Are There Any Athiests On This Site?

Saraesa

I was raised protestant but abandoned the Christian measure of value at the age of 12. Probably the best thing I’ve done so far.

FOR REAL

Banned
religion is it! its been on the go for millions of years! and what bloody yous is it!!
its aw pish!
see the bible! its aw pish anaw!
im trying to put this in an offencive way here!
my mum had sex with my dad, and then i was born
if there is a god or jesus, why does it not strike me down right now!!
"hey god, your an arse"

FOR REAL

Banned
religion is it! its been on the go for millions of years! and what bloody yous is it!!
its aw pish!
see the bible! its aw pish anaw!
im trying to put this in an offencive way here!
my mum had sex with my dad, and then i was born
if there is a god or jesus, why does it not strike me down right now!!
"hey god, your an arse"

unoffensive i meant

Nack

Banned
When i saw the universe, the severe condition of African, LIFE! I question if gods do exist, I have concluded that, no. No GOD would let their creation suffer like this.

Tiercel

I never understood how the true God or Gods never seem to have the same story. If there was a god or gods, I'd imagine that people all around the world would at least agree on if there was one or more.

I think it all goes back to when Man was little more than an animal. He couldn't explain things like lightning, birth and death, and the changing of the seasons. He probably figured that if he could do some things, there must be someone very powerful who could do things he could not.

I like being a simple Atheist – not Agnostic or Theist added to the end. To me, it feels like you are adding a clause to a life contract. (‘I’m an Atheist, 'BUT', I will gladly believe in God and Heaven if I am proved wrong.’) God cannot hold that against you because you were open to the idea of him, even if you wanted to class yourself as an Atheist as well. It’s a way to appear intelligent, because you believe you’re on both sides of the argument.

zlench

I'm Atheist just will not ever believe in the whole existence of God that earth was created in 7 days when I it's down to evolution. The thought of when you die you go to a better place is just utter rubbish because when your gone you just go. Also religon has destroyed more lives than what then they claim to save more lives.

Last edited:

Generical

It's pretty interesting getting your head round why these books were created if it is all just fiction, the fact that there's countless relics...quite possibly just been made up, "yeh, check this sheet it has blood on it..right where the wrists and ankles would be - let's call it, Shroud of Turin?". Maybe with enough people believing, their faith just created a huge lie? Or has it just been misinterpreted as early science (sort-of science - i mean a theory of how everything was created) or even government, telling you how to live. Why would something that never happened have such a huge impact still today? That's quite a feat but the problem is there are so many adaptations from translations of the same thing that people are gonna think ours is right and theirs isn't...lets kill them or convert them. Blind faith is dangerous, why would god put these things into place so people would fight over him?

So yeh i'm not ruling out that nothing happened back then but there doesn't seem to be any religion or theory (translation/opinion) that fits...and now science has come along way, along with social trends (it's now accepted and even encouraged to not be religious) because every one else is doing it....or it's just because evolution is pretty damn dandy lol.

Hmmm just felt like brainstorming..innit.