Why I Love My iPod...

I recently bought an iPod shuffle and it was an absolutely brilliant decision. Anybody with SA should have an iPod or MP3 Player, or something! For many reasons!

You can't hear people:
I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather not hear people talking negatively behind my back, or if they're just insulting me in the street. I never leave the house without my headphones on full volume (though i think I've become dependant on them). That way, when i pass someone who i think might insult me, i just divert my eye contact to the ground - and if they comment on that...So what!!? I can't hear them so it won't damage me!

Its also helpful if you go out looking like crap and want to avoid everyone you know. You can use the excuse "I didn't hear you", if they decide to confront you about it - and you won't be lying! :)

My housemate is constantly bitching about me, and i can usually hear every word she says - and for the things i can't hear, i become paranoid. I really would rather not hear her bitching about me so the headphones usually go on whenever i hear her voice!

Then there's the Audio Books such as Paul McKenna and some CBT stuff.
I can listen to these when I'm in the gym aswell as motivational music. (Motivational music being Gigi D'Agostino and Guns'n'Roses! xD)

iPod - best invention ever!

JamieD

I've got a shuffle too :) I love my iPod. Plus, it gives you something to do with your hands/ fiddle with, in awkward situations. lol. ok that sounded slightly dodgy =/

Lonelykitsune

Totally agree,its been one of the few things keeping me sane this past year.Like at school,instead of looking like a loser not talking or doing anything,i can listen to my i-pod and look like im doing somethin instead,and i can mess with the headphones too.

But its a bad thing too,cos i guess it makes me more anti-social.

Agreed. I've got a next gen nano and I dont go anywhere without it. It's a great way to block everything out..in a way, listening to my fav jams whilst out and about gives me a little confidence...I don't drive with my headphones on tho.

nopark

I've got an iPhone and use it in the same way. And sometimes if I'm waiting in line somewhere, it's a great excuse to check my email instead of looking around awkwardly.

eski

I love my music so the mp3 player lets me get lost in the music and forget about everything around me :)

I listen to it when i cant sleep and I sometimes sleep with the music still playing

Jake123

Banned
I'd get disoriented from the ear imbalance and most likely end up falling on my face from tripping or bumping into things. Not being able to be aware of danger around me also kinda scares me since there could be hazards or psycho murderers around which I would blissfully be unaware of. Not to mention traffic! That's like asking to be roadkill here.

I'd get disoriented from the ear imbalance and most likely end up falling on my face from tripping or bumping into things. Not being able to be aware of danger around me also kinda scares me since there could be hazards or psycho murderers around which I would blissfully be unaware of. Not to mention traffic! That's like asking to be roadkill here.

You're evil! I'm gonna have to be extra cautious now! Then again - physical pains better than mental pain! Nobody ever killed themselves over a broken leg!

Shift

I get really paranoid when there are other people around me and I can't hear what they are saying... I only listen to my iPod when I'm driving or if I'm alone.

I love my ipod touch, at school I can surf on the net using wifi and when walking to go home i can lsiten to music, everyday!

eski

listening to music in a crowded and noisy environment such as my uni library puts me in my own little world where I don't care for anyone around me hahah

mrb

i use mine at the gym , im in a world of my own just me and my music .... iv got over 675 songs on mine unreal isnt it , a tiny thing like an i pod with that many songs jesus .......

anomicdeer

I do think an mp3 player is pretty good for us. Luckily I got an iPod as a present and I can turn it on when I get disturbed from great sleep because my sister is talking on the phone with somebody every night. I LOVE music but sometimes it's annoying that I have to walk up everyday from my sleep just so I can't hear her talking, but sometimes it doesn't help because I don't want to go deaf by turning the volume up so loud.

And...

I love my iPod.

Iseesky

I love my ipod for the same reasons you do and because it gives me something to do in the midst of what could be a really awkward situation! I usually arrive early for my classes at college and end up sitting on a bench in the hallway. Often times I'll see people who I've had classes with before, but I don't know whether to say hi to them or not. So awkward when you're both trying to figure out if you should say hi or not, and then when you do, the other person doesn't. Being able to look down at your ipod and change a song or be playing a game is awesome!

I can only listen to it in one ear though...I have to be able to hear if someone's walking up from behind me or if someone's calling me from down the hall. Unless I'm at home I only have my right earbud in at all times! :p

206Raider

Yes, I can go on long walks with my iPod for these same reasons, I know people can say dumb things to you when you are walking and with an iPod you can ignore that, my old neighborhood, everybody tries to hard to be tough, it didn't matter who I was with (becuase I was in the "popular" group in school) People would always drive by and yell stuff or throw stuff or pull over and try to fight. Happened too many times to remember, but now I don't live in a neighborhood like that but at times I'm still paranoid about that so I walk around with my iPod on and don't worry about it. I just love my ipod anyway, I don't know what I'd do without music?