Accidently took too much medication

chris11

Hey. I took 60mg by accidnet, instead of my regular 20mg. I had a headache, and grabbed the wrong bottle. Am I ****ed?

Remus

Staff member
Read the instruction leaflet, I should think it's pretty harmless being a SSRI.

NP88

Im guessing they start you off with a higher does than you normally take. It was that way for me when I was on antidepressants. So in that sense you should be alright. Not that they;re all the same in the way they function but I would think that you would be fine aside from feeling somewhat strange. In the end it's up to you of course. Just make sure you monitor how your doing. You may feel a little strange but if you are sincerely worried and feel something is wrong then don't hesitate about seeking some medical help. My opinion is just take it easy, relax and know that if you feel awful or strange or upset emotionally that it should pass.

chris11

Hey. I'm fine. I haven't noticed any effects that I could reasonably attribute to having taken 3x my normal dose. I didn't get any sleep, but I usually don't anyways.

kristina303

I took 7 Zolofts once. Which is also an antidepressant. I felt sick but nothing happened. You'll be alright.