Are there more males or females here?

I am...

• Total voters

Helyna

I reckon it's pretty equal really, but obviously you probably won't get an accurate representation from the poll...lots of people just lurk rather than post etc.

HEY! LURKERS! THE POLL IS ANONYMOUS!!! :D

PhantomPod

I'm female. I've always thought that the male to female ratio here seemed pretty even, for the most part.

Helyna

Much as I know the poll isn't a good indicator, it has been showing about the same ratio for a while. A little over 60% male, a little under 40% female. I'd say that's about what I'd guess.

Helyna

Believe it or not, this just occurred to me. It's more socially acceptable for females to be shy than males. So social anxiety would be easier to deal with for women than men, and women would have more support. And so not as many women need to come to a site like this.
I hope that made sense. It seemed like a huge revelation when I realized it.

According to wikipedia, which in turn cites the national institute of mental health, "Social anxiety disorder occurs in females nearly twice as often as males, although men are more likely to seek help." I don't know how in the world they count the people who don't seek help, though, so I suspect they make up random numbers.

spaz said:
No SA affects males and females equally according to the DSM.

Got a link?

Kien said:
Boys use computers more. :?

Actually, sources say there are more women online than men. 68% of men and 66% of women, but "Though the percentage of male Internet users is consistently higher, the actual number of women online is higher because there are more women than men in the U.S."

mrb

im a boy at mo but im thinking about having a sex change :) i havent really made my mind up yet :confused: im still thinking about it ... so boy at mo .... maybe ill change my vote to female later :)

dean01

i be male, but i was wondering if any other males sometimes feel like they have the emotions of a girl?

Uber Schnitzel

I think it's a fairly even mix around here. It's good to get a female perspective on things and to know that we all go through the same things

Lonestar473

i be male, but i was wondering if any other males sometimes feel like they have the emotions of a girl?

Possibly... :rolleyes:

...at times. ::p:

*Grumble* NOT TO MENTION!..... that on the phone...
Stupid f@#%^&*! Telemarketers always call me MAM! :mad:

Last time I checked... I had a.. uh... well you know - thing that pokes. :eek:

Rembrandt Broam

im a boy at mo but im thinking about having a sex change :) i havent really made my mind up yet :confused: im still thinking about it ... so boy at mo .... maybe ill change my vote to female later :)

Maybe you could just change either the top or bottom half. You know, keep your options open. ;)

Tiercel

I'm a male, and if you have to believe the poll we we are clearly winning.::p:

Dude, we've been winning for millennia. But women are slowly changing that, and I guess we should be afraid for our more masculine parts. :eek:

;)