am I a fool for believing in love?

no1

Banned
am I a fool in believing that I can find someone who is not just about casual sex and promiscuity, and can handle a monogamous relationship, and someone who will love me for who I am, and not just for my "assets".

JA2007

Not at all! Finding those people can be more challenging though because they are probably just as home bound as we all are.

No, not at all! There are so many people who aren't about those kind of things, about sex and promiscuity and fooling around...the people who don't believe in those things aren't a tiny minority, I believe there are plenty of people like that. Not everyone is a zombie. I just think those people are harder to find. People who are just looking for a sexual relationship or something like that are easy to find...they're only looking for something casual, so you don't have to get to know someone as much first. Finding someone to have a committed relationship with takes time and takes effort to form a bond and a relationship. So it's just harder, or I guess a longer process.

Morgan01

yes it definitely exists. I think it is easy to monogomous to someone you love, if someone falls in love with you they probably wouldn't ever think about sexual relationships with other people.. or at least not want to do it. although it often takes a lot of misses to find the right person

no1

Banned
good questions. the first one I guess I can't answer right now... the second one well they have dictionaries. well I guess u can say it's also an ideal love.

Last edited:

Reiji Moritsugu

A fool? nope.

It does exist, the thing is it is one of the hardest things to find.

Whereas lust is present on pretty much each and every corner nowadays,
if social norms were a bit lighter I´m sure lots of people would be walking on the
street with giant "I´m available" signs strapped to their back, or worse.

Ashiene

And who exactly are you? And what is love?

Love is the emotional bond that leads to sex, at least in younger people. In older people, romantic love turns into supportive love, like what we see in elderly couples, that don't have sex, but still love each other as much as when they first met.

bagota50

Truth to tell, I don't really see why you people are railing against lust.
It has served us well in getting us to where we are now, and as long as both partys are consenting and no one is hurt by the act, what is wrong with a one night stand?

What is wrong with sex without love?

Love is real, but most people that say "I love you" to one another(at least the couples I've observed, in my life time) do not really mean it.
At least in the long run it seems.

Truth to tell, I don't really see why you people are railing against lust.
what is wrong with a one night stand?
What is wrong with sex without love?

I guess it depends on how psychologically healthy you are. The idea of meaningless sex is enticing and all, but I don't do it, cause I know it would just make me feel worse. Like it magnifies loneliness or something.

anomicdeer

I think you are a fool for asking the ****ing question. Some people dont like love but some people want love.

Ashiene

Stages of a relationship with the opposite sex:

1) Lust (Infatuation): This is what we call 'love at first sight', which is in fact, lust. Lust is when a person is attracted to a member of the opposite sex based on physical appearance and perceived notions of his or her personality.

2) Love (Romantic Attraction): The second stage is love. This is when a couple begins to delve deeper into each other's personalities and are not attracted to each other solely on lust. They are now attracted to both physical appearance and personality on an equal level, and it is in this stage that a couple begins to grow a strong emotional bond for each other.

3) Sex (Reproduction and Sexual Pleasure): The third stage is sex. When a couple has formed an intense emotional bond for each other, they will now desire to form a new kind of bond, a physical bond with each other through the union of bodies known as sexual intercourse. This is the stage when a couple becomes comfortable with each other (mostly) physically, as opposed to love, when a couple becomes comfortable with each other (mostly) emotionally.

Skatergirl

Banned
No ! Theres a soulmate for everyone :), cuz there are plenty of people, and theres someone which fits to you ;)
and i believe in destiny which brings everybody together :),
love is all around ;)