Maz :)

PennyLane

I thought about bi-polar for myself on a few occasions but in all honesty I don't get the extreme careless/reckless high that is supposed to come after the down.

I'm not always down, it seems to come in phases, but I've realised when I am its more likely to be mild depression and anxiety than bi-polar and whne Im not Im just 'normal'.

Sorry I can't really help, hope you work it out :)

iamthenra

I do know this, that the treatments for bi polar disorder are much different than a treatment for just depression or SA. So it would be good to get diagnosed from a professional first, and then if it is bi polar disorder, then at least you can get help for it. I know of 2 people that I have associated with over the years that had BP and with medicine they are able to live pretty normal stable lives, which wasn't the case with antidepressants...

And.... if you ever need to talk to someone, I am "someone". I may not have all the answers, but I will respond. I promise!

Noca

Banned
You have to experience mania at some point in order to be Bipolar. Also anti-depressants induce mania in Bipolar ppl.

blue-roses

I've been wondering about this myself recently and, yeah, you've got some of the symptoms but a lot of them could also be explained by the anxiety, e.g. the aggression. I get really snappy at my parents and I've thrown small things a couple of times, but those were times when I was just really stressed out. I was diagnosed with GAD the other day (and SA and BDD, but I knew I had them already and didn't need to be told!) I think a lot of the lines are blurred when it comes to things like this. I agree that eating and sleeping well and exercising will make a difference! But if you're really worried, go and see someone. :)

danstelter

Bi-polar has different kinds, with the most extreme kind being known the best. That is Bipolar I and that means that you will have major depressive episodes with at least one manic episode. Mania is where you need much less slight and are incredibly hyper and impulsive and reckless. Manic people might buy cars despite the fact they don't have the money, or sleep with dozesn of people in the course of a couple weeks.

I don't see any talk of mania in your post...just less sleep. You definitely are having some kind of depression going on there, but Bipolar, no, I'm not seeing it.