Anybody develop addictions

Badbuz

Wonderin has anybody had problems with addiction after taken valium or xanex,or anything else after gettin sa.

Noca

Banned
I've never been addicted to any drug, video games however I was. I have since broken the addiction and am addiction free.

FOR REAL

Banned
They realy only help short term there not worth taken thats how addictive they realy are.

i completely agree but if i had to stop benzos, i think i would have to go into hospital, ive been taking nitrazepam for about 4 years roughly.
benzos are highly addictive as you say and if i stop taking them, i cant function at all and im petrified if i dont have any or know where they are.

FOR REAL

Banned
im addicted to raw onions too, i eat them in the same way a person would eat an apple
its supposed to be good for you!

Noca

Banned
i completely agree but if i had to stop benzos, i think i would have to go into hospital, ive been taking nitrazepam for about 4 years roughly.
benzos are highly addictive as you say and if i stop taking them, i cant function at all and im petrified if i dont have any or know where they are.

you got prescribed benzos in the UK?????????????? the land of benzo haters

DillJenkins

I was addicted to Klonopin. I suppose you could call it dependant because I was taking them as prescribed and all but the withdrawal was absolutely terrible.

I was on 4mg/day Klonopin for 2 years. Getting off that stuff was the hardest things I have done.

I knew all the risks beforehand cause I researched benzos quite a bit. I would say it was worth it but make sure you know the risk if you decide to take benzos long term.

I take up to 1mg Xanax PRN now and it is much better. I dont really grow tolerant and if I notice any tolerance building I take a break for a few days and it works again.

Badbuz

its realy easy to buy them illegaly in ireland and england i know a gud few people that take them not for anxiety but more for a buz which is stupid but thats the reality of things iv been dwn that road myself hope not to go bk dwn it.

Danfalc

Banned

Its no as rare as it you think,I'm recovering from an addiction,and yet the place which treats me readily supplies me with Diazipam,luckily i only use them when I need to for my anxiety not for a "fix".I also have sleepers,nitrazi's

Like badbuzz said the black market is full with them aswell.

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
Barry I think you worrying about addiction is pat of your OCD,Diazipam have helped me sooo much and I have never abused them.But still In a way they are just a crutch,so your fear is healthy I think.

Jake123

Banned
Some things I've been addicted to in the past include the internet, FFXI, sex, cutting, and prescription drugs.

SilentType

Banned
When I was 17, my shrink prescribed me to .5 mg 3x per day of Klonopin for panic disorder. I'm now 21, and now I take 2 mg 3x per day of Xanax. That's 6 mg per day! I'm to the point where if I miss a single dose my body reminds me with cold sweats and edgy irritability. As a previous poster said, it's more of a dependence than addiction, since my doctor has prescribed me all of these benzos over the past 4 years.

On another note, I'm recovering from an opiate addiction. I know that I'm at the end of the road with these drugs because over the weekend I relapsed, and afterwards I felt very disgusted with myself because I'd gone a month without using before that.

I use marijuana occasionally when I need to relax, but by no means am I addicted. The only reason I use it is when my normal life gets extremely stressful and I need to take the edge off. I guess you could say I use weed like many people use alcohol, just to take the edge off after a long day. I just prefer to smoke weed because it's not physically addicting like alcohol is.

Good luck to all those struggling with addiction problems. I've been there and I feel for you all.

Peace

dooby-duck

No not me and i honestly believe that it would be all i need to function properly. The reason i will not take them is because i am scared to death off addiction,it would go against everything i stand for.

I can totally understand that, and it's probably the main reason that I don't drink. I have nothing against other people drinking but have a fear of becoming an alcoholic. If I found alcohol helped with anxiety I'm not sure I cold trust myself to drink in moderation. Same applies to pills as well.

geminimomma

yeah...unfortunatly because i freakin love the way it make me feel...so not like my usually high strung full of anxiety self.
on xanax for 3+ years finally off against my drs recomendation (6 mos no drugs). although now i rarely leave the house :(

Hottie

its realy easy to buy them illegaly in ireland and england i know a gud few people that take them not for anxiety but more for a buz which is stupid but thats the reality of things iv been dwn that road myself hope not to go bk dwn it.
It is actully really easy to get them illeaglly in ireland, if you know the right people. Thats how i got the taste for them as i took them recreationaly and felt myself i was getting cravings for them so i stopped taking the recreationaly and used them tacktifully instead. Now ive been prescribed them and dont know where i'd be without them!
As much as they are a life saver...i know its no good for long term.

Barry I think you worrying about addiction is pat of your OCD,Diazipam have helped me sooo much and I have never abused them.But still In a way they are just a crutch,so your fear is healthy I think.
Please only use them when you need to... Dont do what i did...as i am on cruthes most days!! I know this was 2 years ago but if you are still on the site..how are you doing now regarding anxiety and medication?

When I was 17, my shrink prescribed me to .5 mg 3x per day of Klonopin for panic disorder. I'm now 21, and now I take 2 mg 3x per day of Xanax. That's 6 mg per day! I'm to the point where if I miss a single dose my body reminds me with cold sweats and edgy irritability. As a previous poster said, it's more of a dependence than addiction, since my doctor has prescribed me all of these benzos over the past 4 years.

On another note, I'm recovering from an opiate addiction. I know that I'm at the end of the road with these drugs because over the weekend I relapsed, and afterwards I felt very disgusted with myself because I'd gone a month without using before that.

I use marijuana occasionally when I need to relax, but by no means am I addicted. The only reason I use it is when my normal life gets extremely stressful and I need to take the edge off. I guess you could say I use weed like many people use alcohol, just to take the edge off after a long day. I just prefer to smoke weed because it's not physically addicting like alcohol is.

Good luck to all those struggling with addiction problems. I've been there and I feel for you all.

Peace
I smoke some hash/grass a good bit of the time. I abuse drugs too (a big amount and often). If you suffer anxiety, smoking joints will not help the anxiety one bit. Giveing it up wont stop you from abnormal anxiety levels, but it eliminates a stimulant that adds to the anxiety

Im only saying this as I know in my personal situation...i gave up all drups for around two and a half months (i know alcohol is a drug too but i was still drinking). When i started using again i could SERIOUSLY notice the difference when smoking a joint.
So i now smoke cigerattes instead of 24/7 smoking grass/hash. I still smoke it the odd time but i honestly dont know how i used to smoke it all the time.
So what im saying is...u should seriously consider giving it up. I would usually never say that to anyone who smokes it, as i know how nice it is to have a joint...but you suffer from anxiety...so why are you putting your self through the extra anxiety it causes? You may not know it now...as i didnt...but if you gave it up you'll see !!!

I am only taking Xanax, three to four times a week. I think thats too much, i do. I know you know deep down its a problem for you... If you are still on the site could you tell me how your keeping now? Are you still on as much Xanax?

Its no long term soluntion...but it does help for now. Plus my tolerence is building and i can see that not long from now i may have a problem with them. I've hear it can creep up on you easily...

yeah...unfortunatly because i freakin love the way it make me feel...so not like my usually high strung full of anxiety self.
on xanax for 3+ years finally off against my drs recomendation (6 mos no drugs). although now i rarely leave the house :(
congrats and well done for being off drugs for 6months. Did you do this on your own or did you have extra help with it?
I can relate to the lovely buzz it give you. It give you such a high........but then there the horrible low. When i come down of drugs my anxiety goes into overdrive mode and i get paro as sh!t. That is why i want to get off drugs.

I have come to realise that my drug, drink, and tablet abuse, is not helping my anxiety one bit. Can you feel an improvement with you anxieties? I know when i was clean for two and a half months, to be honest never felt any better (i was proud but unhappy i wasnt feeling the beinfits), but i hear it can take a fair few months to feel the difference.

If you dont mind me asking...when you say "now i rarly leave my house", why is this? Is it from the no more parting? No more xanax taking? Or simply because of anxiety?

I have started sddiction counselling two week ago. My plan is to give up everything on friday - as tomorrow is Paddy's Day and i know what to expect! But after that there will be no more excuses!!

I think drink is my real real problem though...never mind substances and xanax. I drink very very heavily and when im out the weekends...sometimes i dont come home till sunday night. Im constantly on the 'rollover'- spending the nights and days up drugging, drinking and dancing...but also skaging).

With the drink i drink a fair few cans before i go out. This is so i can be buzzing when i meet up with my mates. So if those few cans were to be taken away......id be screwed! Plus i do worry about alcholism because it iis in my genetics and i am not going to grow up the way some people in my life did...i hope not anyway. So i know with me i have to be extra careful and from knowing this i have actively taken step to imporve things.

So hopefully now with the addiction counselling, possible NA meetings and support, i can manage my drinking and eliminate my drug use...

:)

sullyS25

I preferred Opiates to Benzos but definitely abuse Kpins and Xanax. I abused alcohol as well. I went to rehab in July because I was eating Oxycontin, smoking heroin and drinking booze when i could not find OC or H. When I got out I used immediately and continued to use then admitted myself into another rehab a month later and have been clean since. You either have an addictive personality or you dont. I ate Klonopin like candy because I thought it tasted like candy. My crazy thinking says that if one kpin relaxes my senses, imagine what five would do?! I could never get enough. Not everyone thinks that way but I do and that is why I do not touch mind altering substances.