Anyone else have SA run in their family?

knr9311

I have a brother, niece, and cousin with SA. Just wondering if anyone else has a similar situation.

AtTheGates

Banned
no. I was inadvertently conditioned to be this way by being overly parented by my mother and not parented ENOUGH by my father.

AlienGeranium

I don't know what they were like at my age, but my parents are both somewhat shy. My dad is more uncomfortable and awkward at times, while my mom is more reserved and keeps to herself. They both seem to function fairly easily (although my dad is a people avoider) None of my siblings or extended family show any signs I can see.

Hoppy

[Joke] Mental illness doesn't run through my family.

It walks slowly, stopping at each of us and getting to know us very well. [/joke]

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
My mum and sister say they've got SA but ah just think they say that tae pity me because they're perfectly awright holding a conversation wi' people. Whereas ah barely get past "Hello". :eek:mg:

IntheLabyrinth

no. I was inadvertently conditioned to be this way by being overly parented by my mother and not parented ENOUGH by my father.

No one in my family has it, but a lot of people on my mother's side have generalized anxiety. I think my pre-disposition to anxiety and having parents similar to yours (except my mom inadvertently taught to be fearful and untrustful rather than just over parenting) greatly contributed to me ending up with SA.