Afraid To Change?

Rodney

Is anyone afraid to change their SA ways to the point where they tell themselves they don't want to change and are content with the life they live (a life of solitude)? Just wondering...

Last edited:
I'm not sure about myself personally... but I would definitely say yes, people are afraid to change when it comes to just about anything. They get stuck in a "comfort" zone that, even if it's not all that comfortable, seems better than venturing into something that's as yet unknown.

I think beating SA is tough for people because it's a combination of not knowing exactly how, and being scared even if you do have an idea.

crestfallen.

I'm somewhat afraid to change, if only because of how much SA's become ingrained into my lifestyle. Since it's become a part of who I am, change would be difficult and painful. It's hard to break free of something when once it becomes a part of our identity and a part of the way we live. However, there comes a point where the risks of not changing and resigning oneself to a life devoid of interpersonal relationships can eventually outweigh the risk of changing and attempting to break free from it.

Oscelot

Absolutely not. I might be a little uncomfortable being all of a sudden talkative and whatnot, or I might end up missing my old self, but that's nothing compared to all the stress that we go through daily.

PennyLane

I've been wondering about this too..i've seen loads of posts from people saying they are fine, happy, as they are and things along that line...I keep thinking is this really true!

Personally I really crave change, I dont like to be in the same place or doing the same thing for too long....and I'd DEFINITELY want to change my SA!

dream

Yes i want to change i just don;t hve the energy or motivation i dont like my life im pathetic and lonley and i don't no how to get out of this visicous cycle to nowhere ville!!

Sinar_Matahari

I used to be afraid of change, and I still am to an extent, but I am not too afraid to change myself. I want to change and see a need for it. I can't wait for things to be different.

recluse

I'm deeply unhappy being the way i am yet on the contrary i feel that if i change i will cease to be me and instead i will turn into a sheep like everyone else. I want to be me but a confident me.

EgoZero

Yeah, I am afraid to make changes. Especially something very noticeable like change my hair style or something like that, because I am afraid to attract more attention from others.

WelshOne

I want to get better, but sometimes the thought scares me. I guess maybe it's similar to some prison in-mates who start to fear their release date. Sort of.

I really don't want to turn into a different person to what I am now, in terms of values and morals. I worry that having a group of friends may influence me into certain stereotypes. Such as your regular sex-craving lad who oggles women on the street. I don't want to be like that at all. That's not the man I want to be. I hope that, if I do gather a group of friends when I start college next week, I am mentally resiliant enough to be my own person, not what other's influence me to be. I think I am, and having this self awareness should give me a helping hand, too :)

Last edited:
i dont have SA anymore but i never felt that i wanted to not change once i found out what it was i set about going to fix it as soon as possible, but over all i dont like change with anything really i like the same things and how things are. I was only tellin me uncle the other day how i dont like change cause me room is been changed around now i hate it, it takes me ages to accpect change and like them or to change from on thing to another i dont know why i'm like this I suppose i guess its cause i had SA and people with SA like things that are familiar to them.