Are 'Shy Girls' attractive?

Reiji Moritsugu

My take on this? HELL YEAH.

But as it´s already been said in the thread, they will still go after the extroverted guys, who tend to accept them. Why is this? because they complement each other; the extroverted guy gives the girl "energy", while the introverted girl gives the guy a connection with an inner world that he does not normally experiment.

So, as attractive as the "They are less threatening, now I can feel safer" thought may be, shy guys are still at a severe disadvantage when it comes to relationships. One of the parties involved must be outgoing and assertive, even if only to a minimal level. Otherwise, the relationship will turn into the most boring experience ever...just imagine two people who almost never talk or initiate new activities; just like watching two dolls standing still from outside a toy store.

Mind that I completely hate over - extroverted, way too outgoing and popular type of girls. I just wouldn´t stand having to be in social gatherings all the time just to be with her, or having to fake that I actually care about shallow people. Besides, I´ll be completely honest...being with such people is a depressing experience, for they are a mirror in which I can see myself as the perfect opposite of someone who is actually living life.

So yeah, while I like shy girls I wouldn´t start a relationship with one whose shyness is even greater than mine because then, all balance would go down the toilet.

mushroompudding

hello im new around here :)

i have the same problem...my heart races and i my face gets really flushed just at the moment whenever any guy talks to me. I want to know if guys find this attractive or just annoying :confused:

Perfidion

In girls, it's attractive. In guys, it's not. Thank society's gender stereotypes and evolutionary psychology for this state of affairs.

mushroompudding

i like guys that get like this too though, it makes me feel like i'm not the only one who is getting nervous...

but thats true people hae created a norm for the sexes that has changed significantly throughout generations.

Sure_whynot

OK, Since i have Social anxiety, i am a Shy girl.
And I hate it!
But anyways, I have read that people with confidence are more attractive is that true? ::(:
Are shy girls attractive?? I really dont want to loose attraction because of my social anxiety =(
xx

Shy/Cute girls are very attractive, but it can go either way.

Confident girls are generally more attractive because they have a scene of direction to themselves.

Shy girls are generally more attractive when they are down to earth & know their own self value.

lyricalliaisons

I, personally, think that a lot of people find shy girls attractive. I've been asked out a lot & I certainly come across as way beyond shy.

limetree

I'm a shy girl and although I find confident males attractive, it's more out of a need to have my weaknesses complemented rather than finding one or the other more appealing- that depends on the individual. Confidence can lead to insensitivity. I'm generalising here but shy guys are usually more considerate, thoughtful and loyal- they're not spread thin and don't constantly abandon you to impress their other friends :) But I'm not friends with any because we are too shy to approach each other. Doesn't mean I think shy guys are inferior, I'd hate to fall for gender stereotypes. There's another perspective that girls are portrayed as being overly chatty and emotionally expressive, ugh, while guys can pull off the "strong, silent" demeanor, "if a girl won't shut up, she's not asking for advice, if a guy grunts they've run out of words." Again: ugh. *rolls eyes* :p

lol I am the shy type who doesn't say much at all.. not intentionally but I suppose I'm just socially inept regarding small talk.. I'm not very adaptable. I need to really click with somone or find them interesting otherwise I can't feed off what they're saying and
lose motivation.

I feel quite misunderstood when people are *annoyed* at my silence, I always thought passiveness at least didn't intrusively affect people but I suppose it's no different to being annoyed at their loud, incessant chattiness.

I like shy girls, and I do find shyness attractive. The main factor though is not shyness, but self-esteem. A shy girl with good self-esteem is certainly quite attractive. Girls with low self-esteem (who also tend to be shy) are not as appealing.

I know girls who have claimed to be shy at first but they don't let it show.. they had okay self-esteem and ended up seeming quite attractive (friendly-reserved and not over the top). When I think of shyness though, I think of being extremely inhibited because of low self-confidence and evidently in your post, doubt whether the unapproachable aloofness gives an attractive impression. I don't invalidate their shyness though, there might be a continuum. Those who embody the cute, sweet, blushing, soft spoken silver screen stereotype is typically attractive but not when your shyness makes you appear cold as a walking gravestone.

btw something that ticked me off is the "introverts are losers: become popular #1 guide to social skills" add everywhere these days.. especially on this forum. It's a greedy, bigoted scam!

Perfidion

Those who embody the cute, sweet, blushing, soft spoken silver screen stereotype is typically attractive but not when your shyness makes you appear cold as a walking gravestone.

Believe it or not, "cold as a walking gravestone" actually appeals to some people. But then, they're probably as dysfunctional as you are. I firmly believe there's a fine line between "bubbly" and "obnoxious". Most people who describe themselves as bubbly are simply horribly annoying and oblivious to the fact.

gsmax5

Believe it or not, "cold as a walking gravestone" actually appeals to some people. But then, they're probably as dysfunctional as you are. I firmly believe there's a fine line between "bubbly" and "obnoxious". Most people who describe themselves as bubbly are simply horribly annoying and oblivious to the fact.

Right on! Loudmouthed women are SOOO unattractive, but the sweet "bubbly" ones are great!

Regarding the original post: Shy girls are totally hot! Shy men are (unfortunately) not. ::(:

Ashiene

i'm a shy guy myself, so i guess shy girls would be more compatible with me. one reason i cannot tolerate loud girls is because my sister (a horrible human being) is an extremely loud, talkative and rude person, and i cannot imagine a girlfriend like that.

shy girls (especially if they have SAD or SP) are who i'm looking for.

no1

Banned
shy girls will always be attractive. on the other hand men... because women are so critical of men, might not be.

don't take my word for it though. Be attracted to the shy guy, but dont let any one generalization of men or women affect your interests. ie just because a man says women are manipulative, cold, calculating, condescending brats who say they want nice guys but go for the wrong ones, doesn't mean that you have to believe that that is the way women are meant to be so that you go out and do the same thing.

Hey men can be the same way. People in general are sometimes very open to suggestion even when they dont know they are.

Last edited:

Morgan01

I like shy men..

I think everyone likes something different. you can't really say one thing is unnatractive or attractive.. there are people out there who like that thing..

wibbze2

Yes, confidence does make people more attractive but that can often mean they look more attractive than they actually are. What looks like confidence is often a front for insecurity anyway. At least if you are shy, then a guy knows it already and doesn't have to cut through all the "I'm so confident" bulllshit before hand. Any guy who's worth anything won't be impressed by all the pseudo confidence anyway.