Are you unusually skilled/talented?

Mokkat

Im pretty sure Im a skilled bassplayer. Pretty much self-taught.

Except for my when Im playing with my two bandmates, I rarely get to show off how good I am, because anything I do counts as "showing off" badly in my mind. On rare occasions, after drinking heavily mostly, I do end up impressing a couple of people with a guitar fx. but even then it eventually strikes me as being terribly immodest

Last edited:

TommyB

Im pretty sure Im a skilled bassplayer. Pretty much self-taught.

Except for my when Im playing with my two bandmates, I rarely get to show off how good I am, because anything I do counts as "showing off" badly in my mind. On rare occasions, after drinking heavily mostly, I do end up impressing a couple of people with a guitar fx. but even then it eventually strikes me as being terribly immodest

Ahh yes the life of a bass player.The drummer is expected to simply keep the beat...and the bassist to follow the drummer.I remember Metallica being interviewed a while back.They were asked what they might do different on their upcoming album,and if there was anything they would change about their last album and they said..."alot less bass!!"

Poor Jason has to follow Cliff Burton,and not be heard??...pffft .He ended up splitting

what kinda stuff does your trio play?

jazz bassists are expected to show off...maybe you could find a side project like that?

Mokkat

Ahh yes the life of a bass player.The drummer is expected to simply keep the beat...and the bassist to follow the drummer.I remember Metallica being interviewed a while back.They were asked what they might do different on their upcoming album,and if there was anything they would change about their last album and they said..."alot less bass!!"

Poor Jason has to follow Cliff Burton,and not be heard??...pffft .He ended up splitting

what kinda stuff does your trio play?

jazz bassists are expected to show off...maybe you could find a side project like that?

haha, yeah that's sadly a general trend in rockbands I guess :)

My band is a little weird - I am mostly into funk as well as rock, soul, jazz, that sorta thing. The guitarist is more into acid rock and dissonant indie stuff. The drummer is not actually a drummer, but a good musician.
We usually jam and create songs from bits n pieces that sounded good, so I cant really say what genre. Luckily there is no defined role to be stuck in in this band :)

MaliceInWickedland

I wouldn't call myself an expert or anything but I've been writing stories and poetry since early childhood and have been told by many people that I have a gift when it comes to writing. I'm very close to getting a favorite poem of mine published on inkpop.com and I think that's quite an accomplishment considering how many other poems are being featured on the site.

To me it's both the time I dedicate to doing it but it also seems to come to me very naturally. Either way it's just a hobby I hope I can make a living off of in the near future.

Srijita52

WOW!There're really many talanted people in here.In my case I'd say my SA has made me unusually talanted in hiding from others!hehe...

R3K

i'm really, really good at dribbling and moving with the "ball" in almost every sport that allows it... and i think it's because of my social phobia, cause when i get the ball in soccer or basketball, for example, i basically panic and divert all my energy into not losing it cause that would make me look like i suck. consequently i end up becoming a very skilled ball-hog. if i'm lucky a teammate opens up and i'm able to pass it, but i generally suck at the actual scoring part.

i'm a pretty good defender too, cause every move or trick an oponent has is nothing i haven't already concieved and tried millions of times :mad:.