Are you obsessed with dress/clothing when going out?

Zarrix

Of course it depends what it actually is, but I like to look casual when I go to the shops, sometimes my mum nags me to wear these clothes which make me look as if I tried too hard to dress for the occasion, and if I look like a tool, thats a negative for me. Just a shirt and 3/4 shorts/ jeans plz. I don't like the shirt to have any slogan or a band/game/movie name on it, it gives others an insight.

I care, but not in the way you most expect :x

Richey

thing is.. even casual dress these days is to look like you've spent 2-3 hours in the bathroom ...some people have hair that sits perfectly, can dress up in hip clothes and look great, others have a harder time of it ...

young people these days, you go out and see girls wearing tight pants and ugg boots or expensive shoes with a striped top and a scarf and hair that looks like its been crafted straight out of a cleo magazine, guys are dying their hair more and more and sylizing ...

that its almost odd stepping outside and looking ordinary these days with a normal t-shirt and jeans, at lease where i live anyway ....

I dont know, i always have people commenting that my hair is too messy and doesnt look right that its off putting, if i comb it and put gel in it i dont like the look of it and if i leave it short i'm not happy with it, yet my sister and cousins will tell me it suits more then my current look, its a brain masher, that's for sure. ...

I just wear the indie punk look, converse shoes, semi tight jeans, belt, hip t-shirt, hoodie top, clothes you can throw on in zero time and walk outside ..

i felt much better once i'd looked for shoes and jeans i found suited me, it can take time but i feel better in certain clothes ...

its funny going through phases, i remember the mid 90's baggy cargo pants and jeans were hip, now its normal/tighter jeans that are more common then normal ..

Ive found that if your looking for a formal look, a white shirt with a half dangling red tye, jeans and converse is borderline but enough to pass the test ...but i rarely do it, i just dont like the tuxido look at all, not to mention its uncomfortable wearing one ..

Richey

All i know is that the early 90's circa 90/91/92/93 had the coolest fashion with the checkered shirt, vest and black jeans and people would wear a beret hat, girls had this certain mystique style....fashion wasn't in your face like it is these days but it had an element of slickness that i liked.

examples

mazzy star video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k7QfyB55RU

^^drastic generalisation of those years, but seemed to be common in what people would wear aside from your typical shirt and jeans look ..

what the hell am i rambling on about, lol.
i'm off to bed..

Aquulei

To Zarrix...

Out of curiosity, does your lack of wanting your clothing to have any type of movie, band, logo etc. on it spill over to other parts of your life?

Reason I ask is I am that way. I REFUSE to put any kind of ANYTHING on my vehicle or outside my apartment to let the general public know of the things I like.
For instance, I am a huge soccer fan. I have been given numerous times a small golfball sized soccerball in a net to hang from the mirror in my car. I have never used any of them. I am not sure why, I assume it is because I do not want someone who does not like soccer to think, "Oh, look at that pussy, he is a soccer fan" Or anything of the like.

Kinda dumb huh? I have always been like that though. The less people know about me the better.

coriander1992

I wear absoloute crap! :lol:

I mostly just wear jogging trousers with some random hoodie.
I prefer to wear my horse riding clothes, atleast then I can't be made fun of for not wearing the latest fashions! :roll:

LaLaLa

I don't really care what I wear but then I get very self conscious about it when I'm outside and worry about what people think of how I dress. It's not that I want to impress them, but I do think my clothes are kind of embarassing compared to what people my age wear nowadays, my mum tells me about how crappy I dress... still, I always think I wouldn't be able to pull off wearing anything fasionable or pretty. I feel more comfortable in my crappy clothes anyway. :?

princess_haru

I wear mostly black and deep reds and purples. I'm not interested in modern fashion and love vintage clothes and unusual combinations like delicate dresses with army boots. I'm not afraid to dress differently, despite the fact that I dislike being the centre of attention. At least if people are looking at me I can blame it on them noticing my clothes rather than feeling like they're staring at me because I'm just "weird", lol :wink:

Zarrix said:
I don't like the shirt to have any slogan or a band/game/movie name on it, it gives others an insight.

I don't wear brand names, but only because I refuse to pay a company to be a walking billboard for them :p I hate how obsessed some people are with names... £200 for a pair of sunglasses because they have Dior on them, £120 for Adidas trainers, £4000 for a Versace dress etc etc... seems like most people believe a new identity can be purchased with a credit card whenever you've worn out the old one.

slicenrice

i am so self conscious about what i wear. i always try and look pretty trendy, by wearing polos, nice shorts, nice shoes, etc. i also focus a lot on my hygiene, and i try to look my best as often as i can. i know it doesn't matter that much, but i just do it anyways. i also run a lot so i keep in my best shape and go to the gym and work out so i look good.

Zarrix

I just put shorts and a t-shirt on, looks good enough for me IMO. Actually hurts more if you tried tbh.

Generical

I kinda am but i don't have many clothes so end up repeating stuff, I doubt anyone notices anyway. You would usually see me in skate shoes, jeans and a coat or long sleeve t.

heheh I kinda like being coordinated and im often doing things like putting the bottom of my jeans back over the tongue of my shoe.......and trying to perfect the the length of under t shirt sleeve poking out beneath the top one on both sides (when wearing two t's).

lol.... :roll:

ghost_train

I've just realised- yes I am: completely obsessed. I sometimes will plan on going to town or, like today, the LIBRARY, and just cannot find the right clothes. And if I can't find the right clothes, I just can't leave my house. seriously. And it's annoying today, because the weather is beautiful, so at least the walk down to the library would be really nice.

no no, I'm gonna do it, there's no way I'm going to have stayed in all day trying on clothes to go to the library. I swear I'm at least partially agrophobic. shitting shit it.