Beauty (or more like the lack of it ) and jealousy /anger

Amitush123

Good afternoon everyone,

I wonderif any of you have tips about how to accept one's anger for being ugly / jealousy at other people's beauty...everytime I look in the mirror I become angry and bitter for not being pretty like other people, and it is really getting me down...I feel like there is no way I am even going to try and talk to someone that is pretty..
help anyone?

coyote

anger, jealousy, and bitterness are ugly

people respond more to those qualities than they do to your physical appearance

letting go of those feelings will improve the way others see you

Amitush123

Well I am 24 years old and still very angry..sometimes I even blame god for giving me such and ugly face and fat body, even though I barely call myself a believer...
I know that what's inside is far more important than the outside..but for once I would like that girls would look at me twice..just for once.

@SincerelyChaos - saw your picture, you are stunning! I hope you got over it by now

@coyote - I hope I will manage to do just that..thank you :)

laure15

I also think I'm not pretty and I have trouble talking/interacting with beautiful people of both genders. I feel like they're on a whole another level. I feel so awkward around these people, and people can see right through. So, I tend to interact more with geeks, people who aren't so attractive; they make me feel like I fit in.

Flanscho

It's difficult I think, and sometimes it hurts.

I have long hair, but sooner or later I will lose it. All men in my family got bald sooner or later. I'm lucky that it just got a bit thinner, and I'm in my early 30s, other people get balder much more quickly.

Still, it hurts. When I hear friends talk about to braid their hair this way or that, or color it, or cut it for a change. And I know: if I do anything like that, it will just fall out more quickly. And sooner or later I'll have to cut it all off. And when I hear friends say things like "I don't mind my hair turning grey, as long as I can keep it"... That just hurts. ::(:

Amitush123

It's difficult I think, and sometimes it hurts.

I have long hair, but sooner or later I will lose it. All men in my family got bald sooner or later. I'm lucky that it just got a bit thinner, and I'm in my early 30s, other people get balder much more quickly.

Still, it hurts. When I hear friends talk about to braid their hair this way or that, or color it, or cut it for a change. And I know: if I do anything like that, it will just fall out more quickly. And sooner or later I'll have to cut it all off. And when I hear friends say things like "I don't mind my hair turning grey, as long as I can keep it"... That just hurts. ::(:

Have you ever tried to test how do you look with short hair? you might be surprised

MikeyC

anger, jealousy, and bitterness are ugly

people respond more to those qualities than they do to your physical appearance

letting go of those feelings will improve the way others see you
Yep.

I know that what's inside is far more important than the outside..but for once I would like that girls would look at me twice..just for once.
I'm not a model but I have had many girls interested in me.

Not all girls are interested in ripped, buffed men, either. Just hang in there.

FriendlyShadow

To be honest,(and not be offending anyone or their appearances) but I don't believe in any attractive words used to describe people. I think I am that way because I stopped judging on everyone's appearance and had eventually stopped calling them cute or alluring names. That is not to say I think anyone is ugly either because there is no such thing. I tend to think now that everyone, including me, is just US. I would also like to add that I do get a bit irritated when people call me pretty or cute I'm none of those things other than being myself. We are just people, no more than people to live on this earth and to leave it. So please do not try to change for anyone, because regret will come to you.

Last edited: