YAY! (Update to terrified to work again)

LeDiskoLove99

So after that first horrifying experience that I had last week with my new job I was really scared to go back to work, it took a lot to convince myself not to quit. Well I just had another shift, this time it was the night shift 10pm to 6am like I'm regularly supposed to have, and I must say it went REALLY well. Better than I expected, I worked with a buddy, because they tend to team people up and I really liked her, she was sweet and patient. And it was all around just so much better.

Except for the whole my body may explode at any moment thing. I'm not used to 8 sometimes 9 hours on my feet so it was.......a challenge, I went to the bathroom a lot because there's a chair in there and I sat haha. The girl I worked with probably just thought I had to pee a lot. But I managed and while my muscles are screaming at me I'm quite happy that I stuck with it!

Now it's all about getting my physical strength up. Ugh my poor.......everything. OUCH. :eek: After I finish my coffee I think it's time for a really long bath, because I don't think I could stand long enough to manage a shower haha. AUGH.

Anyway thanks to everyone who replied on my last post, you guys really did help cheer me up and push through the fear, so really thank you! :applause:

Section_31

good for you!!!! that's a HUGE thing you did by sticking with it!

k, you need to reward yourself now. do something for you!

Someone get LeD a drink!!! partyyyyyyY!

Raichel

Great job LeD! Good to hear you had a positive experience this time! I hope the next few times you go to work you'll have the same, if not better experience.

MikeyC

In time, you'll get your strength up and you'll be able to work eight hours without so much soreness. Good for you. :)

LeDiskoLove99

In time, you'll get your strength up and you'll be able to work eight hours without so much soreness. Good for you. :)

I hope so because my muscles are still yelling at me haha. I had to sneak little breaks while working, for like a minute at a time, I'd pretend to organize a shelf and sit on the floor until I felt a bit better and then get back up and do it again after an hour haha. And thank you! :)

MikeyC

I hope so because my muscles are still yelling at me haha. I had to sneak little breaks while working, for like a minute at a time, I'd pretend to organize a shelf and sit on the floor until I felt a bit better and then get back up and do it again after an hour haha. And thank you! :)
Before you know it, you won't need to take those little breaks. Bodies do improve and I know you'll be fine. :)