Alone for 4th of July?

HeadFace

I'd stay home...
I was invited out for this guy's birthday party (also on 7/4). He's kind of my friend but he's kind of a dick to me at times. Even though a friend of mine was going, I kind of realized that there would be too many people there and I'd probably feel awkward. I'm not a peoples person obviously..
So I just ended up saying something came up and I can't go.

Maybe the fact that I was invited somewhere (even though I didnt show up) makes it easier for me to be alone today. Oh well. I'll enjoy the day with oreo's and coffee.

Kiwong

I ran a half marathon with 8000 people on the 3rd July, and spent the 4th July in busy airports and packed planes flying home. No I wasn't alone.

vexatiousmind

I spent all day cooking for my family, but my grandma can't eat b/c she is having a colon exam tomorrow. My dad didn't show up, and my brother didn't eat anything I made. At least my grandpa liked it.

Anyway I am exhausted, would rather have done nothing.

And there is a burn ban, so no fireworks......

HeadFace

I spent all day cooking for my family, but my grandma can't eat b/c she is having a colon exam tomorrow. My dad didn't show up, and my brother didn't eat anything I made. At least my grandpa liked it.

Anyway I am exhausted, would rather have done nothing.

And there is a burn ban, so no fireworks......

Ah. That sounds disappointing. But hey, at least you had something to do. I'll probably be online all day unless by some miracle I find something else to do.
Oh and come cook for me. I'll appreciate your food :D

Lostinthemusic

I spent the day of the 4th trying to hang out with some friends of my roommates. The plan the whole weekend was to go to a party and watch fireworks. Last minute I bailed and ended up lying in my bed listening to the illegals coming from everywhere around me. I remember not feeling that bad though for some reason.
I would totally cook. :)

MaliceInWickedland

I don't mind being alone for the 4th of July. I actually prefer it. Usually I'll just spend the day watching my favorite movies until it gets dark enough for the sky to be lit up with fireworks. Then I'll walk over to the local park, sit on top of one of the hills there, lay down in the soft cool grass, and marvel at the exploding lights in the sky all by myself.

Loneliness has never been so relaxing and beautiful :)

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Yep!

I'm having a party anyway. I'm going to blow stuff up, and grill, and maybe do a small bonfire. Also music. Did I mention the explosions? I'm excited. :thumbup:

I've noticed that a lot of people on this board don't seem to enjoy fireworks. It's funny--I never used to until I got older. Not sure what happened there. :idontknow:

tumblr_n819p4IZqS1sw9hefo1_500.jpg

shyflower

I usually make the best of my holidays. No phone call or text from anyone?? I don't really care.. because since I love the outdoors and I love gardening.. I will be working there most of the day and then later this evening I will be listening to my favorite music and will probably find an online fireworks show. Those are the best because no noisy large crowds, no standing outside with bugs zoomin around your head, etc. It's not always about being out around people to have a good time.. I can recall many a time I went out around people and it was no fun at all. I will be needing those headphones full of music though.. most definitely because the neighbors have their SCREAMING grandkids in the pool.... :thumbdown: