Why not many avatars?

IWouldPreferNotTo

I been on a few other forums before and at all the other ones almost everyone uses an avatar (picture in your profile), but at this site almost no one has one. Why is this? I think it helps people remember the poster.

To add one, just find a picture you like, then go to this site to re-size the picture: http://resizepic.com/ then add it to your profile. Easy enough. No big deal, just thought I'd throw it out there.

coriander1992

Perhaps people just don't want to draw attention to themselves. A lot of people do get nervous about posting online. :)

I used to have a picture of myself, but then I thought it was ugly so I took it away. Now I don't want to put it back because I already took it off, but should I put it back? It's better than this big fat X.

Kien

I'm been curious about this too. People on forums should have avatars! :p Come on, get some! :} I love seal pups.

Your choice in avatar is another way to be judged, especially if you use your actual photo. I'm sure a lot of people on this forum don't want that.

I actually do use a real photo of myself for an avatar elsewhere, but not on here.

haze

yeah i guess for most people they dont want to show something they are interested in because it might be frowned upon. I never thought about why i dont have a avatar, same for every forum i am no signiture either, probably a combination of being to lazy to bother making one, feeling that it wouldnt be mine or unique if i didn't, being to much of a perfectionist with it (which is bad when you really suck at anything to do with art) and not being able to think of anything meaningful enough to use. I feel the same way about tattoos actully because i would really want one but im to lazy to find a good artist to do it, would want it to be to perfect, would worry what people would think and cant think of anything worth putting on me anyway.

PhantomPod

I was wondering this myself!

Everyone should add a picture of something they like or something that makes them happy. There's gotta be at least one thing. For me, Stephen Colbert makes me happier than practically anyone and anything, so I have a nice picture of him in my avatar.