Why do i try with some people?

LycraPantiies92

Went on msn, a guy was on who i had spoken to once before and we spoke had a very nice conversation and spoke for hours before once. He even said he had enjoyed talking to me and hoped we'd speak again. He wasnt on ages after but i loved the conv and couldnt wait to talk to him again. He was on so I sent him a message. He replied saying hey and i said hey and we did the how are you and he replied then i added something to what he'd said. I left it at that. But i replied. He just stayed appearing online but didn't respond. So it had gone 45mins he was still on, didn't seem he was going to reply so i just logged out. We prob wont speak again.

How much of a letdown was that?
I wish i had people who wanted to talk to me, but i don't and probably never will.
I could have tried to talk, but to be honest it seemed like he didn't want to.
Fair enough i suppose.
Maybe people just don't likle me in general :confused:
That's the conclusion i come to.
I mean i felt fine, until i started that conversation on msn, i was ok, had been for ages moodwise. Why did i even bother. Stupid enough to think that we had had a great chat the last time, but now he doesnt even seem to wanna talk to me. Doesnt make sence as were both sa, have nothing to do or people to talk to yet he still rejects me.

I feel pathetic and stupid. I ought to just get on with it. How sad. I have no people. I have nobodty else. It reall hurets that. i've now started to properly cry...
How sad.
But i felt fine before i even tried to initiate conversation on msn. I shouldn't have even gone on, mu mood is awful now.

Why can't people either talk or just delete you or something if they don't like you, it gave me false hope that he could be someone nice to talk to. But people aren't nice to me. I don't think people are nice at all, I'm nice but why would i be nice and continue to be nice to people that just don't care about me at all? (cos i'm quite clearly and idiot, but also i do really wish i wasn't alone.

I've been more on top of this loneliness recently as college work has filled my schedule. But it really hit home there that i really do and there's nothing i can even do about it. social things are out of the question and i recently had no success (well men that werent just after sex) on a dating site.
It didn't seem they liked who i really was either.

Why do these people only seem to want chavs who work all week in their crappy job just to go out every week and get wrecked on fri, sat, sun? Why can't they like people like me, who don't live a chavvy antisocial lifestyle of binge drinking and generally being nasty bints.

I've had nothing but bad excperiences with msn recently tho, i haven't been using it as much as i used to though, it's turned into a pile of dung.

Firstly a guy who i met on okcupid who asked me to phone him, said he was
undertsanding of my sa and everything and would talk if i couldnt
when i phoned i was quiet and he said something like 'oh, im gonna hang up okay?' and hang up, gave me about 2 seconds.
I thought he was extra arsey after that too. He seemed a stupid guy, simply very stupid.

I felt like he'd done it to hurt me, cos he knew i found it hard.
Mind u the first time we spoke on the fone (lasted an hour, i was ok) he took the pee a lil a few times at how quiet i was, but we got on, had a nice chat:confused: i don't particlarly like the guy(now i dont at all and speak to him when i have virtually nobody left on an sa chatroom) but it masked the pain of being alone at that time.

We'd spoken fine last time so i do assume that he maybe tried to hurt me there. But then again i can be better on some occasions at speaking than others, so maybe i was just unhearable but at the same time he did say he'd speakl if i couldnt.

On my msn, literally all my contacts are blocked, i didn't get on with any of em or theyv'e deleted me cos they thought i was a freak, and some no longer use it. There's one or 2 who aren't one being that guy.

What is the problem with some people?
Also what's the problem with me? :(
I really wish i was more likeable or could fine just one person who liked me for who i genuinely was, didn't want to try to 'change' me etc.

Also a time when a guy from a normal net forum added me, we spoke for months on msn, every day usually got on well. He texted me too a lot. one day i spoke to him and told him i was pretty much comopletely outcasted at schiil, then he sai'd hed be back on at half past 6 or something, he didn't ciome on then. He's never been on since. Or texted me. :rolleyes: How pathetic is that? He obviously didn't like who i really was either :rolleyes:

I would never pretend, I will always be me, but it makles me feel sick that i'd probably have a lot of success if i just faked being someone else(Thought of it so many times), someone popular, pretty, cool, fun, adventurous, someone who gets drunk once a week or more with her massive crew of friends, someone who's had numerous exes and an extermely busy social life, she'd always have something fun to talk about.

I cannot be that person.
(Nor would i ever wish to be, I'm me, always will be)

I would say don't take it personally, often people just aren't in the mood for talking and sometimes they are. Online conversations would be very random too, at a guess
:)

awkwardamanda

Yeah, I have issues with msn too. I've met a number of people online, and there are only two I can honestly say I enjoy talking to. There are plenty of others who I don't mind talking to. But only two who I get along with particularly well and have a lot in common with. Even then, I'm only really comfortable with one of them. The other, sometimes we have good conversations, but often I'm too shy to say hello and we don't chat as often as I'd like to. Most people I've talked to online, I've had one or two decent conversations with, or maybe a few, but things go stale soon enough. I run out of things to say and the conversation doesn't last long. Or I'll want to talk to someone, but I have difficulty starting a conversation. And then we'll probably just stop talking altogether.

And I might as well direct your attention to this thread: http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/im-anxiety-30038/

Well, for the first guy, it may be that he's too busy... Or at least if that's one of my msn contacts, that's the likely reason. People try and do a dozen things at once on the pc and in real life... too much multitasking, so they may forget to reply.

For the rest, don't take it personally. It's their weakness, not yours.

ikbenrifi

All of my converstaions with online contacts go wrong at the end, and i always take it personally thinking that there is something wrong with me !

Feathers

LP, there are threads about online dating too, maybe some of the things there can be reassuring too...

Sorry to hear about your experience... Some people get interrupted in RL and forget to notify, maybe they just got a visitor or lengthy phone-call and thought it'd be over soon..

Some people don't understand SA.. Maybe that other guy thought you didn't like him so much if you didn't say a thing?

Some people genuinely are jerks, and good luck getting rid of those!!
Work and college sounds very fine!! Maybe try to do some RL living and ask a classmate for a cup of tea or something, or go out with the girls? (I assume you're a girl?)

I've talked to several other people who say they get 'burnt out' from online dating at times... It's quite okay to take a break and just focus on other things.. And then maybe later you can get enthusiastic about dating or meeting new people again... Sometimes you even meet someone cool when you decide you'll just focus on other things.. :)

Last edited: