All is good but suddenly i sink into depression

Honda

For the past 6 months i changed aloot in my life... I have become confident, fun, sociable, people want to be with me... I started boxing non-stop, im on a food diet to stay fit and healthy, i learned salsa, met several girls, managed to handle failure and criticizm perfectly well.. Failure never let me down and i finally signed up for a masters degree for my future.. I have to say all is going well..

but suddenly today i sunk into a horrible and deep form of painful depression... It hurt me alot and started zooming into all the negative things in life... It hurts alot that literally, i felt my chest ache alot, like my heart is gonna stop or such... I never felt this horrible in my life, with all of the hardships in the past... It doesnt make sense for me to suddenly collapse for no reason.. WTF? I wana go back to track and focus again on where im going, i cannot afford to suddenly fall like this..

T T T

It is probably just a one off, everyone has bad days.
Have you been alone today? Have you been listening to some sad music, watched a sad drama show/film? Have you eaten propely?

Everyone has days where they feel depressed and they can see no way out, but chances are you will be feeling great again next time you go out and meet your friends.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I know it might sound stupid but it happens to me a lot and what I do is make sure I will feel better when I wake up the next morning. So even though I feel like crap, I force myself to eat healthy food during the day even though I'm not hungry, go for a bike ride, try to stay away from the computer (I usually fail at this one), clean my place if I have the energy or at least make it looks like it's clean just to not have the depressing thought "my place is a mess" when I wake up the next morning. I take vitamins, don't drink alcohol or take any drugs during the day, listen happy music even if I'm totally in the mood for dark music, and go to bed early to make sure I get up early the next morning to be able to have morning light.

So... that was my recipe against depression episodes. Use it or don't. :p

Niteowl

I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah, hopefully it's just a one-off, unfortunately we all have them some time. I was feeling pretty bad about something last night, but looking back it's probably because I was listening to some excellent but slightly sad music. Normally, the thing that happened wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest, yet last night I couldn't sleep for a long time because of it. This morning I was feeling great!

I'm impressed with how you changed your life by the way, boxing in particular sounds great. You'll be alright, I hope you continue to improve your life in that very way. Good luck.

Honda

It happened for me last week aswell but it wasnt that aggresive, it felt bad for an hour and i felt the same yesterday for like 30 mins.. but suddenly it poured really heavily on me today... I even thought of killing myself... It felt really bad and i dont want to venture to such as thing because nothing is wrong in my life.. It scared me.. And it doesnt make sense to feel bad for nothing..

Last edited:

tovoxy

I'm really sorry to hear that, i've bipolar disorder, so i have to face depressions a lot.
Depressions can come back sometimes(if you had them before). The best thing for you right now is communication.
Talk to your family and friends about it, try to avoid being alone. Stay busy with different work that keeps your brain occupied.
If this still won't help you could also get help from a doctor, just don't let the depression take over or get progressively worse.

B

Beatrice

I know it might sound stupid but it happens to me a lot and what I do is make sure I will feel better when I wake up the next morning. So even though I feel like crap, I force myself to eat healthy food during the day even though I'm not hungry, go for a bike ride, try to stay away from the computer (I usually fail at this one), clean my place if I have the energy or at least make it looks like it's clean just to not have the depressing thought "my place is a mess" when I wake up the next morning. I take vitamins, don't drink alcohol or take any drugs during the day, listen happy music even if I'm totally in the mood for dark music, and go to bed early to make sure I get up early the next morning to be able to have morning light.

So... that was my recipe against depression episodes. Use it or don't. :p

Sounds good. I need to do this. I give in to my depression way too often.

Honda

This is stupid, i never want to over-react over some depression like this.. I will never allow myself to fall for such a thing ever again. Its like drowning yourself with super destructive misery. I fear it will consume me again and cripple me. Depression is not the problem rather the fact it made me lose my focus and collapse.

I still feel like sh1t until today but not as bad a yesterday but still bad. I cannot speak to family members about it, they dont understand me or get it.

I cant afford talking to anyone, everybody will not understand or say get your head straightened; some people view it as cowardice, weakness and such the only place to express freely is here. I dont believe in therapy they are rip off bastards..

I dunno whats wrong with me, maybe theres something wrong, ive been ignoring for the past few weeks and how i just opened my eyes and realized how horrible it is that i denied this problem.. Still thats alot of irrational depression and i dont want to live with it..

Last edited: