alprazolam?

exquisite

has anyone tried it? i guess its the generic version of xanax... did it work, not work, complaints, etc?

panicsurvivor

Yeah. I have a bottle of it in my pocket at all times. I actually never use it, it is more of a talisman for me. I know that if I have a really hard time, that I can just take one and it will take away the panic. That what I tell myself when I grab the bottle in my pocket.
Does it work? Well it is a narcotic. So yes it will calm you down and make you feel better. But it is by no means a cure. It will not change whatever issues, or symptoms you have. You have to do that yourself, or real medications. Some people say that they get cured from those. I think for the most part though people need to go inward to really get cured. Taking xanax won' remove the tumor it will just help with the pain. Does that make sense?

Davevanza

has anyone tried it? i guess its the generic version of xanax... did it work, not work, complaints, etc?

It does help me tremendously.

After taking it, I noticed my hand trembling whenever holding a glass in front of people, stops.

Also, I have Phobia of taking a long escalator. It makes me sweat.
But after taking Xanax, this symptom is gone.

Also when going up the stairs, I just couldn't walk as "Normal", but got to cling to the handrail, and sometimes it's embarrassing.
Strangely, I feel alright when I go down the stairs or escalator.

Also When crossing the pedestrian bridge to cross the road, in the middle of the bridge, I would be sweating, feel as if i might fall down. So I purposely carry a bag that is a bit heavy with books on my one hand, and some food n fruits on the other hand. With this I could cross it without sweating, as if the weight balances me.
It's tiresome to do that everytime.
Xanax does help me in this situation.

mike2011

i have the same problem .. scare to step outside the house . scare to go drive far away from home . scare to go to public .. my wife left me and divorced me because the anxiety i have . i went to Dr he gave me Xanax 1 m .. it helped a lot really . its the magic .. i Cary bottle full of 120 pills i dont take just when i feel panic and feel save .. and it even helped me with my broken heart after my wife left . i cried a lot to her to come back but she didn't .. Xanax helped me to move on ..... [email protected] if anybody wants to talk ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gerdje

Alprazolam is the same as the branded Xanax, i take 4 times 0.5mg /day.
It does wonders at "hiding" external symptoms of anxiety like blushing, sweating, and preventing anxiety attacks, it does not take away the (scary ) thought patterns though. It makes you feel tired the whole day, and is quite addictive.

chickenmaryjane

It helped me to stay calm, I had nasty side effect though, nausea and body pain. A day after taking it I felt like I was suffering from a hangover. Below is the side effects of the drug.

General Effects
1. Drowsiness
2. Dizziness
3. Decreased Alertness and Concentration
4. Lack of Coordination
5. Decreased Libido, Erection Problems
6. Depression, Disinhibition
7. Hypotension (low blood pressure)
8. Suppressed Breathing
9. Nausea
10. Changes in Appetite
11. Blurred Vision
12. Confusion
13. Euphoria
14. Depersonalization
15. Nightmares

Paradoxical Effects
1. Epilepsy
2. Aggression
3. Violence
4. Impulsivity
5. Irritability
6. Suicidal Behavior

Cognitive Effects
1. Cognitive Dysfunction
2. Visuospatial Memory
3. Visiomotor Coordination
4. Information Processing
5. Verbal Learning and Concentration

Long-Term Effects
1. Cognitive Dysfunction
2. Behavioural Problems
3. Feelings of Turmoil
4. Thinking Problems
5. Lack of Libido
3. Agoraphobia
4. Social Phobia :eek:
Source: Xanax Side Effects - Reviews, Warnings, Tips

powerfulthoughts

I used to take it periodically. It did not really help me out socially. It did seem to cover up the anxiety from it, but that seems to just be a zombie effect. Kill off the emotions and call it "fixed." I do not like benzos or ssri's for that reason.

Alprazolam (xanax) usually just was really good at knocking me out. I had a couple true to life panic attacks in my life, and a xanax usually stopped it in its tracks. Very good at tranquilizing you for extreme anxiety and putting you to sleep. It also made me feel very hazy and groggy,

There was a point at which I started taking them too often for a prolonged period of time; maybe about a week and a half, roughly. When I just stopped cold turkey, I had severe insomnia. I simply couldnt get to sleep for the life of me. I know it was the xanax because I never had such a problem before in my life.

Overall I think its a med that should be used very, very sparingly. After my experience with it, I can safely say it is no cure for social anxiety disorder, at least not for me.

doesit

im on it,started on 0.5mg a day for stressful situations,now i can take up to 10mgs through day just to reach same effect,and basically instead of working straight away it kicks in hours later when consistency is high consistency is reached in blood,aftermath i get late response of calmed and being normal or really tired and makes you wanna go to sleep straight after work :p then you wake up looking like you had been partying for the last 2 days hangover :] ,but i dont take it on days when i dont need it,but the thing is i never was junkie for meds,and used anything to get me high or stonned,so anyonw before responding think twice as this med gonna work only short while maybe 3-4 months max after that you get cut off,and its back with revenge the anxiety is :)

sullyS25

It is addicting so if you have an addictive personality I wouldn't mess with it. If you can manage to take it only when you absolutely need it then it works good. If you take it a lot your tolerance will raise and you will need a lot more to feel the same effects like what is mentioned in the post above mine.

The withdrawal from Xanax is nasty and the side-effects aren't much fun either. It completely trashes your short term memory and you cannot remember what you did while you took at after not being on it. Xanax is the most addictive benzo and I personally think there are better options out there. I am an ex-addict though so my post may be a bit bias.

That being said it does what it is supposed to when you take it responsibly. I used to get so anxious during class presentations and dread doing them. I was so uncomfortable in front of people and hated when I had to give presentations. Then I found Xanax. I once did a presentation on Xanax and my teacher said I should be a teacher because I was so calm and patient in front of the class. So it works initially but if you abuse it like I ended up doing, it will take you to places you don't want to go.

silveraks13

Just stay away from taking a bottle of them with a bottle of vodka...turns out...not so good for your body and it can land you in the mental ward for a stay...

sullyS25

Just stay away from taking a bottle of them with a bottle of vodka...turns out...not so good for your body and it can land you in the mental ward for a stay...

That can also land you six feet under pretty quick.....I am glad that wasn't the case with you and I hope you are alright now.

silveraks13

That can also land you six feet under pretty quick.....I am glad that wasn't the case with you and I hope you are alright now.

Yes it can!! And I think that was the goal. Thankfully it did not work but that moment really messed my life up I am better but I am still working on getting all of my ducks in a row.

doesit

dont want to insult anyone but people who take benzos to get high are retards because if you dont suffer from anything and take it, makes you into potato,or a brain dead retard with alcohol,if it makes anyone feel good getting drunk after bottle of beer and xanax then your special :rolleyes: ,otherwise people will think that instead you had 10 beers while you finish your first one.Smoke weed or what ever $hit you want but dont use xanax to get high as this what got it bad rep in the first place.Peace

sullyS25

dont want to insult anyone but people who take benzos to get high are retards because if you dont suffer from anything and take it, makes you into potato,or a brain dead retard with alcohol,if it makes anyone feel good getting drunk after bottle of beer and xanax then your special :rolleyes: ,otherwise people will think that instead you had 10 beers while you finish your first one.Smoke weed or what ever $hit you want but dont use xanax to get high as this what got it bad rep in the first place.Peace

Thank you for your contribution. What you failed to mention is what it feels like to take benzos with opiates which is one of the most common mixtures used to get high using benzos. People on methadone take benzos because the combination mimics the effects of heroin.

Benzos have a bad rep because they are very addicting. People get addicted to them without taking them to get high. People with daily anxiety that take them multiple times a day and get physically addicted to them. Did you not just tell us you take up to 10 mgs per day? That is 5 bars, you started on a quarter of a bar and ended up to five a day. That is because they have a small half life and you build a tolerance very quick thus making them very addictive.

I would also like to add that stoners actions while high aren't very glamourous either bro and many stoners come off to me as couch potatoes or brain dead retards.

Last edited:

silveraks13

or a brain dead retard with alcohol,if it makes anyone feel good getting drunk after bottle of beer and xanax then your special :rolleyes:

100% agree! My personal story was not one to say that alcohol and xanax are cool. When I consumed the two the effect I was going for was not to get high but to get to the brain dead, literally, part. I guess I should have gone into a little more depth. I just wanted the original poster to know to be very very careful. Especially if you have suicidal tendencies.

doesit

100% agree! My personal story was not one to say that alcohol and xanax are cool. When I consumed the two the effect I was going for was not to get high but to get to the brain dead, literally, part. I guess I should have gone into a little more depth. I just wanted the original poster to know to be very very careful. Especially if you have suicidal tendencies.

people who want to kill themselves always find a way to do it properly,it seems you wanted to avoid the pain when dying.Hope you get the help or support now and are getting better.As for the above poster,i cant imagine doctor who would in his right mind prescribe benzo+opiates,unless its from the street,but then person can buy heroin instead and be happy or whatever they want to feel.Personally for me taking a benzo is a day ruined,its ok while you need it,but come evening and your going to bed at 8 o clock as theres nothing else you want to do and energy levels are at zero,yes its addicting but not more then cigarettes or coffe.As someone said if someone invented the pill that makes you feel good and normal it would become the most addictive thing in the world,thats what we have here,but most people skip the part where you have to stick to the regime that you were put on the first place.

sullyS25

There are plenty of doctors that prescribe benzos and opiates together, you have to know which ones to go to. If you think the medical business is all about ethics you are mistaken. There are doctors out there that will write prescriptions to anyone for any drug because they are all about making money not helping their patient. Not only that if one doctor won't prescribe you opiates and benzos at the same time you can go to one doctor for anxiety and go to a different one and complain about pain. It is called doctor shopping. Combining Benzos with methadone is much cheaper than buying Heroin and that is why drug addicts get on methadone for very cheap and start taking benzos...it is MUCH cheaper. Caffeine and cigarettes are very addictive, yes. Benzos will kill you much faster if you abuse them. That is why they get a bad rep. Say what you want about the moral character of people that abuse them, the truth is that they are out there and always will be.

Im not saying people shouldn't consider using benzos as a treatment for anxiety. I am saying they should educate themselves about the dangers that can come as a result of abusing them and stay away from them if they have an addictive personality. If you can take them as they are prescribed....then they might be a good option.