anybody on hear who never achieved any ambitions they might've had

Littlewilly

Hi

I mean not only big ambitions say to make the world a better place or raising money for a charity etc,
but never moving up in your career at work when you may or did have the chance to do so,
Because I believe that's what happened to me because of my confidence & low self-esteem problems that I felt I was going to fail or be rejected trying to find a partner.
In my head I did do or doing these things probably because I felt safer that way.

Is there anyone else that has these feelings:sad:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah hud an opportunity tae do Media Studies at ma local college through an arrangement wi' during ma high school years. But ah didnae take the chance coz ah didnae feel like ah wuz smart enough or on par intellectually wi' ma peer group. Ah kinda felt ah'd bluffed ma way to get that chance.

Also, when ah was about 10 years old, ma mum read a short story that ah wrote and thought it was good enough to be published. But ah didnae think, at the time, ah hud the talent tae be a writer. And ah still don't, despite being telt by some on here that ah huv a talent for it. :idontknow:

Ah guess we both huv confidence n' self-esteem issues, eh?

Kiwong

I've had a lot of opportunity I didn't make the best of. Promotion to management has never been my goal. But I could've done many projects I worked on much better.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I think everything I've done I could have pushed harder, gone further or done better. I have had opportunities to climb the ladder at work but at that time didn't want to.
Another opportunity is coming up to do it again, it frightens the crap outta me to think of doing the job, but I may give it a shot.

I may not too :)

nicole1

I achieved a few when I was pushing through my disorder. Now, I'm no where but I've made several goals that I hope to achieve.

What did I achieve? Well, I had an internship and a scholarship. That was many years ago when I had it in my mind that I could be a reporter. Not today. That dream is dead.

nicole1

Ah hud an opportunity tae do Media Studies at ma local college through an arrangement wi' during ma high school years. But ah didnae take the chance coz ah didnae feel like ah wuz smart enough or on par intellectually wi' ma peer group. Ah kinda felt ah'd bluffed ma way to get that chance.

Also, when ah was about 10 years old, ma mum read a short story that ah wrote and thought it was good enough to be published. But ah didnae think, at the time, ah hud the talent tae be a writer. And ah still don't, despite being telt by some on here that ah huv a talent for it. :idontknow:

Ah guess we both huv confidence n' self-esteem issues, eh?

Strange, I've felt like this during my years as a student journalist. I feel like that now, which is why I haven't tried to take that route again.

I will say I'm not giving up and I'm still searching for something suitable for myself and will allow me to transfer the skills I have now. That's something I guess.

dannyboy65

I always think how much money I could have saved for myself instead of spending over a couple grand over a year or so for drugs and alcohol. Even now I don't feel right buying cigarettes and really want to quit but I can't ever seem to quit.

squidgee

I never achieved any of my ambitions because it seems I don't have any in the first place. I don't really have an end goal with a planned out path from point A to point B. I'm just kind of wandering aimlessly, still stuck at square one and feel like I'm not making any progress whatsoever.

Earthcircle

My desire to remain in a stable long-term relationship never materialized. The closest thing I ever experienced to that ended in death. Now I'm 49, and am amazed that people form relationships so easily, even apparently shy people. I don't understand, and no mental health professional ever cared to explain it to me.