wow guys...

Sure_whynot

I hate my f**king life.

My mom thinks all of my problems are stupid & im only making them a big deal because im weak.

what the hell am i supposed to say to her when she says "you dont have cancer, nor a brain tumor. Your lives no over, get over it and move on!"

What the F**K do i say to that?

Seriously, what do i tell her? She has no f**king idea what i go through, yet she's the parent so she can say whatever she wants.

My social live IS over, and i'll never be completely happy with myself. or with whatever I accomplish in life.

Has this conversation ever happened to you?
Whats your argument?

Sacrament

What do you expect her to say? Everyone makes such a huge drama out of what parents say when they show some tough love. Problems have to be faced head on. If they sugarcoat it and say things like "oh it's okay, you can just stay at home and not do anything today", that's not going to help anything.

She's right, you know. It's not like you have a tumor or anything. Imagine if you did, if your life was actually at risk.

Baby steps.

Morgan01

My mom is always really rude to me about my feelings. I just try to ignore her and tell my therapist.. I have to just vent about it with someone else, Ive given up trying to get through to her about things it just makes me feel worse

cosmosis

Yeah I know what you mean.

It never helps when someone says, atleast you don't have this or that...or it could be worse. One thing I've learned is that pain is truly relative. I've experienced severe health problems and most of the time I would prefer that because the pain is more tangible, more real, easier to define ...and ultimately easier to deal with than the pain that social anxiety can give.

People always marvel at those who have cancer and wonder why they are so strong. That's complete bullshit because its from an outside perspective. You adapt to the realization of cancer within a matter of days and the pain is stabilized because its wholly defined. Social anxiety never is and it feels like it will never end unlike cancer.

g35

what kind of hyperhidrosis do you have? if it's the hands that's bothering you, give iontopherisis a shot, my hands are pretty much 99% dry, made me a happier person :)

mismeek

parents cant understand unless they are going through it too. ...you should just learn to ignore them. My mom and I get into this arguement all the time.. i just try to do things my way.

Errordotocx

Never did/have discussed feelings with my parents. Just never found a reason too. Only time I ever had too was when they found cuts on my arm when I used to cut myself back in early high school. But thats the past.

enchantress24

I think some parents live in denial. I know my mom does. The times I've brought up my depression, she makes it seem like I don't appreciate what I have and what they've done for me. I try to explain to her that it has nothing to do with them and that I'm not normal like everyone else and her response is, "No, you're not sick, I'm you're mother and mothers know better or you're just bored". My brothers just say I'm EMO.

enchantress24

EMO is more of like a style of dressing now more than being all emotional it seems.

Oh. I know and they know. It has nothing to do with the way I dress. They know I'm depressed and its their way of insulting me when they're mad at me. They use comments like, "why don't you just go to your room and cut yourself?" I'm the weird one in my family.

Noca

Banned
I had my parents see my therapist and psychiatrist and had them explain it to my parents about SA and depression.

Riiya

It's true my mom had no idea what I was going through when I was a teen, but that's because as a teen she was too busy trying to keep her younger siblings fed and clothed.

Compared to what she was going through, my SA-related problems seem petty at best. I sometimes wonder if half of us would still be here if we hadn't gotten so used to the middle-class lifestyle and took what we do have for granted.

Morgan01

Oh. I know and they know. It has nothing to do with the way I dress. They know I'm depressed and its their way of insulting me when they're mad at me. They use comments like, "why don't you just go to your room and cut yourself?" I'm the weird one in my family.

thats awful!!

Sure_whynot

What do you expect her to say? Everyone makes such a huge drama out of what parents say when they show some tough love. Problems have to be faced head on. If they sugarcoat it and say things like "oh it's okay, you can just stay at home and not do anything today", that's not going to help anything.

She's right, you know. It's not like you have a tumor or anything. Imagine if you did, if your life was actually at risk.

Baby steps.

I'll humor you... if my life was actually at risk, I'd either get better or die.
Either way, my problems would be solved. I'd take a 50/50, life/death, toss of a coin right now to decide if I lived a normal life, or dropped dead right here and now. Its as simple as that.

I understand tough love, but there's a time and place for it. I dont need a f**king drill Sargent as my only parent, I need a mother.

what kind of hyperhidrosis do you have? if it's the hands that's bothering you, give iontopherisis a shot, my hands are pretty much 99% dry, made me a happier person :)

I have it severely in my hands, armpits, and feet. + random other places at random times. Iontopherisis didnt work for me when I tried it =/ I got CS from it really badly. =/

WastedPotential

Yeah, I had the same problem with my family too -- still do sometimes, actually.

Just show them the wikipedia page for hyperhidrosis and show her that most people don't believe hyperhidrosis sufferers. You NEED to make her understand that you're not the way you are around her, you're not nervous, like you are when you're sweating!

Sure_whynot

You're a good guy, I think you have far too much going for you to let hyperhidrosis take over. Your friends will probably be more understanding than you think if you let them know, and remember you can always make adjustments, it won't be forever.

You really can't let it control you like this, because the mental issues of isolation is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. You have a life out there waiting for you, a really good one from what i've seen, and i'm sure the joy it will bring you will help ease the problems of hyperhidrosis. Don't let it win when you have so much to lose.

Thank you, Its just running me down. & I dont know how to fight back anymore. Nothings worked so far, and so far its been me against the world.

Yeah, I had the same problem with my family too -- still do sometimes, actually.

Just show them the wikipedia page for hyperhidrosis and show her that most people don't believe hyperhidrosis sufferers. You NEED to make her understand that you're not the way you are around her, you're not nervous, like you are when you're sweating!

Thats a good point, i'll try to talk to her about that huge aspect. Being in my living room with my family, is much different then being ANYWHERE else surrounded by people that I dont know. Much less other people that Im trying to win approval of, or girls that I want to notice me.

darknight

We need for people to listen to us somehow. Because if the people around us realize that we are hurting...then why can't our parents see it. No matter how old we are. We feel pain everday. This isolated pain that you can't really explain to anyone. I feel like there this silent code... especailly at skool... Like people want to help you but there has to be a reason why they can't. I sometimes wish people could read minds because the pain we can't express is either brought out on ourself or in other forms. Everyday is a struggle. When you feel by yourself thats when you feel the most helpless, lost, and afraid. I was almost crying reading these posts.

Cutting isn't the answer. like I said its hard to try no not bring harm upon yourself because somehow i think if people don't see physical evidence that your hurting then they won't take you seriously. Thats why with the amount of people we come by everyday... it chips away ...

When it gets to a point when you can't wear anything. depression, anxiety, and false hope develop....

Music is therapy... i hard to read the post where people have died. and yes they have... The point is is that society needs to take this seriously. Its not funny. its painful everyday.

It hurts to the point where when you want a hug or that physical connection with someone but its too painful. even with your friends.

Keep your head up. and yes the voices/ comments come and go... But eventually you don't hear them and you can sleep...

Has anyone developed a fear to the wind? sounds funny sometimes I think it is. make me even more awkward. lol

Keep your head up and remember. You not alone. :)

cm123

Sure_whynot

For about $10 you can build you own ionto machine. It works for about 99% of HH sufferers and you can use this as a temporary fix or permanent fix until you find something you like better. Either way though, this cure will work! You just have to start a regiment, I would do it for 45min daily for 4 weeks and then 45min once a week.

YouTube - Re: Cure Sweaty Hands, Palms, Hyperhidrosis, Hyperhydrosis

http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/how-i-cured-my-hyperhydrosis-for-free-12738/

I've already tried ionto. treatments, using that exact video actually. =/

It severely worsened the HH in my feet. To a point where my feet were peeling and stuff. It was pretty bad.

Do you or anyone else think that going to a professional place would change my results at all?

Does anyone know if I actually spent the money to go to a professional place,