Asthma meds?

Noca

Banned
Lately I've been having trouble breathing at certain times. I don't think its a panic attack and I have been diagnosed with asthma when I was younger. But until like a month ago, I haven't really needed asthma meds since I was 12 (I'm 23 now). My doctor gave me Pulmicort and some other rescue inhaler(forget the name of it).

I don't know why my asthma has suddenly got worse and my doctor doesn't seem to care. I do live in the asthma capital of the world though so maybe the pollution just got worse, iunno. :rolleyes:

Anyone have asthma? What meds do you use for them? Do they help? What side effects do you experience with them?

Kustamogen

Banned
I take ventolin once in awhile (a rescue inhaler)....it can kinda make your heart race a bit and make yah feel a bit funny....but nothing too severe

Remus

Staff member
I had Ventolin inhalers for years, they never really worked well so I got a second opinion. Following the advice, I got rid of my carpets, bought new anti allergy bedding, found that helped me and my son greatly and we no longer needed our inhalers around the house. I only really need it venturing out now.

Have they done the allergy test on your arm to see what allergies you have?

Generical

Haven't used anything other than ventolin since i was a kid, still works a treat. Have you been ill or anything? Coughs can trigger it etc. Or from any new meds that you're on? Although the only one i know of that can be problematic with asthma is propranolol...doubt it's the only one though.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I take ventolin, I don't remember if it has any side effects... I think it makes you feel weird if you use it too much

Noca

Banned
My inhalers seem to make me feel dizzy and cause vertigo. I've decided not to use my daily inhaler and just use my rescue inhaler whenever i need it. I need to be able to drive and I can't drive while im dizzy!