Anyone beat SA completely?

KiaraBlue

This time I really decided to beat my SA. Did anyone here cured SA completely? And how did u do that? I don't want negative thoughts on this topic...please share only positive stuff..
I came back from one month vacation before few days and really had the time to 'clear my head'..I'm still thinking about leaving this site..but for now I will concentrate on this topic only..of course if you want to participate..I would be very happy if you do :)
I know that there are probably similar topics already but you will forgive me I hope since I am not opening new threads every day.. :)

KiaraBlue

Not completely, but I've made a lot of progress. I'm almost back to the way I used to be only with more knowledge and experience under my belt. I'm a lot happier and more confident now, but I still want to work on my confidence.
CBT helped tremendously, but I also pushed myself to be more social, to take advantage of opportunities when they were presented to me....
It's excellent that you've made this decision to fight your SA. Now you have to push yourself. Every time you're thinking about avoiding something or someone, push yourself. Go through with it no matter how scary it may be. Make your desire to overcome anxiety stronger than your fears. No matter what happens, remember to give yourself credit for trying. Things will get easier and easier and you will eventually see that there is nothing to be afraid of. I wish you the very best, Kiara. If you don't leave us then make sure to keep us updated on your progress. Your progress and experiences may become a source of inspiration for us all. :)

Thank you very much, Serafina. ;)

Every time you're thinking about avoiding something or someone, push yourself. Go through with it no matter how scary it may be.
Yeah..that is the key definitely...
I'm really pushing myself..it's very hard..I hate that I'm so weak and that every little bad thing that someone tells me puts me down..I wanna be stronger and not worry so much about what others think.

I came back from my vacation in Sunday and since then I have been on 2 drinks with different people and today I'm going on drink with some other friend..so that's a progress. I'm only a little bit angry that yesterday I didn't left the house even for a walk..all day I spent on the phone calling people but yesterday nobody had the time to meet with me. And I think it's very important for me to get out from the house every single day inspite of the weather and other stuff..
I will keep informing u don't worry. ;)

Kiara..
I have just started helping myself 5 days ago, and it is going well..
I think this is how the process goes ( at least i picture it like this)
1. getting rid of the negative thoughts
2. loving yourself even if u are the most ridiculous person in the world, then u lose the fear of being ridiculous and the fear of being judged for it..(then u can be yourself)
3. number three comes simontaneously with loving yourself, u won't rly care much about what other people think.

Now the first thing u must do is step 1.
U will do that by telling yourself every fear i have is irrational., it is a obsession, and if i obsess i will only be an obsessed person my whole life and nothing more, otherwise i could be ridiculous and happy(emphasize the happy, cuz u wont care), or even the way u want to be and happy..
what also helps a lot is to make a day plan.. include lots of exercising in it and require seeing a person every day if u can.

I have tried to explain this the best way possible..

good luck and wish me luck :)

KiaraBlue

Kiara..
2. loving yourself even if u are the most ridiculous person in the world, then u lose the fear of being ridiculous and the fear of being judged for it..(then u can be yourself)
3. number three comes simontaneously with loving yourself, u won't rly care much about what other people think.

U will do that by telling yourself every fear i have is irrational., it is a obsession, and if i obsess i will only be an obsessed person my whole life and nothing more, otherwise i could be ridiculous and happy(emphasize the happy, cuz u wont care), or even the way u want to be and happy..
what also helps a lot is to make a day plan.. include lots of exercising in it and require seeing a person every day if u can.

I see we are thinking in the same direction. I agree with everything you said. :)
Thank you..and of course I wish u luck! :) You can also write your positive experiences here..that can only help.. :)

sevenroses

Kiara..

Great plan!! I'm not completely cured. Kinda far from it but I'm gonna get there.

thx :)
well i relapsed a bit tonight, but im not letting it win :)
I've even gotten so far I can't sometimes even detect a "wrong" thought.. so rly need to work on this :)

mrb

im nearly there ... its really for me at least easy , you just stop thinking so much ... years of worring about stuff thats not even worth worring about behind me .... the thing with sa is most of the time your worring about what people are thinking about you or how you put your self across , silly thing is the only person thats thinking about it is you , no one else is ...... you say something you think is silly , you beat yourself up about it for days :confused: were as most people just forget about it soon as you have said it :rolleyes:

worrywort

Not cured completely, but I've mastered it enough that I'm very happy with my life and I can function in most general situations.

I remember when I was younger being so jealous of how natural and effortless people's conversations were and wishing I could talk to people with that same level of ease and comfort....then the other day I realised that for the last few years I've actually been like that...I can chat and do the whole small talk thing reasonably well these days.

I've also gotten a lot more assertive in recent years and more grounded and real. I'm much less prone to irrational thinking these days [in general at least I hope!]. In most situations I usually have a fair idea of what's going on and if something needs to be said I can say it.

One of the biggest turning points for me was when I realised how much negative thinking I had been doing and decided to really try and cut it out....which is similar to what others have already advised on this thread. Positive thinking really does make a massive difference. It's amazing how much we beat ourselves up.

so yea that would be my main piece of advice - control your thoughts.....be your own best friend!

FinalSolution

I dont think that its possible completly cure SA at least not for me. There will probably always be some situation with ppl that i will be affraid. But stil in last 3 months i made huge progress. From being affraid to talk with anyone i came to point when i can start shouting on randoms and totally f*** with them. Its not coz i am bad or evil, its just to push myself to see how far i can go. And i think now i am less affraid than most of "normal" ppl who dont have SA.

Anyway like Serafina says, the key to overcome SA is to push yourself no matter what, without any excuses over your comfort zone. YOu might be scared, u might be lazy, u might not be in mood, u might be tired.. It DOESNT matter, u go for it no matter what.
I know its easy to say and harder to do. Its very hard to do. But you do it once, then will be easier to do something 2nd time and even more easier next time, and do that for 100 times and u wont be scared anymore or u will be scared just a little.
WHat helped me most the is my thought before deceiding to face somethign i was very affraid of "If i dont do this right now, i will be forever affraid of people, i will forever stay like this, i will die like this, coz if i dont do it now i will never do it ... etc" Anyway the less u think, the less affraid u are.
Good luck to you :)

Tiercel

I beat my SA every chance I get.

Unfortunately it doesn't show it slimy little face often enough to teach it a lesson it won't soon forget. At least not physically.

:mad:

KiaraBlue

Thanks everybody! Good luck to u all! :)

So..yesterday evening I went for a drink with some girl who I worked with year ago..I had no panic attacks and almost no anxiety (ok..maybe a beer helped a little bit :p) even it was full of people..and the girl said she really enjoyed my company. There was just one akward situation..my ex boyfriend showed up..when he saw me he start to talking on the phone and leave that place..ok, I don't know was it for me. That put me down a little bit but those situations..I mean meeting people who I didn't see lately is also part of my healing proces..so I'm hoping to just get use to it..and don't bother too much..

After that I went in one pub to meet some guy..my neighbour..when I got there, already about 10 people were sitting at the table..I wasn't even nervous..I wish I was always so confident..I have noticed that when I think that I look good that day I feel confident..but I don't want that my confidence depend only on how I look..I wanna find it in me..because basicilly when I don't look good to myself..I'm s.rewed..

XSEANX

Im a 35yr old male. I've had SA pretty bad for a long time and have pretty much beat it now. Its a long story so i'll try to shorten it and if you need to know anything else just ask. The 1st step is to tell the people that your with everyday that you have an anxiety problem...(your family,friends and some work colleagues), tell them the symptoms and how you would like them to react to an anxiety attack,(maybe tell them to ignore it,and not stare)then when you get an anxiety attack,instead of these people wondering whats wrong with you, they will actually help you.
I used to have attacks at meetings in work, i told my manager about my problem and he said i didnt have to go to the meetings if i didnt want to. That was a big help. People say you shouldnt avoid doing things that might give you anxiety attacks but personally i think its up to the person. I've avoided some things...give your confidence time to grow.
Medication: You get people popping pills needlessly for every little problem..im the opposite,i never take anything but i knew because i have this problem that i probably needed some help so i really did my homework with this. I found a product that takes away my anxiety, its not a sedative,its not addictive,it has no side effects and i was amazed how calm i felt in a stressful situation. Its called GABA. Its like a virus cleaner for your brain. You take it when you go to bed,it puts you into a deep sleep instead of a light worried stressful sleep that i used to wake up from feeling like i hadnt even slept. Its not a sedative....read about it for yourself.
Another problem is that i feel i have to react to what other people say...if someone tells a joke thats not funny, i laugh because i think thats what they want to hear,to avoid a scene...but now i just tell them "thats a s**t joke". I react the way i want to react,this has also built confidence. Its hard to explain all this in writing but i've definately come along way and would like to help cause i know how debilitating this can be.

Last edited:

KiaraBlue

People I feel like I'm alive again!!! :D
I don't know how long this state will last..but I don't wanna think about it.
I am aware that this 'good state' is connected with good weather also..because I'm definitely 'meteoropat' (don't know how to say it on english)..I mean if the weather is fine I feel fine..
I wanna be outside all the time..every day I go for a drink with somebody..Imet some new people..few nice girls..people that didn't see me for a long time now finally did : ) I wanna feel like that all the time..I want to hang out with people every single day until that becomes normal thing like sleeping and eating.
Of course..everything wasn't perfect..In friday when I was out with my friends some new people sit at our table..they know them but I didn't..I was pretty much quite and almost didn't talk at all bacause I didn't know what to say about those things they were talking about..and they both said something like: say something.. I must admit I felt stupid and little embaressed and when I got home even depressed but I said to myself..omg..I can't have similar topics with everybody right?! Today I met those girls for the first time I was talking with them like I know them for ages so..
And just another thing...even thought I was lazy and I would rather stay in bed like I am used I forced myself (that's the thing we were talking about : ) )
and made a plan. For example..I arranged a meeting with somebody and didn't even think about canceling it..except that I was thinking positive about it..can't explain it well :p anyway I forced myself and it went pretty well when I think of it :)
And I can't forget to say that I was in shoping centre today..so I feel like queen lol...

Now people let me hear what brave thing did u do last few days.. :) Make Kiara proud..:D xxx

Last edited:

EasySkankin

Im a 35yr old male. I've had SA pretty bad for a long time and have pretty much beat it now. Its a long story so i'll try to shorten it and if you need to know anything else just ask. The 1st step is to tell the people that your with everyday that you have an anxiety problem...(your family,friends and some work colleagues), tell them the symptoms and how you would like them to react to an anxiety attack,(maybe tell them to ignore it,and not stare)then when you get an anxiety attack,instead of these people wondering whats wrong with you, they will actually help you.
I used to have attacks at meetings in work, i told my manager about my problem and he said i didnt have to go to the meetings if i didnt want to. That was a big help. People say you shouldnt avoid doing things that might give you anxiety attacks but personally i think its up to the person. I've avoided some things...give your confidence time to grow.
Medication: You get people popping pills needlessly for every little problem..im the opposite,i never take anything but i knew because i have this problem that i probably needed some help so i really did my homework with this. I found a product that takes away my anxiety, its not a sedative,its not addictive,it has no side effects and i was amazed how calm i felt in a stressful situation. Its called GABA. Its like a virus cleaner for your brain. You take it when you go to bed,it puts you into a deep sleep instead of a light worried stressful sleep that i used to wake up from feeling like i hadnt even slept. Its not a sedative....read about it for yourself.
Another problem is that i feel i have to react to what other people say...if someone tells a joke thats not funny, i laugh because i think thats what they want to hear,to avoid a scene...but now i just tell them "thats a s**t joke". I react the way i want to react,this has also built confidence. Its hard to explain all this in writing but i've definately come along way and would like to help cause i know how debilitating this can be.

Hey, thanks for sharing that Sean. I'll definately look into GABA.

I'm doing pretty good with my anxiety... prozac seems to be helping me cope with my nervousness. It hasn't fixed my SA I believe, but it gives me that extra push to keep working hard on it. I agree with you that medication is a really big help... something is definately wrong with our brains, treating it with medicine only makes sense.

Oh, where can I find it? Buy it? by the way?

KiaraBlue

I agree with you that medication is a really big help... something is definately wrong with our brains, treating it with medicine only makes sense.

Yeah..I agree with you guys .. inspite that I'm feeling better at the moment I am almost 100% sure that I will need medication in beating SA..but I will definitely won't make the same mistake again and rely on medication..

hippiechild

I can make it to the end part of level 10, you know... with the lava-baddies and moving ledges, but always lose on the spike boss right after! Arggh

Tipz plz?

EasySkankin

OMGZ... get some cheatz dude! GOD MODE. Lol, no seriously... go as far as you can with exposure (facing your fears) and therapy... if you feel you can't go any further, medication can help.

ripewithdecay

This thread is good and motivating. I think im going to pick up CBT again and start all over, I let it go for so long and ive hit rock bottom. Today i turned 25, and ive been a hermit since i was 18. It's time to get out of this hole.