Asking someone on a date

chris11

Hey. I'm 22, and I've never dated anyone before. I want to ask this person on a date, but I have no idea how to do this. Any advice?

kelskellian

I need advice too on this....in the past I could prewrite on little pieces with my name and phone number lol,so if I seen a girl I like,I would just be like call me sometime lol...asking ppl out is hard,I'm scred of rejection and really really shy

Dating is overrated. Instead ask to hang out. Dating you will both be tempted to overplay yourselves. It shouldn't be like that as that's not really you or them.

Don't date, have fun.

chris11

Yeah, I should get to know her better than I do now. It's just that, obviously, I get really nervous sometimes and she's clearly aware of that. For one reason or anouther, she knows that I've had to deal with an anxiety disorder, but I don't think that she knows how bad it was, and how bad it still is (sometimes). Dating would be exceptionally difficult for me, and I shouldn't really attempt it. I honestly don't even think that I could maintain such a relationship. I'ed just **** it up right away. Plus, a good frienshiip is better than a poor romantic relationship (I suspect). I don't know. People are confusing.

Samsapple

Don't doubt yourself. The worst thing you can do is over think the situation. Sooner or later you're going to have to start opening up to women. Relationships (especially the bad ones) are like mirrors. You learn a lot about yourself. And even IF the "date" goes bad, at least you'll have a new experience to ponder about. I once had a guy ask me out by handing me an origami flower, in the inside was some cheese ball quote and his number. The date went badly but I still smile at his creativity. Good luck!