4th Grader commits SUICIDE because of bad grades

gsmax5

Student Commits Suicide Over Bad Grades | Asian Correspondent

What has the world come to?

Society puts way too much pressure on its people. This pressure is unnatural, and unnecessary. I bet people are more afraid of failing a class than they are of breaking a limb. The reason being that failing a class affects you for the rest of your life; it can cause you to never be successful.

IMO, a person should always be judged by his current status, and not by his past history.

I remember contemplating suicide because I got a "C" in 4th grade social studies. My parents were so mad, and they made me feel like absolute shit when they were yelling at me. The day my parents got that report card might have been the worst day of my life. I remember thinking about shoving a knife through my heart, and "going to heaven" where I would be free of all my problems.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Things like this make me very sad. Those kids are probably very smart, very talented, yet they feel like they can't do anything right. And those kind of parents who treat their children badly over school stuff, they can go to hell... I don't know if they deserve being called "parents". Their children are worth more, much more than some school work or some stupid exam... They are people, not working machines. They deserve to be treated with love and respect. They study for their own good, not to please their parents. A lot of parents are such selfish idiots who only think about themselves rather than their child's feelings and needs (or at least, to me, it seems they act that way and they don't care) They sicken me...

Noca

Banned
Getting a "C" average in high school along with losing my gf, my dog, my friends, and having my parents threatening to kick me out, n failing to get into university happening all at once, caused me to make my first attempt on my life back in '05. edit: not to mention a life of abuse and bullying

I'm now doing much better, in college with an "A" average and soon to go to university.

Last edited:

losttroy

Jeez! How old are kids in grade 4 anyway?? 7, 8? Where the heck did they get so depressed that they would have the will to end their lives??

I have heard of some Asian cultures having suicidal customs when a serious dishonor has been inflicted on them. But that chit is stupid too. So long as you breathe, there is a chance to make things better. Remember that.

Yeah, I've heard that suicide in Asian culture is strong because of dishonor/shame. I also remember tales of samurai warriors doing exactly that - seppuku - part of their code of honor.

Last edited:
U

userremoved

I read somewhere that Japan has the highest suicide rate in the industrialized world. Its scary to think that a culture would at one time encourage that type of behavior. And anyone who does encourage that is a murderer.

losttroy

Indeed so, jneal. Perhaps it is just a matter of cultural perspective that makes us feel either okay about something like this, or sickened. Personally, I reiterate my original thought about suicide.

No matter what culture you are bourne, some things just aren't right, no matter if someone out there "thinks" to the contrary! I mean, what about harems in the Middle East? Women are property, for all intents & purposes, and people there are frickin okay with that??

What a world we live in hey, mates?

Last edited:

johnny 85

I read somewhere that Japan has the highest suicide rate in the industrialized world. Its scary to think that a culture would at one time encourage that type of behavior. And anyone who does encourage that is a murderer.

theres actually a forrest in japan where ppl go to commit suicide. its the world's second most popular suicide location after San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge. for some reason , some of the bodies are left there. heres a link if anyone is interested (beware graphic images) bosque de Aokigahara Usagi y jay’s Weblog

theres actually a forrest in japan where ppl go to commit suicide. its the world's second most popular suicide location after San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge. for some reason , some of the bodies are left there. heres a link if anyone is interested (beware graphic images) bosque de Aokigahara Usagi y jay’s Weblog

Oh yeah, I read about that recently. Pretty disheartening. The bones of people are still scattered everywhere, which I'm confused about.

Honda

No denial our world has become more demanding to perfection and you get pressured from all directions... But parents are responsible for raising their kids to be able to face this world... Parents arent perfect either yet they try their best...

In my society, parents strictly disciplining their kids as in beating your kid isnt considered illegal.. Of course they'll arrest you if they find out you're abusing, bruising and whooping the living shit out of your kids..

My dad beat and yelled at me several times for my grades so did my friend's and it really got me to feel the severity of my mistakes.. But he never pressured me to the extent of suicide... I mean "Physical pain is silly compared to Mental pain"...
He doesnt beat me out of rage or insanity but trying to show me how much of a big deal it was..
He never locked me in a room or shoved my face in a book but he used to negotiate for higher grades, as in: get a "B" if u want me to buy u that toy otherwise forget it!!
I never hated him and it never made me feel depressed or confused or hated my life.
He is good to me and always tried to give me the best in life, always helped me and showed me love... Instead i used to laugh with friends about the fact i pissed the shit out of my dad last nite..
The problem comes when some parents are stupidly desperate to push their kids to get grades to the extent or killing their inner soul.. I have some of that in my society but thank God my parents arent that type.. Hell! slap me around but dont tell me to sit and study..

Sometimes i wish he gave such attention to other stuff, id be twice the man i am right now.. Cuz my real problems was my panic from bullies and they kill you're spirit.. My dad couldn't help me with this but had to learn hard and slow.. as a matter of fact i still fear them alot till now...

Most of us got beaten at least a dozen of times during out life time but it never killed our soul, our parents used to want us to be alive from the inside instead of having a dead soul and brag with around our with an "A"..

Lonelykitsune

I remember reading somewhere about an ad on the back of a manga for somthing to help you get 100 per cent in exams.It should a little cartoon strip about a student all sad they only got 99.4 percetn rather than 100 and getting all depressed til they found this product.This was a kids manga so there is defintly more pressur for them ovr there.Poor kid .

Lonelykitsune

Was looking on info for that thanks.Apparantly compasses go weird their (probably due to iron ore in nearby caves)I want to visit it some time.,not for suicide,just looks intresting and eerie.thanks for posting it

Phil_i

Why do people always say "what has the world come to?" as if things are somehow in decline...

DarkSeeker

Why do people always say "what has the world come to?" as if things are somehow in decline...

Yeah that's right, with the all the new technologies that give us an easy access to world wide communication we are barely starting to touch the underdeveloped emotional side of human nature. Just think about how low the emotional quality of life was only a 100 years ago if not 50. We're barely getting out of the Stone Age I'm telling you.

If anything we are only becoming more aware that something is horribly wrong with the way we raise our kids. The instruction, [clears throat], excuse me the education system is in need of some serious overhaul.