been to a movie theater alone?

Jodie-Tyler

i want to go to the movies alone, but almost everyone i no goes to movies with lots of friends.
and if they see me on my own, A- they'll laugh B-ask y C- pity me
and then ill b seen as more of a weirdo cz im always on my own.
but i h8 ppl hu cant go to the mall on the own.
its jst the ppl i no, rnt so open minded, so if they see me on my own, i wont hear the end of it!

mimi1988

I've never gone to the movies alone. For that very same reason. It's not so bad when you're older and you're going to the movies by yourself. But when you're a teenager (or a young adult), you kinda come off as being... lonely? But then again, that is just my opinion. I guess you just have to say F it! And stop worrying about what others think. (If only I could learn to apply this to myself, lol).

Josh90

Theres nothing wrong with it, I went to see Star Trek on my own, it was no better or worse than going with other people.

market.garden

I went to see Looking For Eric on Friday as I had a couple of hours to spare.
I sat down and realized it just myself and one other person in the cinema - maybe another social phobic!?

Anyway, great film made even better by the fact that I was on my own. I love solo cinema!

shygirl14

I've been to the movies alone. I try to sit near the end of an aisle. It's not so bad when its dark, when you leave is the hardest.

lyricalliaisons

I've never been to the movies alone. Up until January, I hadn't went much, period. When I do go, I always go with my mom. She's actually been a bit too sick to go lately, so I end up missing a lot of movies I want to see. I've considered going by myself but, partially, I'm kind-of embarrassed to, & partially, I don't think I'd enjoy it as much. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who likes to point out things that are happening in a movie & if I'm alone, I won't be able to which might take some of the joy out of it. But I still might try it someday. I have no life & nothing to do & for the brief period of time when we went to the movies, it gave me something to look forward to.

PhantomPod

I've gone by myself before. I was pretty anxious about it and definitely felt like everyone was looking at me and wondering why I was by myself. Once the movie got started it wasn't that bad though and I chilled out and just enjoyed the movie.

If you got into the theater a little late, so that it is already dark in there and the previews have already started, it isn't too bad, cause it feels like people can't see you well.

Richey

the important thing to remember here is....
"who gives a flying horse what anybody else thinks"

at least you are happy that you are out and about watching a film at the cinema rather then basing your decision on whether a friend may say yes or no, you still went anyway ....

people travel around the world alone and go about their business, so feeling like a loser because you went alone is simply you feeling paranoid and judging the experience in a twisted sense. you can feel out of place and weird amongst a group of people as well at a cinema, its how content you are with yourself that matters whether you're alone or with other people

Illusions

I've watched movies alone before (aisle seat), it's not that bad. You just have to not worry so much about what people will think of you.

atvsamala

Before, I used to get scared of watching in a movie theater because there would be some stranger who would sit beside me. But then, I realized that it doesn't matter that I go stag to a movie theater. What matters is that I would enjoy the film that I would be watching. Besides, it's kind of interesting to look at what other people near me are doing.

In your case, just concentrate on the movie rather than the uncomfortable feeling that you have. Focus on your objective, which is to have a good time watching that film. If you are still not comfortable with it, then, buy or rent a video and watch it at home.

oxygencult

I've never been to a movie theater alone. It's always with a group of friends. Besides, I'm really not much a movie-goer. I love movies, but most of the movies that I love watching are not the type of movies any of my friends would prefer or enjoy. If I can't find someone to watch it with me, I'll just watch it at home by downloading the movie.

I've seen people who've went to see movies alone. It's still something I want to experience though, watching a movie alone. I'd have to ease myself of the initial awkwardness of buying a ticket by myself and sitting beside strangers..

Bemzy

If I go alone to see a movie and I see some people that i know, I just say to them that I'm a movie critic :)

And when you think about it...who even cares if you're alone at the cinema. I don't think that complete strangers care about this.

HH

I saw district 9 by myself at the cinema, it felt a bit weird at first-thankfully the place was empty

It's all I do... for the past several years, I've been to the movies alone. It bothered me before, causing me to feel more pathetic, but now I just focus on the film.

U

userremoved

I always go to the movies alone, I didn't realize that this was considered inappropriate.

sullyS1985

It really isnt that bad. A little anxiety provoking at first but the movie starts and no one notices you are there alone