being single forever sucks

doubleM

im tired of being alone. i want to meet somebody but i have no avenue to get there. i cant stand it anymore. ive had a really hard time with my dating game.
people dont understand how hard it is when you have SA, then you put yourself out there and try to ask a girl out, and they treat you like ****. asking a woman out is like eating glass to me. some people can shrug rejection off casually, but i cant...im not sure why. my guess is that its becuz i am not a casual relationship type of person. when i ask a girl out its usually becuz i really like them and im serious. ive been rejected a lot.

i know there are some good women out there. maybe ive been around the wrong ones, idk. but either way ive got to talk to somebody. i go to school but its really hard to talk to people, walking down the sidewalk, or when they sit 3 rows away from you.
another example: i met a nice girl who was a cashier in a cvs store the other day. she was really attractive. but im not comfortable trying to talk to someone in a store while theyre working. i dont know what to say. i have a friend who is always telling me "go talk to that girl!".
im not a club or bar person so i dont go there. speed dating might be a good option for me but theres none of that around here and ive never done it.

im sorry i cant randomly talk to some girl and walk away with her phone number or date plans. i want to but i cant.

i dont know what to do anymore.

vanfuggle

Maybe you could try working on your SA so that you can get over feeling extremely uncomfortable talking to girls.

How about short term therapy?

Are there things you could do to make yourself so irresistible that a girl asks you out?

...don't hit me with that hammer!

planemo

Well I've come to accept the inevitable that I'm gonna be alone for my entire life. Sometimes it hurts, other times I'm fine with it.

that_girl

yeah I feel that way too. When I go out with my friends, it is only couples around me I'm the only single and it sucks...

sometimes I avoid going out with them because of that...

doubleM

Maybe you could try working on your SA so that you can get over feeling extremely uncomfortable talking to girls.

How about short term therapy?

ive tried. i actually handle myself pretty well. i always practice what im going to say and then make the approach. i think i appear pretty confident. they just give me this run around. i just be myself even though all of this is torture.
they dont like me and i dont understand why. im tall, nice looking, muscular, very athletic, have a strong deep voice, im polite, and i try to find some common ground to talk about. soon as i open my mouth its like that ends it. sometimes i think maybe they get scared, or maybe im too much..... but i would be only flattering myself in making such an assumption.

yumesa

Aww, don't worry I'm sure you will find someone. Perhaps you could change the way you ask women out? Just make it casual and perhaps just be friends first or something. I don't know about everyone else, but for me I rather know the guy for awhile than someone I just met. I mean they could rob or rape me, but that's just how I feel.

DanFC

ive tried. i actually handle myself pretty well. i always practice what im going to say and then make the approach. i think i appear pretty confident. they just give me this run around. i just be myself even though all of this is torture.
they dont like me and i dont understand why. im tall, nice looking, muscular, very athletic, have a strong deep voice, im polite, and i try to find some common ground to talk about. soon as i open my mouth its like that ends it. sometimes i think maybe they get scared, or maybe im too much..... but i would be only flattering myself in making such an assumption.

Lol, if someone like you is stuck being single, how about someone who's short, ugly, and coarse?

Anyways, yeah, I'm trying to learn to accept my fate.

im tall, nice looking, muscular, very athletic, have a strong deep voice, im polite, and i try to find some common ground to talk about. soon as i open my mouth its like that ends it. sometimes i think maybe they get scared, or maybe im too much..... but i would be only flattering myself in making such an assumption.

I guess there's no hope for me then lol. I'm just tired of being alone. Not even one friend, really.

doubleM

Lol, if someone like you is stuck being single, how about someone who's short, ugly, and coarse?

Anyways, yeah, I'm trying to learn to accept my fate.

my point is its me they dont like, my personality i think. ive been rejected in favor of someone way less attractive than me who talked disrespectful to women, was way less intelligent.
i guess being nice looking, intelligent, and polite is not attractive anymore. you have to be a total scumbag and say dirty stuff to them. i cant do that it isnt me.

doubleM

when you said you are "single forever" I doubt you are destined to have nobody for the rest of your life. There is always someone out there for everybody.

ive been told this many times. if there is, it would have to be a rare person, a minority. cuz apparently "normal" girls dont understand me.

It's assertiveness that gets respected and confidence... It's just that acting like a scumbag can sometimes project the illusion of assertiveness... Anyway, as I get older... being single is...

DanFC

when you said you are "single forever" I doubt you are destined to have nobody for the rest of your life. There is always someone out there for everybody.

Where did you pull this all-amazing knowledge that there's someone out there for everybody? If you meant it as motivation/consolation rather than a well-meaning statistic, not everyone likes to live in delusion :-/

doubleM

have you ever heard of the saying "nice guys finish last" ? lol I am sure you have. *******s always get respected first, so it seems.

of course. ive known this for a long time. its become clear that being nice doesnt work. so im left with thoughts on having to change my game up...maybe say a few dirty things here and there, sexually harass, irritate, and put down women. think maybe that will get me somewhere.

if i talked to the girl in the store i met, i can already picture how the whole thing will play out just being myself. its pointless to even try. but if i acted a little like a jerk, a little cocky, that might get me somewhere maybe...?

arsenalwa

^ You know I've always thought though, that if that's really what the girls like, then... well, let's just say their minds work in a really weird way... ::p: