Alone or Crowd

xDreamseller

I've noticed that a lot of people on here seem to prefer being alone (introverted or scared of social situations) but do any of you actually prefer being in a crowd?

I much prefer being in a crowd. I feel less pressure to fit in, as I can feel lost among everyone. I felt great walking around New York City at night, yet I would be scared to death walking down the road I live on at night. (I live in the countryside where it's very quiet) I attribute this to when I was robbed a few years ago when I was about 14. (After which I became much more shy and haven't walked anywhere alone since without feeling like every other group of teenagers is "out to get me")

I had been walking from the bus station, back up to school (On school grounds, my school connected to the station, via a path around the rugby pitches) with a good friend of mine, when 4 guys jumped me. I consider myself lucky though, they didn't really injure me badly. Just a few punches/kicks. Ever since I've been scared when alone though.

MikeyC

I would prefer to be alone, but crowds don't bother me too much for the same reason you mentioned: getting lost among everyone.

Sorry you were robbed. ::(:

xDreamseller

Ehh, it's ok. I remember I actually laughed about it, as the friend I was with took me back to school to get cleaned up. I don't know why I laughed...it was kind of surreal I guess. That's the only thing I remember about it now.

I'm more annoyed at the after effects it had on me, to do with my social paranoia and anxiety though.

Jes

I prefer alone but that's also because I am terrified of not being around a free bathroom so more people means more occupied restrooms lol

Boby

I don't have a problem with crowds but it depends on my mood if I will enjoy being in a crowd,if I'm in a good/party mood than yeah I prefer a big crowd ,the more the better.

LittleKitty

I'm used to large crowds, I love and hate it. Though, I prefer small crowds, this way I can easily read everyone around me. I like being around people I know well, other then that I like being alone. Though, not completely alone, I just like to keep my distance. =D

Eristelle

Alone. I don't have to worry about my anxiety driving me insane. I have a fear of people, and being around one could trigger a really bad anxiety attack.

O'Killian

Between being alone and in a crowd, I'll pick alone every time. I've always been antsy around large groups so that's a no-go. Ideally, I'd be in a small group.

If I do have to be in a crowd for whatever reason, I vastly prefer to have one or more companions.

Kiwong

Alone or in a crowd are both fine by me.

It is communicating with individuals or small groups that is hard for me.

HeadFace

It depends... If you're talking about alone in a public place vs being in a big crowd.. Then I prefer a big crowd. Eating alone can be very stressful sometimes too.

Meggy0001

Hmm... there are times where I want to be alone, like seing everyone getting along and tlaking and stuff makes me really miserable so being somewhere a lone is better. However, there are times I just can't satnd being on my own and I feel better being around other people. Also, being in a crowd does put less pressure on me, I don't have to say to much and hardly anyone notices :D so yeah it kind of depends