Are you a night owl?

saen

Do you tend to stay up very late (as late as you can)?

If given the chance, I’ll voluntarily stay up until 4 am. I tend to enjoy the night, or dark, more than the day. Those six-seven hours of quiet ‘me’ time keeps me sane.

As a sufferer of SA, do enjoy the night?

saen

Exact same.

But I'm trying to stop because I think it makes my SA worse somehow.

Yeah, for me it's almost a ritual. It's 1am right now in South Africa, and I know I've got to wake up at 6, but I have no intent to sleep. I don't suffer from insomnia or anything, it's just a personal habit I guess.

Xavier91

yes,
im trying to stop though.
just when its sunny and bright and everyone is happy, im moping in my dark corner.

sleepy time

No. I usually get up at some time from 6-8 am. I don't like the feeling of getting up late, it feels gross. If I ever woke up at 4 pm I would feel absolutely disgusting. I don't see how liking the "night" applies for some people who stay on the computer and stuff all night, because all they're doing is looking at their computer? I don't really understand it.

rand0m_guy

Since I stopped working mid-November I've basically become nocturnal and it's not good. Especially since it's getting dark at 5pm here. I'm trying to correct it now. (He says when it's 2am :D).

Lack of daylight has a huge effect on peoples brains. I know for a fact that I feel a lot more positive in the summer when I have a healthy sleeping pattern.

The trouble with unhealthy sleeping patterns is that they're easy to get into, and very hard to get out of - especially if you don't have to be up for anything.

marciaX3

i like the nighttime b/c there's no else awake really except me and maybe my bf. if i have to leave the apt to get the mail or do laundry, i prefer to do it in the middle of the nite when everyone else in the building is sleeping.

i guess a huge part of my night-time ness is the fact that i've had insomnia/sleeping problems for over a year and i'm just very much a vamp and don't like the daytime.

thor01

Yep exact same for me, i seem to stay up ages through the night, just on the computer and stuff. I guess one reason i do is because everyone else has gone to bed, and its a chance to have time to myself, and also its become habbit, Its not too good though when i have to get up early, however i still end up doing it. Maybe i should try to go earlier sometimes.

sabbath9

Banned
can't be a night owl when u have to be at work at 7am

Somewhere a clock strikes midnight
And there's a full moon in the sky
You hear a dog bark in the distance
You hear someone's baby cry

A rat runs down the alley
And a chill runs down your spine
Someone walks across your grave
And you wish the sun would shine
No one's gonna warn you
And no one's gonna yell 'attack'
And you don't feel the steel
Till it's hanging out your back

Chorus:
I'm your night prowler, asleep in the day
I'm your night prowler, get out of my way
Look out for the night prowler, watch you tonight
I'm the night prowler, when you turn out the light ...

Too scared to turn your light out
'cos there's something on your mind
Was that a noise outside your window?
What's that shadow on the blind?
As you lie there naked
Like a body in a tomb
Suspended animation
As I slip into your room

Chorus

Solo

Chorus

I'm your night prowler, break down your door
I'm your night prowler, crawling 'cross your floor
I'm your night prowler, make a mess of you, yes I will
Night prowler, and I am telling this to you
There ain't nothing you can do
(shazbot nunu nunu)

saen

can't be a night owl when u have to be at work at 7am
Lol at the employed:D. But seriously, I think getting a job (hopefully) would force me into a more structured routine. Just got to finish school first, then attempt to go out into the world::(:.

Sad-Kitten

Yep i am, i tend to stay up through the night. I try to get my time straightened out but always end up staying up late.

Havocan

Only when I don't have school or have a day off. Then I usually stay up to 2-3 AM simply because I'm procrastinating a lot.

Yep, if I'm on holidays from college I go to bed around 4 or 5 or 6 in the morning, when I do have college I go to bed around 2 i think.
My brother's even more of a night owl though so it doesn't feel like I stay up really late compared to him!

mrb

noooooooooo this ninny goes to bed at 11 at night , well sometimes 12 at the latest cos i work lol

dottie

yes i love staying up all night. everyone else is away and i am not expected to be anywhere or deal with people. i feel best physically and mentally during the night.

Weirdo

My sleep pattern is normal unless it's holiday. Then it changes to bedtime at 4 AM and sleep till 1-3 PM