Why do men *sigh* when they see a girl and then...

TooShyShy

No...just what it means for men when they are doing that?

Now that i have reread what the previous poster said i think i get it now.

The guy has given up..or wished it could be different possibly???

ventriloone

If you don't know him i post this from experience. I usually do that when they're out of my league and i'm not in any mood to fight battles i definitely won't win.

Quickslash

I agree with the above posters.

It's like "Man, I just wish I could do something that she would like."

It's a pretty sad moment being a man.

Sacrament

excuse_me.jpg

TooShyShy

What if she tries on a daily basis to talk to you and to let you know you are special to her in little ways..telling you she thought about you over the weekend, asking how he's doing??? And doing nice things for you; christmas card, homemade cookies, etc.

Would that help you think? Thats what i have doing lately.

He seems to do the *sigh* from time to time and i just feel so sad for him...he did it the other day when we passed in the lounge at work and kept his head down.

I care alot about him and wish i could help him :cry:

JonnyD

if i looked to a girl and "*sighed*" i would be thinking
"she's too good to me"
"she don't even know i exist"
"i should forget it..."
"she's sooo wonderful and i'm so......."
"she hates me "

but if you did what you said (which is absolutelly cute) i can just think he's beating himself , blowing his head against the talbe probably each time you pass , because he don't have enought courage to make a move.

why don't you invite him to do something, maybe something more private, like going to the movies or going to a park with those Giant Wheels...

maybe he got less shy..

ventriloone

I'm pretty thick headed but i don't think your signals are too subtle for anyone. Even I would get what they mean but they are classy. Yea you could ask him out or ask what's wrong when he sighs... He'll say nothing probably though

no1

Banned
TooShyShy said:
What if she tries on a daily basis to talk to you and to let you know you are special to her in little ways..telling you she thought about you over the weekend, asking how he's doing??? And doing nice things for you; christmas card, homemade cookies, etc.

Would that help you think? Thats what i have doing lately.

He seems to do the *sigh* from time to time and i just feel so sad for him...he did it the other day when we passed in the lounge at work and kept his head down.

I care alot about him and wish i could help him :cry:

Maybe he just needs a little encouragement because he thinks or feels a "relationship" is just not possible.

Maybe he thinks your signs aren't that serious, I dunno. you should ask him what's up, tell him he looks a little serious... maybe he needs some enlightenment.

I dunno these are just ideas from my head and I may not be the most knowledgeable of this topic.

forfeiting the game... yea that might be it also.

TooShyShy

I just feel i have done alot lately; a very sweet card, baked homemade cookies..even asked him for his work email a few weeks ago so we can exchange info that we both needed...its just not sinking through :cry: and he is still very quiet around me and i guess it just hurts that he laughs and jokes with everyone else in the building but when he sees me he gets quiet, shy..looks terribly nervous at times sometimes just puts his head down and walks away but yet i feel if i did approach him to tell him that i like him, he'd say he's not interested bcuz he can't realax in front of me.

I have never had a man so nervous around me before, but yet HE HAS TO SAY HELLO TO ME EVERYDAY and if i don't respond; i will put my head down (and look at paper work) to try and look busy or if i look like i am upset with him..i get frustrated too at times..he keeps walking by until i say hello back.

After working together all this time, he was told last yerthat i liked him originally..but i did nothing about it bcuz he said he was 'playing the field' i just don't get it.

I don't know, maybe i am just fighting a losing battle :( its so sad!!!!

ventriloone

if he's nervous around you he obviously likes you. I mean i'm a social moron and even i know that. I get so nervous around girls i become physically sick. Maybe he's the same

Dave_McFadden

Hi. Me again. I just thought of something...does he know you're single? Maybe he thinks you're "taken". Actually, he probably assumes it unless he knows for certain otherwise.

getbornagain

what i'd like to know is what does the attractive female think when she sees a guy with his head down all anxious and pathetic?

obita

His nervousness and reluctance to act on your signs may be worse because you work together. He may be worried that he could misread you or act and then get rejected... and then you'd have to see each other everyday at work which would be extremely awkward. Like the saying "sh#tting in your own backyard" kind of thing.

TooShyShy

Thank you for all the responses, they are so helpful guys :D and i have thought about the fact we work together but if that bothered him wouldn't he just go away then...not try to interact at all. I feel like he can't help himself either.

Just the fact i am treated differently and he is very nervous & shy around me shows me he wants something???

Am i wrong about that???

Also, I never view him as pathetic let me just say that..what decent woman would? No one's perfect, we all have issues to over come.

And..i am shy myself especially around him, the only difference is i will put myself out there, in my own way (approaching him, baking cookies, card, etc.) and i guess on some level he is to.

HE JUST LOOKS SO DARN SCARED AROUND ME!!!!!!! How do i help him get over being so frightened???? It makes me so sad especially when i see how he is with everyone else..i want to cry.

I do feel his head down, anxious, quiet behavior around me only lets me know he has a hard time with his feelings for me and is afraid to be close, too personal or intimate with me...i don't think in all his 30 plus years he has had a serious, loving relationship.

I just don't think that a man who has had that in his life acts this way around a girl????

What throws me is around all the other females in the building; married, single, engaged, pregnant, etc. HE IS FINE is actually funny, wise cracking and very smart!!!!!!!! They looooooove him!!!!!!!!!

He rarely shows me that side of him and IF he does..he is nervous, turns red, repeats himself ALOT...i just don't know anymore what to do.

At least he can talk to me now, he does make eye contact for much longer. The only thing is i get he feeling sometimes when i look at him..he wishes i wouldn't then other times he stares (from afar) and doesn't look away at all!!!! Its like he sees me standing there looking at him and he puts his head down and looks like he want to be invisible but far away he can look for an hour. I don't get it!!!!!

Most days he will walk by me 2 or 3 times to MAKE SURE he says hello to me. Its as if he is on a mission to say it...lol...but then when i approach him to talk he's all serious, can't smile, but is extremely polite, says good morning, holds doors open, etc. its all the awkwardness that makes me wish i never approached him in the first place.

And then a few hours later he will be hanging out wherever i am and just "watching" from across the room..he always has someone with him though, so he has someone to talk to. He doesn't have to be tthere, he's just standing there, with his arms folded and talking to whomever comes by, its just so obvious even to a few coworkers!!!!! They are like "Uhhh why is he in here again..doesn't he have somethign he can go fix?"

Uggggh! I am just at a loss :?

Klaus

He is in love with you.

At school time I was in love for this red hair girl, I wanted to date her so much!
I used to stare at her when she was far from me. When she stared back I started to look to the wall, floor. T
hen she started to glance me whenever we passed by each other.
Months doing that and she comes up to me and says:
Hi! How are you?
I couldn't say a thing, I was terrified and she became terrified too. I had a panic attack in front of her. She was shy that moment, probably without knowing why my face was like that. And started to chat with my friend for 5 secs and went away.

She doesn't know until today, but I loved her.