Your future with hh.....

tictac

Hey guys.... Hope y'all are gr8 and looking forward to da summer...
Does anyone else often day dream about being famous? Cameras, interviews etc. Or even just becoming a successful business man or woman... And suddenly u remember the reality of ur HH... So sad ow something as frivolous as handshaking for evryday people is such a task for us.... I wonder if there are any celebrities with HH...

HH Assassin

Well there should be at least 1 out of every 100 celebrities out there with HH...Is it Brad? Angelina? Or maybe even BRANGELINA?! :eek::confused:

Anyways, I don't think about being famous...I used to when I was a kid. I wanted to be at least some kind of a neighborhood hero. I was in some bands but it was embarrassing to play guitar in front of people so they never really lasted long. A lot of my friends went on to play and get some notoriety at least in the LA area but not me...When I was younger it was hard to know I'd never succeed in that way...but I don't have a dream to play in front of people or anything anymore...Now I just want to be able to shake hands in any kind of setting. That'd be nice.

Today was crappy because we were setting up computers and stuff at work and my hands were way sweaty because I had an energy drink AND coffee earlier in the day. Well after we had set everything up for tomorrow and shut all the computers down there was one laptop left for everyone to use to clock out...there were people waiting behind me and the laptop is black and the keys and everything so it SUCKED having to mess up the keyboard and have someone clock out after me. Embarassing.

It would be an absolute dream not to have to worry about little things like these. They are so small and meaningless in the grand scheme of things but have a huge impact on me psychologically. I don't want fame or fortune...just peace of mind.

Mr_Drips

Well said HH assassin. I'd give anything just to be normal. I hate having to worry about small things like hand shakes, or when my hh will act up. It affects your self esteem, and it makes you go out of your way to avoid certain situations.

HH Assassin

How bout this...if you DID get rich and famous, would you be open about having HH? Would you be willing to be like a poster child for HH awareness?

I think most of us here would give of our wealth, time and effort towards a cure. But to come out publicly would still be difficult, right? Imagine...you'd be the butt of Jay Leno's (bad) jokes and stuff like that. haha

All this considered I think I would...I would totally tell the world about HH and invite all my HH compadres to be guinea pigs at my multi-million dollar research foundation.:cool:

tictac

Well Said Dude....No matter what we turn out to b in d future...i dont think ders any1 dat wont feel weird about saying sumfin or watever... Had a somewhat clammy day myself.... and i thought driclor was gonna b my miracle... damn!! ... About the coffee and energy drink thing.... I pretty much av one or even both everyday... does it make HH worse then?

Nicholas

I don't know, I'm just scared... the weather is starting to get warmer here, and I'm afraid I'll have to stay at home all summer and avoid going out... again. It is a goddamn social problem, I can't be "normal" and pretend there's nothing wrong. I'm still convinced it'll be a big problem for any potential girlfriend I could ever meet...
I just sweat too much, so I'm pessimistic about the future.

Sprawling

Nicholas: Just be open and honest WHEN you meet that future girlfriend. Tell her from the start about your HH. Inform her. If she doesn't go running off (which if she's attracted to you, she won't) you will learn to deal with it. When I was 19 and finally able to be in a relationship, I had so much fear what problems the HH would cause. Over time the HH subsided around the person I was with. When we had to go in public, sweat would pour out of my hands. WE both dealt with it. These days, I tell a potential partner from the start about my HH and it feels so much better. This way know from the start and if they are sweat phobic, they know not to get involved with me. I have been married, divorced and had girlfriends and the HH in the relationship has not caused any issues, except in my own head.