Anyone ever get this feeling?

PerseverareJasmine

In the past, and actually pretty recently, I'll become attracted to someone, and almost as soon as I do, its like a voice in my head keeps telling me that it won't work out or that I'm not good enough for him. I often end up not acting on my feelings because of it. I've let that voice get the best of me before, and I regret it. I was just wondering if anyone's ever felt like that?

MikeyC

I constantly feel like I'm not good enough for women, so yeah, I know how you feel, Jasmine.

You seem like a catch, just from the little I know of you, so your voice in your head is wrong. :)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Yeah, I bash my feelings faster than a game of whack-a-mole as soon as they rear their head.

I'm just not equipped for anything resembling love right now. I've tried it, and it ends badly. Really badly. My self esteem is 00, so there's just no way I can keep up my end of the bargain in a relationship.

When I'm ready, but not today.

I always feel that I'm not good enough, I need a proof that the other person really thinks i'm good enough, then I get the courage to act on my feelings, otherwise I just don't, I can't.

TLB

Oh yeah, been there before :( you struggle with what to do! I always regret not 'going for it' though, so I would suggest doing that :)

Iseesky

Absolutely. :) I tend to put the guys I like (and some girls for that matter) up on a pedestal. I think 'they're so smart and funny and attractive and friendly! What could they possibly see in me?' And I get to thinking that there must be some mistake. They must not be seeing me properly because if they were, there'd be no way they'd like me. That's when I start pushing them away.