Being forced to find work or else

cobalt_bluester

Hi

Sorry to hear of your situation. I know what you mean about warehouse and factory jobs-believe me I've had a lot of those jobs in my teenage years and they suck. How about doing a night shift at a supermarket or something, try finding a job that involves less contact with lots of people.

good luck with it all

hi, thanks for your input. these are good job ideas but unfortunately getting hold of any job at the moment in the uk is very difficult indeed as the economy is up the creek. Because I need a job very soon, it is very unlikely that I would be able to find this sort of work.

Remus

Staff member
I wouldn't know how to contact the council and what help is available. It's not like I could just ring them up and say that I have a mental health issue and ask them what help is available for me. I am not that confident and would worry about who I was talking to and what their reaction would be. It would be well and truly outside of my comfort zone doing this that's for sure.

I emailed my council, then they sent documents for me to fill in. All councils have websites.

Do you have a psych nurse? they can often help out

unfortunatly what ever option is available look like you having to talk to someone, I dread this myself as I have to go to appointments to see the jobcenter adviser (though work is not compulsary)

Last edited:

FOR REAL

Banned
i had to go to a tribunal also, and i agree about CAB. a member from the CAB attended the tribunal with me so they knew i was serious.
they also helped me fill in forms, its all about the wording on the forms and they CAB were fantastic with me.
also if you lose the tribunal, just apppeal again and again, eventually they will give up and you will get what you fully deserve.
good luck

cobalt_bluester

i am so depressed and frustrated with my life now that I could quite easily hang up the towel. i can't even get a poxy cleaning job and I have a HND and BTEC.

cobalt_bluester

I emailed my council, then they sent documents for me to fill in. All councils have websites.

Do you have a psych nurse? they can often help out

unfortunatly what ever option is available look like you having to talk to someone, I dread this myself as I have to go to appointments to see the jobcenter adviser (though work is not compulsary)

i do have a psych nurse but really don't rate them and think they are a pen pusher. i am not getting the support I would like (or need) it is so frustrating!! :mad:

Cynic

will probably end up working in a pikey factory with a load of bullies and this will obviously make things much worse for me health wise. Believe me, I've worked alongside some real morons before it seems like factories and warehouse breed this type of moron.
Don't they just, though most workplaces are bad for bullies and cliques. It seems to be the norm almost everywhere there are groups.

cobalt_bluester

Don't they just, though most workplaces are bad for bullies and cliques. It seems to be the norm almost everywhere there are groups.

hi cynic. this is my biggest worry and obstacle (as well as my depression) to finding work.

I am going to some employment agencies this morning as I have to. I am completely dreading it and know I will have to psyche myself up for this. I think I am just too self conscious to perform 'normally'.

LycraPantiies92

****in right :mad:
And i'll always not fit in. Haa i'll always be in the left out group.

Mind in school right, 1 or 2 people in the class are loners, they stick together, then there was me. Didn't even fit in among other loners. How fcking sad.
:rolleyes: :mad:

Will be the same thru work. Don't even care now.

SnowWolf

The government cutting off my payment is one of my biggest fears so I can empathise, it would turn my whole world upside down. The first time I applied for the disability payment I had just started attending a new clinic for therapy, and they rejected me because it was unknown whether that new treatment would magically cure me, when I knew it wouldn't.

I talked about it with my doctor a couple months later and he was very supportive and helped me reapply and that time I got on it, sadly it'll be reviewed in a year which I worry about even now. The interviews are horrible because I'm so bad at explaining my situation.

Good luck with your appeals, perhaps your doctor could write a letter for you? It's also worth finding out more about the whole process, for example here (in Australia) they have very specific rules, something along the lines of:

the condition has to be diagnosed, treated and stabalised,
gets a certain amount of points on an impairment chart,
and is not likely to improve for the next 2 years.

But I don't know if the disability payment here is even comparable to the one they denied you. Also one of the few jobs I've had was at Domino's, I just applied on their site and got a job a week later. I couldn't handle the stress of manning phones and the manager was a wanker, but it was very easy to get.