2010: Failures and accomplishments thread

AGR

lost some weight.
returned to my old boxing gym,helped my confidence.

thats about it,so little.

failures-
put some weight after losing
I am not studying like I want,want to remember things so maybe I can go back to school.

2010 accomplishments:

-Lessons:
''I need to find self acceptance, to feel relaxed around people, and have faith in other people and trust myself, that nothing will go wrong''.

''I need to push myself a little, because It will only make myself happier, If I reached my goals''.

Things i've done:
*Traveled by bus (haven't done that in a very long time)
*Visited Amsterdam, Auditioned for X factor with a friend, although I didn't make it, I'm happy I proved myself, while having SA!
*Performed with my mom's band, on stage.
*Partipucated in Jam sessions, singing.
*Stayed in Mental Hospital for 6 weeks. To get a new diagnose and threatment.
*Met new people, in real life, a family member, I see him as my ''Brother'' now.
*Been on holiday in a park , included a theme park, I've visited the theme park everyday, Sooo damn busy, but I did it!
*ignored the messages from a person who did broke my heart.
*Told ALL my friends about my Sexual Orientation.
*Meeting up with an old friend.
*Been to a festival in the city with my friend.
*Ordered drinks at a restaurant.
*Viewed a house yesterday, I may be living there in the future, with housemates, and coaches, i said Hi to the people who are living there, and I asked lots of questions.
*Helped my brother with his presentation. (i love organize things)
*Asked help, now I'm able to get therapy soon, and I can finally be in school again soon!!

Failures:
*Not yet in school, I can't wait to study again!
*Panic attacks this year
*Still insecure about my appearance, didn't find self acceptance yet
*Have been avoiding stuff, still homebound, I can't wait to change my life!

Goals of 2011:
-Have the most great year ever!! ;)
-Be in school again.
-Live on my own, with coaching.
-Abroad my life as a musician. example: singing in a band.
-visit another country
-be more outgoing, meet up with friends more, go out.
-Find a nice hobby club, or sport. or take acting lessons:).
-Finnish my first book. (I'm writing about SA:))
-Have my first job. (Never had one because of my sa ::eek::)

Last edited:

Daz

Goals : None that really stand out. (I can't think of any at all ::eek::)

Failures : Lost my job and I'm struggling to look for work.

eggpod

After avoiding it last year, I went to the works Xmas party, got a bit drunk and actually danced. Very unlike me, but I really enjoyed it. I'm lucky to work in a small company and the people I work with are really nice. Hoping that we can arrange regular company outings (like bowling) next year. The more exposure I get, the better.

EscapeArtist

I think that demands an applause.
You are really pushing yourself! And doing so well too.
Thought I should mention that when I saw you in person you did not seem like you even had anxiety problems anymore (Not saying that you don't, but you seemed more relaxed)

I now understand that red sweater. And, do it! Remove the bed! Because sleeping on the floor is actually a lot better for your body anyways, once you adjust.

Have to applaud you also for singing karaoke... That is mind boggling to me.

I wouldn't mind doing some exposures with you if you're up for it? Or is the point of exposure to go it alone...? Hm

EscapeArtist

After avoiding it last year, I went to the works Xmas party, got a bit drunk and actually danced. Very unlike me, but I really enjoyed it. I'm lucky to work in a small company and the people I work with are really nice. Hoping that we can arrange regular company outings (like bowling) next year. The more exposure I get, the better.
:D Nice job man

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Accomplishment: finished with success a very hard, stressful and socially demanding formation that led me to have a very successful (stressful) and well paid job in a remote area.

Failure: Lost this job after 6 months. Back in the city in a small apartment with no job, playing the hermit. lol... ::(:

HH

Accomplishments: Brought my first house, moved out of my folks house, finally got my old website redesigned and sorted, passed the 2nd section of my course, starting to slowly get my s@!t together

Failures: Still stuck in my crappy job, still lonely and single : ( ,still don't have many friends,

Goals for 2011: Get a better job, get out more and meet people, maybe find romance, try and progress in my career.

xLindziex

Accomplishments:
-Getting used to talking on phones with strangers/unfamilar people
-Getting my driver's license! :D
-Directing a fellow SA sufferer to this site
-Made some new friends to talk to at school (not any to hang out with though =/ )

Now I just need to clean my room :rolleyes:

Failures:
-Still haven't learned to play my guitar that I've meant to do since the 9th grade.
-Not having the "high school experience" I wanted to have -it's my last year now.
-Not having enough self-confidence to wear the shirts of bands that I love for the fear that others will judge me based on the music I listen to
-Spending my money too freely without thought of the future
-Not applying for Bright Futures (scholarship), like my mom had wanted me to do, as well as other scholarships & financial aids -most of which the deadlines have already passed. All because of laziness.
-Not studying enough for Trig and never asking for help on the subject for the fear that classmates would think I was stupid for not understanding and telling myself that I could teach myself, when I most clearly couldn't. As well as barely passing the class with a low D.
-Not putting enough effort into my schoolwork as I should have.

Umm... I think that's enough of my failures of the year for now.

EscapeArtist

Accomplishments:
Started back at high school
Learning how to do things for me
Being open and speaking my thoughts honestly (around family, close friends. This was the first step.)
initiated hugs
Practiced showing and sharing emotion
Went to a meetup group
Sorted through my past
Ate at a restaurant alone
Developed trust. In self, natural law and balance
Have found a diet that leaves me feeling much calmer than usual, and certain causes of my anxiety/depression in my old diet.
Developed a want to challenge the fears, and an appreciation for them.
Become more comfortable with my appearance
Asking many strangers for the time, or when busses come.

Realizations:
That I am a person, that everybody is human and that nobody is superior to me
That I can live a simple life and that much is not needed
SA is an obstacle that can offer me self growth, not an "illness"
Failures? Realizing that they do not exist.

Things that have yet to be accomplished.

Having an actual conversation with a stranger
Getting a job, or simply handing out resumes, which is now crucial
Volunteering
Never made the phone call to work on that farm. Think it's too late, both year and time of day, now...
Still struggling with positive thinking and gratitude
Haven't sold drum kits, too afraid of craigslist, or to get them tuned.
I still live in the future, and in my head.
I am still overthinking and intellectualizing, although dramatically less so.
Still relying on technology and unable to accept my life as is.
Still have myself persuaded that I do not like people when rather I do not like my tendencies around company.

Have a long ways to go

Bustn Justin

Failures this year.

*Stopped going to the gym (due to illness)
* make new guy firneds (they just want to use me for something)
* start dating women ( the girls I met are not intersted in me)

Guess for 2011 I will be:

*Going back to the gym and build muscle
* Find an activity to be around other people to sociallize with
* Give dating another go
and * Spend more time out of the house.

missjesss

Banned
EscapeArtist

Good on you !

you sound like you have made excellent progress what meet up group did you go to by the way?

missjesss

Banned

Failures:

Stopped going to the gym only for a month or so now
Could not stick to my guns and break it off with my ex bf I kept going back to him
Not going to see a therapist sooner

Accomplishments:

Pulling myself out of another rut that I got into when I finally broke it off with the ex & getting the right help I needed

Learning a different approach in healing myself rather then relying on meds to assist with the "symptoms"

Changing the way I think about myself and things

Accepting the past and present

I have been in my job for more then 2 years now

Going to a club sober and dancing

Making the effort to chat with strangers

Being able to be myself more and more around close friends and family even with some people I don't really know to well

Slowly starting to worry less about what other ppl think of me

Yet to be achieved

Accepting myself fully

Going to an assertive speaking class

Going back to study

Getting my drivers licence back

going to the gym in shorts!

being able to stand my opinion and assert myself properly in public

supaflyz

Biggest failure: failing a class and better passing other classes. When I was little I was always consider to be the smart one by my family and relatives. That was true until a particular semester. I didn't have many friends. Met this great girl who I thought was nice. Turns out she didn't like me that way. I was depress for awhile. Ending up failing a class, and that went all downhill from there. School was the only thing that I thought I was good having SA. Then my life took a different direction. Turn to a different major.

Accomplishment (s): Hoping to get into a particular school so I could graduate already and start working. My SA got better.

PhogPhaithful

Accomplishments:
-Lost weight
-Asked a girl out
-got help from a counselor

Failures:
-haven't picked a major
-haven't started writing/painting like i wanted
-didn't get good grades this semester
-many other missed opportunities

EscapeArtist

Hey thanks jess :) You have had some dramatic progress too, it seems! Making the effort to chat with strangers, being able to be yourself, finding a way to heal that isn't the temporary and unusual route of medication.. and changing the way you see yourself? Those are some big accomplishments. Way to go! :)

Aussie_Lad

Successes:
-Got my motorbike (LAM) license.
-Joined a hiking group and go hiking with them regularly
-Went horse riding for the first time since I was a child
-Met and talked with some random strangers
-After owning some turbo cars, I finally put the habit behind me and sold them off and bought something sensible.
- Reiki Level 1 attunement
-Able to better connect with my intuitive side.

Lessons:
- Tried to hook up with a girl that was with someone else (I was fairly convinced that she would be happier with me than him). After trying maybe a bit too hard, I finally realised that it is selfish to try and take anybody away from their partner. I also realise that it probably would have never worked out in the end anyway.
- I have my own free choice. If I don't want to do something then I don't have to do it, and I can feel totally comfortable about the choice that I made.
- I don't need close friends to be able to be reasonably happy with where I am in life.

Future:
- Study Jackaroo course at college
- Ask girl out when she comes back from overseas in the new year
- Go to Peru and the Amazon so I can experience the healing power and spiritual insight of Ayahuasca (if not 2011 then 2012).
- Being able to put my current job behind me and start a completely new chapter in my life
- Possible sale of my townhouse, so I can move into the country.

takethislife

+
-got my ID finally (not an accomplisment really)
-been to a couple of awesome concerts (not an accomplisment too)
-passed my semester at school (not 100% sure yet)
-registered on this site
-pretty much all i can think of right now
this is as close i get to calling sth an accomplishment

-
-almost no progress with SA
-pretty much everything derives from that fail