You are ALSO ON DRUGS!!

Jo1991

YouTube - Making a Killing: The Pharmaceutical Industry 3/3

So, those of you that are taking anti depressant medication, or anxiety medication think again. There is no difference in what you are doing then those people that go on the streets to take some drugs. You are also on drugs, the only difference is that your drug is considered LEGAL because is a billion dollar market. So, I don't understand how people can be so quickly to judge others because they are doing illegal drugs when most of the illegal drugs were made in labs just like the PHARMA DRUGS. Also, I am not just talking about anti depressants......pain killers, tylenol, advil and all of those stuff are drugs......so isn't that being a little bit HYPOCRITICAL?
A chemical made in a lab by some scientist is not going to solve anything when in fact many pharma drug are known to cause bad side effects and have killed thousands and if not millions.

Last edited:

Rise Against

Is that true? did you feel like high from that adderall?

at first i did because i was taking way too much... All adderall is, is amphetamine salts. Its a hardcore stimulant, when i first started taking it i went 7 days without sleeping, but i felt wide awake and alert. I eventually developed a dependence and a tolerance to it even though i never abused it. Withdraws suck. But im over it now, i havent taken adderall for 7 weeks now. :) Ive also put on 20 pounds since ive stopped taking it. I hate adderall... all it is, brainwashing, mind controlling, zombie medicine. lol

j_brown2

Banned
7 days without sleeping? wow that's crazy. yea seems like the real deal, like cocaine then.Good to know that, if I ever take some meds or should I say drugs to be carefull and check out what it is, not just take it coz a doctor prescribed it. Well good to hear that your over it.

Jay Cataldo

This is a great thread. More people need to be aware that pharmaceutical drugs are not always safer than street drugs and just because your doctor says "they're ok" doesn't mean you should slack off on doing your own research.

Not to mention that doctors get kickbacks from the drug companies based on how "well" they push their pills, so every time you go fill your script and pick up a fresh bottle from the pharmacy, your doc gets hooked up (cash, cars, vacations, etc.).

But really, you gotta give them credit for running one of the greatest scams of all time: making a drug illegal (by saying it has no medicinal value) and then patenting a similar version (and saying THEIR version DOES have medicinal value) so they can make a killing by cornering the market.

Illegal = speed
Legal = adderall and ritalin

Illegal = marajuana (finally starting to be decriminalized)
Legal = marinol

Illegal = heroin
Legal = morphine, oxycodone and fentanyl (the most powerful opiate known to man... 80 times stronger than morphine)

Illegal = MDMA
Legal = prozac, effexor, wellbutrin, etc. (not exactly the same, but SSRI's jack up your serotonin in a similar way)

Illegal = GHB
Legal = xyrem (legal ghb... same exact chemical compound)

Illegal = crystal meth
Legal = desoxyn (legal crystal meth)

It's incredible how they get away with this. Really sad actually, but still fascinating.

Rise Against

As i mentioned above, i went 7 days without sleep while i was on adderall. Most nights i would only sleep for maybe 2 or 3 hours (if i was lucky) and then i wouldn't take it on the weekend and i would sleep for like 18 hours straight.

Riiya

I thought the point of the video was that mental disorders don't exist and that people shouldn't be taking mind-altering drugs at all? Why are you people so hung up on all the wrong things?

Meanwhile, please use the word "psychiatrists" rather than "doctors." I don't know what all those crazy psychiatrists are up to and I can't speak for them, but general practitioners make money by overcharging their patients and not by prescribing them unnecessary drugs.

Ehsan

using meds in a controlled way isn't similar to what drug abusers do it.
we can use or abuse everything such as a knife or weapon.

should we don't use them because they have abuse potential.

NormanBates

I guess doctors are just the ones who prescribe the dosage of your legalized meth, cocaine, etc. Otherwise you're an amateur doctor prescribing to yourself. ???

I guess when it comes to pharmaceutical companies and the war on drugs and sending soldiers to control the drug trade , it's really just another turf battle.

StonedBob

Isn't that a Scientology video?

Hahaha, I had the same exact feeling :D. So, I don't have SA, I have no anxiety in front of other people, that's just an invention of my psychologist...
I also have no depression, that's just my imagination...
I'm glad to know all this, to know I'm perfectly fine.

The difference between drugs you buy on the street and drugs you get from pharmaceutical companies is that you take the prescribed drugs for a purpose. Of course they have similar effects to street drugs! They're working on the brain messenger systems. The reason street drugs are illegal is that they are taken for the mind altering effects and for recreational use, and they are not needed by the person who is taking them. They have no clinical use. The person's brain is perfectly normal and they are altering it for the high.
Prescribed drugs, and I'm using drugs that work on the brain here, because they can be compared to street drugs, are prescribed because the person who needs them needs some system in their brain to be altered so that a dysfunction will be fixed.

I don't understand how you can compare street drugs and legal drugs, it seems completely obvious to me that the people taking the prescribed drugs need them because they have a problem, and street drugs are taken so people can get high. I'm not defending the money-grabbing capitalist pharmaceutical industry at all, but saying that "There is no difference in what you are doing then those people that go on the streets to take some drugs"...well I disagree.

StonedBob

The difference between drugs you buy on the street and drugs you get from pharmaceutical companies is that you take the prescribed drugs for a purpose. Of course they have similar effects to street drugs! They're working on the brain messenger systems. The reason street drugs are illegal is that they are taken for the mind altering effects and for recreational use, and they are not needed by the person who is taking them. They have no clinical use. The person's brain is perfectly normal and they are altering it for the high.
Prescribed drugs, and I'm using drugs that work on the brain here, because they can be compared to street drugs, are prescribed because the person who needs them needs some system in their brain to be altered so that a dysfunction will be fixed.

I don't understand how you can compare street drugs and legal drugs, it seems completely obvious to me that the people taking the prescribed drugs need them because they have a problem, and street drugs are taken so people can get high. I'm not defending the money-grabbing capitalist pharmaceutical industry at all, but saying that "There is no difference in what you are doing then those people that go on the streets to take some drugs"...well I disagree.

I completely agree with you Kayelle.
And the first video is just nonsense, telling us we don't have social anxiety.

Fictitious disorders? I would probably agree that some of these disorders are being overdiagnosed, but to say that SAD and bipolar don't exist!? I actually know a few people for whom bi-polar is very real, the ups are to the point where you act irrationally, and the downs are to the point of being suicidal. Yes, people do have normal ups and downs, but to deny that there can be abnormal mood swings is ridiculous.
But, I don't believe in the idea that drugs can cure everything. Maybe they can help you while you're being treated by counseling/therapy/etc., but taking drugs should not be the only thing treating your disorder. And, if you treat the underlying psychological cause for your disorder, then there should be a point where the drugs are no longer needed. Now, for some people this may take longer than others, but I don't believe that anybody should be on a drug "for life" for a psychological disorder.

Ehsan

if you had a severe SP you would know that it's not fictitious.
we all wish it was fictitious.