**** you

Luna1740

SA: Persistent avoidance and/or discomfort in social situations that significantly interferes with functioning.

I am one of you. I know how much it sucks. I know the feeling of not being able to breathe. I know that it kills you slowly. I know that it can make you feel worthless. I know that it strains relationships. I know that it makes it hard to smile on the inside.

But I also know that it's my life, and it's time to step up and fight. No more sitting alone. No more fear of the unknown. It might be masochism because technically in order to overcome this it'll take beating the **** out of myself (metaphorically), but this life is worth so much more when there are others in it. I'm not a slave to this. It can't share my brain anymore. It can't stop me because it's a part of me.

And as long as my heart is still beating (even though it will mostly feel like it is about to stop) I will stand and fight this, not just for myself, but as an example for all of the others, because what one man can do another can do. **** SA... it can't control me anymore... So I say bring it the **** on and do your worst, because I'm not scared of you anymore

dottie

KICK HIS ASS, SEABASS!!!!

seriously, though. good on you. there are people who have it way worse who don't let things get them down (this is what i remind myself). you can do it.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

**** **** **** mother ****ing SAD! (btw I just typed asterisks there). But really, go for it man. I've had similar runs of attitude. I just had a similar what... quasi epiphany like you wrote and this time I'm gonna make it stick. So rock on, luna.

Surrogate

The good thing about hitting rock bottom is, you know there's nothing worse than that. :)
Like I always like to tell myself.. sometimes the wisest people are the ones who have suffered the most horrible experiences.

Very courageous post, haha.

RolloTomasi

I took on that same attitude several years ago. It's a rush to stop being afraid and start being pissed off. I purposefully put myself into situations I knew would be difficult; going to a crowded bar on a weekend, going to see a movie by myself and even something as small as going to the mall and walking a couple laps around the place if I wasn't feeling up to anything bigger.

That was around seven years ago and I can happily say that I've grown by leaps and bounds. The anxiety may still be there, but I basically laugh at it now. It can still be annoying, but I just fight back instead of getting into a mindset of fear. Good luck to you! Don't give up and don't give in. Cheers.