Anime/manga

Ithior

I was just wondering, considering this is a Social Anxiety forum, if anyone has watched/read Welcome to the N.H.K? What were your thoughts on it?

Ithior

There's a new anime airing weekly that is about a girl with social anxiety. Only one episode aired so far. It's also an adaptation of a manga but I haven't picked that up yet. Apparently it's based on the writer's own experience. I think I read somewhere that she doesn't want to mention bullying though.

If someone's interested, the name is 'Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui' (translates to 'No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Unpopular!), Watamote for short.

Steiner

There's a new anime airing weekly that is about a girl with social anxiety. Only one episode aired so far. It's also an adaptation of a manga but I haven't picked that up yet. Apparently it's based on the writer's own experience. I think I read somewhere that she doesn't want to mention bullying though.

If someone's interested, the name is 'Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui' (translates to 'No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Unpopular!), Watamote for short.

Yeah thats my profile picture lol. I can totally relate

Flanscho

Well, being "into" them would be too much. I know several anime films I like a lot. Such as Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2, Akira, Legend of the Overfiend, On a Stormy Night, Princess Mononoke... uhm... that moving castle thing, Grave of the Fireflies...

But that's about it.

Ithior

Yeah thats my profile picture lol. I can totally relate

Yeah I had already noticed that.

I really like the opening song, can't stop listening to it. Funny thing is when I was listening to it the first time I thought I wasn't going to like it since it reminded me of the second opening of Death Note which I really disliked.

Lou-s-Darkness

Wow I never knew so much people liked anime/manga. This is a great thread!!! I absolutely love anime and manga. Big fan. I'm more of an english sub person...I used to prefer english dub when I was younger, but that was before I knew how awesome Japanese sounded. ^^

I basically grew up with anime in my life.

Ithior

One of the funniest because I can relate,in fact most here would:
welcome to nhk

Welcome to the NHK is pretty good, I enjoyed it a lot. Always listen to the soundtrack when I'm feeling down (so it goes along with my mood, not to change it). The light novel is also pretty good, but there are some differences: the girl from highschool doesn't exist and there are more scenes regarding Misaki's life. I think the manga is also a bit different but I haven't read that yet.

Wow I never knew so much people liked anime/manga. This is a great thread!!! I absolutely love anime and manga. Big fan. I'm more of an english sub person...I used to prefer english dub when I was younger, but that was before I knew how awesome Japanese sounded. ^^

I basically grew up with anime in my life.

When I was a kid a lot of anime on TV was dubbed in spanish and with portuguese subtitles. To be fair, I think spanish dubs actually sound better than english subs (at least in the shows I watched: Doraemon and Ninja Hattori). I always watch it with japanese voice actors and english subs now.

Ithior

I was reading this thread and it reminded me of an anime I watched last Summer, where this guy created a facebook-like app with real life quests. These quests were "created" by people in need of help (they would ask the app for help and it would create a quest) and others close to that person would get a quest "notification" and they could win points for completing that quest (by helping the person).

If you're interested, the name is Gatchaman Crowds. It has a pretty nice soundtrack too, but the art style is a bit different than usual. It's 12 episodes long. There's a 2nd season announced, in case you find the final episode to lack a lot of explanations.