Anti-psychotic medication

miserablecow

Has anyone taken anti-psychotic medication? How was it for you?

I take it due to suffering from psychosis.

Last edited:

lilyhawthorne

I have. Numerous different ones. Work better than sleeping pills I can tell you!

Seriously though, I found they knocked me out withing 30 minutes and I'd be drowsy as anything the next day. Unfortunately, I had a rubbish psychiatrist, so I have no idea if they worked or not.

Good luck though.

planemo

Yes they do work better than sleeping pills.

I've had no real problems other than being quite fatigued. But I'd rather be fatigued then a nervous wreck. It's helped me with my anxiety I feel.

Remus

Staff member
I had something like this for migraine, my god it made me feel terrible and I had to dump it, my heart bleeds for anyone on such medication!

Steiner

Mm when I was taking them I didn't notice anything different. That was Risperidone. It's the same with all the drugs I have taken. No effect.

miserablecow

I have. Numerous different ones. Work better than sleeping pills I can tell you!

Seriously though, I found they knocked me out withing 30 minutes and I'd be drowsy as anything the next day. Unfortunately, I had a rubbish psychiatrist, so I have no idea if they worked or not.

Good luck though.

I've never taken sleeping pills but agree they really help with sleep. Though I'm only taking the anti-psychotic medication as I've suffered from psychosis.

miserablecow

Yes they do work better than sleeping pills.

I've had no real problems other than being quite fatigued. But I'd rather be fatigued then a nervous wreck. It's helped me with my anxiety I feel.

While taking it I'm a zombie, can't do anything. I'm always lethargic, I have to have naps in the day. I haven't been taking it due to this but now I have my psychotic symptoms coming back.

planemo

While taking it I'm a zombie, can't do anything. I'm always lethargic, I have to have naps in the day. I haven't been taking it due to this but now I have my psychotic symptoms coming back.

That's why it's probably better to take it.

I'm trying taking Niacin (vitamin B3) as well, since i heard it can help with mental illness. perhaps you should try it too. the only side effect is hot flushes and reddening of the skin for a little bit.

miserablecow

That's why it's probably better to take it.

I'm trying taking Niacin (vitamin B3) as well, since i heard it can help with mental illness. perhaps you should try it too. the only side effect is hot flushes and reddening of the skin for a little bit.

Thanks, I'll look into it.