anyone go on long walks when feeling depressed

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Yes, I go to a park and walk the nature trails. Also, sometimes I drive to the beach late at night and walk. That’s really good.

theblank

I used to love going for long walks alone at night. It was one of my favorite things to do and would really help me deal with all the turmoil brewing inside of me. Then I moved to a new city and into a bad neighborhood. I no longer go for walks at night and try to be in before dark so I don't get randomly murdered by a street gang.

Kinetik

Nah, SA makes me lethargic and apathetic. I'm far more inclined to not leave the house, especially if I'm going through a rough patch. To be fair though, I was never that good at helping myself - all the experts say to exercise if you feel down, but I can rarely be bothered.

MollyBeGood

I do it, 3 times a week or more and it's like an instant happiness pill for me.
The exercise is really important to peoples well-being, plus the fresh air, sunshine if applicable and time with my Dog <3 it!

i love to ride horse too, for the same reason but you get no real exercise, lol...the horse does :) well i guess it's good for your abs or something...

Seasons

Nice long walks, to either think over things calmly or just to appreciate the walk itself. I get to a point where I stare at the water (sea or river) for ages before going back and that makes me feel amazingly well! :)

HeadFace

Yup. Definetly. Helps me think things over more. No distractions. Just walking aimlessly around my area. Sometimes with my iPod on. Sometimes I just worry about seeing old friends or people I know, when I'm out.
Though, recently I havent really. I only do when the wheathers alright, or just at night. I hate grey wheather.

Last edited: