34 Year Age Difference.

galigator8509

I am nineteen years old, and my boyfriend is fifty three.

I met him when I was horseback riding, and never really expected to see much of him after that. But me being friendly would always say hi to him, when we would both be at horse events, since we both ride. And I went away on vacation for a two weeks, and got his phone number, to ask what his address was so I could send him a postcard, and then we just started continually talking. At first neither of us thought about a relationship with each other, but then I was the one who started getting feelings. Figuring it would never happen because he is so much older.

After a couple weeks I sent him a text saying something like: "I know your 51, and your probably married, but I really like you. And I know your probably never going to want to talk to me again, but I had to tell you." Well he replied with something like: "Im actually 52, and no im not married. And I dont want to stop talking to you." So we didnt stop talking, and we kept getting to know each other. And he even told me, that at first, he didnt expect a relationship, and he wasnt even looking for one with me because I was so much younger.

Then, one night I went to drop his horses off with him, and we spent hours in his truck just sitting there and talking to each other, and we did get a little physical. But it was such an amazing time.

And then I would just start going to see him at his house when he got out of work, and things of that nature.

Anyway, eventually we started dating, and have been together ever since. My parents dont care, and like him very much, and we have been together for a year and five months [on January 5th.]

I know that a lot of people are going to have their opinions on here, and say im a gold digger, or something about him being sick, or a pedophile.
I just want you to know he isnt full of money, and thats not what im after.
And he is not sick, or a pedophile. I am an adult, and it is legal in everyway.
I didnt even know that this relationship was going to take place, but I am very glad it did, because I couldnt be any happier. He really is the nicest guy, and I love him more than anything. We both love each other, care for each other, and make each other happy. And we both plan on being together for as long as we can see.

And id really appreciate that people wouldnt make rude comments.
You have yet to meet either of us, and we are both actually great people.

You really cant help who you fall for, and he definitely is the best man ever, and treats me with such respect, and cares very deeply for me.
There is no age limit when it comes to love.
And I thank God for bringing him into my life.

THIS IS MY LOVE STORY, AND FAIRYTALE ENDING!
I love my boyfriend!!! :) <3

fitftw

love has no age. Congrats and good luck. I'm surprised though, that your parents are fine with it. If I was with a 60 year old woman, my parents would definitely not approve (they aren't even 60 yet)

Phoenixx

You're right, there is no age limit when it comes to love and I don't see why some people think there has to be. I'll admit, I was surprised your parents were okay with it (I know my parents wouldn't be!), but it's great that they are. I'm glad you two are very happy :)

Aussie_Lad

Good on you. I wish you all the success in the world. Hope you don't mind people thinking he is your dad though.

GoBlue72

"the heart wants what the heart wants"....cliche, but you see it happen all the time. I believe some people are old souls and others are young souls, projecting maturity different from most people their ages. I think society feels uncomfortable about age differences that are bigger, because they feel the younger person is being taken advantage of. As long as that's not the case, I think it's great. I also think people worry that the younger person will have a harder time dealing with potential breakups, if the experience level in relationships is much different. But with me, I'd bet in most cases if I dated an 18 year old girl(I'm a 38 y.o. guy), they'd have the same level or more experience in dating than me. So unless my biological age has given me experience in some way, we wouldn't be that different.