18 ugly truths about modern dating

Section_31

I have to say I cant disagree with most of this. Unfortunately. I see this a lot with women ive seen, and im in my 30s now.

what's interesting is that you'd think with the advent of online dating and sites like tinder casual relationships or "hook ups" would be more common..well WRONG...with more accessibility comes greater variety of choice, meaning one offsets the other anyway. I.e you have just as much chance of meeting someone and it working out the old fashioned way as online.

bcsr

Maybe it's the generation gap, but I don't find many of these apply to me at 30. I can see social media aspect at work all the time from the drama of other people bickering on facebook. I've begun to despise social media and internet culture in general. Maybe it's time to shut down my facebook and go off the grid, lol.

singing-love

I have (unfortunately) noticed many of these "truths" among my generation, what happened to the world where relationships are now like this? I mean it is a massive genralisation to say that all relationships are that way, but i can see how these things are more prominent in my generation then per say that of my parents or grandparents.

dannyboy65

Me being 18 and in the younger generation, see this stuff all of the time. When I was in relationships only one girl friend of mine liked to talk on the phone with me, the rest did but not a lot. I also had a few girlfriends cheat on me, hell I even had one dump me then be in a new relationship the next day. I also have to say most of those girls flirted with other guys on facebook and tried to hide it. I'm not only targeting girls here I know a lot of guys who are just horn dogs.

S_Spartan

Dating, and dare I say, relationships have become a hot mess! I don't even feel like trying anymore.

Sure, there are still good people out there but, unless you are lucky, you will have to go through A LOT of s*** like the article says to find them.

And getting involved with the wrong person can destroy your life.