Are There Any Athiests On This Site?

I_Walk_Alone

Dont think i've come across one yet.

Spose thats mainly because most people on here are American ;)

Or is there a link between religiosity and social anxiety? Particularly in a very religious country, you would think?

klytus

No, they don't. Neither do I. I am either unwilling to be social, or avoidant, or both, but irrespective of what I 'have', I am a social outcast and entirely isolated. Actually, my entire family is more or less unsocial, except my grandfather who was -very- outgoing. My mother usually is outgoing, too, but prefers isolation, unless it makes sense to go out and talk to someone - that is, if there is someone who she wants to talk to. That is a trait I share.

Ashiene

I am Atheist because if you've read all my posts, you'll know that I view religion as a by-product of collective society, and that I hate society for its manipulation of the public.

I’ve been a atheist since when I was a small child. Ever since my grandmother told me, animals do not go to heaven. I had to question that one. I hate the fact that I was christened as well. LOL

You can label as an atheist whether you define it as a lack of belief in all gods or the belief in the non-existence of a god. However, I prefer to label myself as a Secular Humanist and a Materialist simply because I want people to know what I believe in.

Dont think i've come across one yet.

Every poll I've seen on any SA website, there's about 50% non-religious. There appears to be a strong correlation between SA and lack of religion.

Anyhow, I've been an atheist since birth.

However, I prefer to label myself as a Secular Humanist and a Materialist simply because I want people to know what I believe in.

If you label yourself a materialist, people will think you love hoarding money and buying fancy cars and will stop at no ethical boundaries to increase your wealth. (Or if they have more of a philosophy background like me, they'll point out that materialism was discredited and succeeded by physicalism [though I'm not a physicalist either, I'm a neutral monist]. Physics isn't materialist these days.)

Last edited:
If you label yourself a materialist, people will think you love hoarding money and buying fancy cars and will stop at no ethical boundaries to increase your wealth. (Or if they have more of a philosophy background like me, they'll point out that materialism was discredited and succeeded by physicalism [though I'm not a physicalist either, I'm a neutral monist]. Physics isn't materialist these days.)

That's ok, I'll just clarify to them what I mean which is basically that only material reality exist. ;)

Beyondshy

I'm agnostic

I don't like to pretend I know whether there is a God or not because really we have no way of knowing

I admit I don't know whether a god/gods exist but that doesn't stop me being an atheist. I'm just an agnostic atheist. Would you be annoyed if I called you an atheist?

I admit I don't know whether a god/gods exist but that doesn't stop me being an atheist. I'm just an agnostic atheist. Would you be annoyed if I called you an atheist?

I'm not gonna lie I would be annoyed if you called me an atheist, because I don't not believe in god, and I really like the idea of religion (if it wasn't so corrupt)

Beyondshy

I'm not gonna lie I would be annoyed if you called me an atheist, because I don't not believe in god, and I really like the idea of religion (if it wasn't so corrupt)

I really don't understand this and I wish I did. I don't want to sound argumentative but I think I'll sound it if try to explain what I think. Oh well!