another newbie

neardeath

Hi! I am from WI where it is way below zero today. Attending a partial hospitalization program currently. In my 50's, I am worse off than ever, mentally. Don't know if I can go on. Went to church yesterday and can't control my crying anymore and it is very embarrassing. Things are so bad I don't think I even like people at all anymore. God help us all.

Fin

Hey and welcome to the forum :) Sorry to hear that you are feeling so low. What's your story? PM if you don't want to write it on here.

Lamb

Welcome to the forum Neardeath. I'd love some below zero temperature, and I can relate to the feeling of disliking people in general.

Hope posting here allows you some relief.

Xervello

That sucks, nd. Our thoughts are with you. I hope you pull through. I'm from a cold, miserable state, too - lol - and I say this half seriously, if you have the means perhaps moving to a warmer climate might help. I've read various things (general articles, studies, what not) that make an argument for warm climates = better mental health.

Last edited:

coyote

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I'm in Door County, WI - it was three below this morning, with a windchill of -18

(that would be -28 in metric)

Xervello

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I'm in Door County, WI - it was three below this morning, with a windchill of -18

(that would be -28 in metric)

Yikes, 'yote! Better put on your cheese gloves, cheese boots, cheese coat, cheese hat and wrap yourself in a cheese blanket. :giggle:

neardeath

thanks everyone. I was misdiagnosed with bipolar years ago. No meds ever worked. Now I will see someone Friday for meds to treat the anxiety. I have no hope they will work. Maybe just move to a legal state? Anyway, I am pursuing solutions to the biggest problems and hope to gain some relief. I don't know what my story is beyond that. Miserable life with this social anxiety. Living becomes nearly impossible. I have two grown kids, a pug, and a cat. Just made up my mind to move to a building with a view of Lake Superior. I don't really connect with anyone since I lost my partner to pancreatic cancer almost 5 years ago, so I will give this a try as a social outlet. Thanks for your support and thanks for listening to me babble.

neardeath

P.S. Yeah, Packers - lol. MMMMMmmm cheese. And, they have downgraded the weather from a warning to an advisory because the windchill will be -40 or less instead of -50!